Ten

An Unexpected Boyfriend

10.

.,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,.
`"¹li¡|¡|¡il¹"`

 

 

"Okay everyone, only letters D, F, E and G on page 33, arraji? See you in our next meeting!" The placid and most of the time conservative teacher, Ms. Ahn, announced with a sheepish grin; finally dismissing Hana's morning class. WOW. Only, huh? Hana snorted. "Thaaaaanks." She drawled in a low voice, sarcastically.

 

"Neh!~" The whole class chorused, and of course, except her.

 

After the teacher stepped out, many groaned. "AISH!" Hana watched a few of his male classmates fret and gave loud outcries of grief. "Why does our Geometry teacher always heap on us such homework?" She heard one of them, in a weather-beaten uniform, complain. She smiled and mentally agreed.

 

Seconds later, Hana looked down at her Geometry Book again. She puffed her cheeks while encircling the said letters for later's answering, then she closed her textbook. Putting it back in her bag, she saw her History project and was reminded of the worse. Okay... brace yourself, miss.   Mister Narcissistic is on his way-

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!~" Female students, not-so-sure-if-really-female-students and even some teachers (yes, that's how superlatively divine their king/prince is) all over the hallway screamed at the top of their lungs. Hana sighed. She found herself slowly shrinking back in her seat, swallowing hard. It can't be-

 

"Eotteokaeehh!! Kris Wu is on this building!!" She knew Mr. Him-That-We-All-Expect was outside their classroom. Her classroom, to be freaking accurate. Hana mildly chewed on her tongue and heavily thought. She shouldn't escape, right? Kris has done tooooooooooooooooooo much already for her that she doesn't even know why she had to be so ill-mannered. How cheeky would she be if she won't cope up, worse, if she wouldn't live by her words.

 

But he's still a guy! She kept repeating strongly in mind. A GUY THAT I EXTREMELY DISLIKE.

 

"I guess this calls for..." Hana looked up at the ceiling and thougt hard, just as one fourth-grader would do while finding solutions for world problems in wandering lizards stuck on educational posters. Right. "...thinking of the positive side," Hana muttered, doing her very best to coax her usual, obdurated self.

 

Right, right. She intently nodded and grabbed her bag, as well as finally standing up. Hanna Lee, this is going to be alright. She cajoled, giving her self one last nod. Yeah, though it won't. At least this should be of help to him: being his fictitious girlfriend.

 

I knew I was this aristocratic. Kris Wu smirked at his fandom who almost swooned in delight. He wondered how Hana would look like if she was part of them. Almost immediately, he shook such unlikeable reverie off. That'll never happen. He had to admit in mind, smiling. They were keen with his every move, every shift of his orbs and every lowering and raising of his lips. Most of their chit-chat, he didn't really mind listening, he was more anxious to provoke Hana.

 

"Oh gosh! It's actually the schoolyear's miracle! OPPA IS IN THIS HALLWAY!!"

 

"I know right? Oppa! Marry me!" A cute girl in big, bright pink sneakers loudly broke in. Kris inwardly chuckled but stayed emotionless on the outer. Suddenly, his head quickly turned to the other door of Hana's classroom where he wasn't facing. He swore he saw some skirt sway behind.

 

"No stupid! He's waiting for me. It's me he's destined."

 

"Oh hays no, b*tch. He's fated to be mine. MINE." One tall, slender and pale-skinned lady snapped and before Kris (who still was focusing on the other door) knew it, big and small verbal fights were already occuring. Yet Kris paid no, NO attention.

 

Like, zero percent damn given. Nothing at all.

 

"Seriously?" Hana mumbled under her breath, "He's bound to marry a buffalo so shut up." Hana squabbled in a very faint voice. She rolled her eyes and gulped again before facing the other not-so-crowded other door. Here goes no one...

 

The moment Lee Hana stepped out of the other door, Kris laid his eyes on her as if only the two of them were present in the entire hallway. "Miss Hannah Lee!" Kris abruptly called and saw his love interest froze right then and there. The commotion died down right then and there, too.

 

"Who's Misa Nali?"

 

"Sounds like a Japanese name to me." Girls followed to where Kris' had set his eyes on. 

 

Hana pressed her lips into a thin line and bravely turned around, determinedly squelching her own misgivings for the first time in many years. Feeling a hundred pair of eyes pierce her all over was not what she had thought of in a million years. She knew being famous had its up and downs. But she was more concerned with the downs which were beyond tough for a clueless girl like her.

 

People could, will and would follow you.Wherever you will go. She read that in one article from the school's previous schoolpapers. They would know your actions and take great notice of your weakness than what you would do good. People would need to dig deep into you and your background. You'd get no privacy at all. That, she knew, was how popularity should be defined. "I wonder what's so strangely amazing in that that people prefer it so much..." Hana would say.

 

"Wae?" She faintly answered as she stared back at the person who owns an immortal flawless canvass; it was vexatious for her. Kris shortly smiled at her expression, though it was unreadable and beyond angered. He had a feeling he... kind of liked and hated it at the same time. (SAY WHAT? xD)

 

Good girl... "Follow me, will you?" Kris asked with his natural, husky and entrancing voice. With that heartless visage, he took three light steps forward. Hana controlled the urge to punch Kris in the face but she clutched on two of her morning textbooks strongly anyway, and Kris anticipated what she has to say. She took a deep breath before nodding a bit.

 

"I... I think..." She hesitantly grunted, taking a long, defiant glance at the gang of ruthless schoolgirls glaring at her. ...that I'm going get all my hair pulled anytime today, mister.

 

"DID OUR KRIS JUST ASK HER POLITELY?"


"OMONA. IT REALLY IS THE END OF THE WORLD."

 

Kris shortly nodded and smirked proudly at Hana. They were standing in front of each other; Kris looking down, and Hana with her chin held up, deciphering how that smirk got in there for her. Both staring at each other's orbs in spite. Well, it seemed as if they were intently staring in pure admiration for others; those who knew nothing, nothing at all.

 

"Kaja?" He faintly suggested and smoothly pulled her to his side, not even waiting for her answer. Well, that was a question, so... Everyone gaped at his left arm all over Hana's shoulders. Girls started gasping and backstabbing.

 

"Kriiis Oppaaa!" One blonde and short Asian chick screeched, her voice was beyond bothersome for a cute girl. "TELL US WHO IS SHE AND WHY IS SHE WITH YOU!?" She blatantly asked/yelled.

 

Kris smirked and answered over his broad shoulders. Hana pleadingly looked at him. No. Don't. Or at least, not now. Kris, I swear- "Maybe next time." Everyone sighed glumly while Hana relaxed for now. Some girls frowned and abandoned their fantasy. Back to their own realities.

 

The tall and well-built man started walking and so did the agitated one next to him. Hana gulped and focused on walking along with Kris' pace. Both of them disregarded the countless breakdown of females and the bantering of all and sundry.

 

"J-jeongmal miwoyo." She managed to utter. Kris chuckled and looked to his left. He didn't realize she had her head hung low. Very, very low that he was afraid her neck might snap and that her head would fall off anytime. Stuttering. Hah, that's new. He slightly smiled when he finally saw the canteen's sign.

 

Hana sighed and kept her eyes shut since they strolled the corridors. Kris could clearly hear what she was mumbling over and over again. "How can you actually live like this? You're impossi-" Kris shut her off by pulling her dangerously closer to him. "I told you I can do anything." He relented and stopped before the entrance. He unattached himself from her and tipped her chin up, "Didn't I prove that this morning?"

 

She rolled her eyes, restraining herself from stabbing this man with the canteen's sign adjacent to them. "Ashushhhsh. Yeah. Yeah. Whatever." She rolled her eyes and started to walk in but-

 

Kris frowned as heturned around and reached for her arm, stopping her. Hana turned her head to look at him. "Whaaaaaaaaat?" She uninterestedly asked. Kris shook his head and chuckled for a short time. "Omonim didn't arrive early today, that meant no lunch for you was brought, right?"

 

And because of you I had to dash out and not make one for myself- "So?" Hana raised an eyebrow but nodded anyway. She continued, "That's completely fine. I have my salary with me so I can-"

 

"Ashushhhsh. No." He said and glared at her with his eyes that probably chilled all the girls out there, and also clearly imitated what the girl in front of him did awhile ago. "I made a promise to Omonim and Halmeoni that I'll be buying you lunch..." His lips curved in the most playful way.

 

Hana's eyes widened. "...every... day." He finished and shortly flashed the most jaunty grin his mouth could make. Hana gulped. What was that? Before she could (obviously) retaliate, Kris had already pulled her inside.

 

※ ※ ※

 

Kris turned stone-faced as he felt himself getting abashed again by this girl in front of his friends. "C'mon." Kris urged. Xiumin, Tao and Lay were already eating but also kept glancing at the newly bred couple.

 

"I told you, NO. NO. And no." Still as stubborn as ever, Hana pushed Kris' lavish wallet back to his hands. "But, you, I, we, have to eat." Kris grunted, nearing his boiling point. He gave Hana the most blackmailing look. Hana unfortunately understood. He raised his thick eyebrows and encouraged his wallet onto Hana's hands for the fifth time.

 

Luhan chuckled like a kid, his lips formed into a small 'o'. "Just accept it, already." He beamed.

 

Shut up you. She swallowed before finally accepting the expensive thing back. "But!" She suddenly spoke and eyed Kris. "You have to accompany me." She told her condition fast. Kris was confused with why but stood up with her anyway. Not because he had no choice, but because he had this predominating feeling that he wants to.

 

Hana and Kris started walking towards the canteen counters. Everyone stopped to look at them together. As much as their brains could interpret, Hana sighed and walked with impatient and unnecessary shufflings."I knew it." Kris suddenly said.

 

She turned to look at him. "You already feel scared without me." He simply spat.

 

"ARE YOU SU-" Hana erupted when they arrived. "Rrrssshh." Kris was shocked with her hollering. Afraid that she would mock him again, he drew her in with one arm. Hana gasped a bit as her head bumped with Kris' hard chest. Girls sighed and restrained themselves from glancing at the unmatched two. She gave Kris a what-was-that-for-you-bastard-look. Kris pursed his lips together and gave Hana the most fraudulent smile in the whole world.

 

"What's our order, young ones?" An Ahjumma grinned at them. "The same one who ate late days ago..." She suddenly remembered. "...I knew you two matched." She clapped in glee.

 

Kris coughed while Hana rolled her eyes, pushing him away. Kris sighed and leaned against the canteen counters, observing his friends argue about something. He patiently listened to Hana who ordered politely. Seconds after, he heard the sound of his wallet being opened and closed. His friends nodded while giving Kris a thumbs up. In response, he gave them a smirk then a quick laugh. All it needed was blockmail.

 

I should've figured earlier. Over his shoulders, he observed the calmed girl ping his bag. Hana sighed and hurled his wallet there. Kris glowered and heard the zipping. He faced the counters and was quite taken aback with the amount of food in the tray. It was a lot. He didn't mind the money spent but was curious of something else. He stared at Hana who innocently stared at him back. "Is there another couple you want to feed, besides us?"

 

The Ahjumma and several other stuff who came out watched in interest. They were mesmerized with their endless bickering. The elder ones found it soooooo cute, the teenagers didn't know why.

 

Hana gave him a look with her eyebrows arched. "No. Only us- I-I-I mean, what? Why?" She straightened, realizing what on Earth she had said. Kris couldn't help but smile and leaned forward, lightly kissing her right cheek. Hana realized what he was doing and shoved his face away with a little frown. "Do. Not. Do. That. Again." She grunted, her eyes burning with hate, nope, not with embarrassment, but hate.

 

Kris seemed to smile often now. He didn't know why but seeing her despise him and all, smiling seemed like the best counterattack. "Miss, I didn't do anything." He responded and carried their big and heavy tray, Hana trailing behind him.

 

※ ※ ※

 

After afternoon class, Hana hurriedly dashed to the lockers, hoping that she could get home safely without any bruise or trace of slap in her skin. She wasn't scared of the girls here, but to the women in her house, she definitely was. She smiled when she finally set foot before her locker. "Ppalli, Hanna Lee." She heard a girl snicker around. Yet she was too rushed to actually mind.

 

"Geometry. History. Chemistry and... where is that one..." A crease her forehead and searched for a cream-colored notebook. "Here." She took it and forced it in the small opening of her bag. She was scrambling because moments from now, everyone would be flooding the locker room.

 

Closing her bag and fixing it behind her, she closed her locker and turned around. One senior girl who own gorgeous looks smiled at her. She was confused for a bit but smiled in return. She turned to go but the senior called her. "Misaaahhh... Nali?" She rubbed her head, unsure.

 

But I thought I heard you say my name correctly? Hana looked at her who seemed to be having an inner debate. Hana shook her head. "I believe you all heard it wrong." She smiled but it quickly faded away, knowing who got them wrong. "I'm Ha Na Lee." She corrected with a firm face, eager to go. The senior grinned and nodded. "OH! MIAN! HE. HE..." She walked towards Hana and grabbed her arms. Oh no. Hana felt her painted nails onto her skin.

 

"You have one hot boyfriend, Hanna." The senior girl said through her gritted teeth. Hana tried getting away but artsy -looking girls piled around her, one by one. "No... I'm not... Ugh... Shoot." Hana tried to deny, but... Eotteoke. Most of them smiled evilly.

 

"Oh, Yeori-ah! You have there the witch who lured Kris Oppa!" Hana couldn't count them all. The girl who called clapped her hands in glee. There were plenty of them who greeted this Yeori girl in front of Hana.

 

"You know, you don't deserve him at all. The queenkas, at least would be acceptable."

 

Hana rolled her eyes and glared at each one who had her question. I neeeeever wanted to be your Kris oppa's girlfriend, for all you knoooow. She ranted in mind. She was suddenly reminded of him and tried not to bite her lip, but it was hard since this senior girl's nails were penetrating her skin. The arts students of the Higher Classmen. So it was true that they were queenka-mindsetted. She tried not to wince in pain.

 

"Oppa's longest relationship is only eleven days and nineteen hours." One haughtily informed. "And that was with Jeo Seohyunnie." Hana scowled. So what? She doesn't care, anyway. "Bet an ugly newcomer like you will only last for a day and a few hours." The girl continued to grin and pretended to lightly smack Hana but, out of nowhere, multi-colored liquids trailed down Hana's blouse.

 

"HECK NO!" Her jaw dropped and she tried getting away but they were too many.

 

"Oh, Daemi unnie! You brought our supplies!" Another one giggled and helped this Daemi close it, but she looked up at Hana and gave her a wicked smile she probably practiced for weeks. "Go, Hyemi!" Hana heard three of them cheer for this another one.

 

"Don't!" Hana felt her chest compress seeing her expensive uniform turn into a painting canvass for these girls now. Even at times like this, Hana never thought of a guy, eh, Kris? He was not in her mind right now. She wishes inanimate objects would you know, save her, just like in movies and in anime. Or, well, if that's just impossible, a kind girl will do.

 

"Omona~!" Hyemi a startled expression. They started giggling but stopped midway when they sensed a lot more students nearing the lockers. "Shoot! Let's go!" They started running while Yeori shot Hana one last glare. "This is for going out with the guy not made for you." She whispered and slammed Hana to her locker.

 

Gladly, Hana kept her balance and stood still. "Aish. It inevitably transpired!" She faced away from the students and hurried out, frowning at her uniform. Hana was too tough to cry. When she got out, she saw the students rushing in the gym.

 

She opened her bag and found no extra shirt. "Eoma's gonna see me like this. Halmeoni will kill me! ARRRRGGGHHH!" She shouted and kicked the walls, not minding those few that watched her. She saw her phone and seemed to involuntarily press the power button on. She continued sulking as she sat on an empty bench, waiting for some sort of miracle to happen.

 

Hana noticed some students looking at her uniform. She blew an irritated raspberry and started buttoning her blazer, hoping it would obscure the paint in her white blouse.

 

Seconds after her phone illuminated, it vibrated endlessly. She realized it was to notify her of Missed Calls and Unread Messages. Her eyes rounded at the sight of eight and four respectively. Scrolling down, it was ALL FROM THE UNREGISTERED DIGITS OF KRIS. "Hoolyyyy." She faintly said. Just two seconds after, a ring came in. She sighed and answered it.

 

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU AT LUNCH ABOUT TURNING OFF YOUR PHONE?" Hana had to part her ears from her mobile phone for the sake of her eardrums. She didn't answer and waited for what he had to say. "Hannah? Hannah! Yah!"

 

"YES! I'M LISTENING, YOUR HIGHNESS!" Hana screamed in return. Kris smiled and sat on a chair in the gym. "Get in here, the gym-"
 


She pressed the end call without thinking twice. "And why should I?" She retaliated. She closed her eyes and felt the afternoon wind. Somehow, it eased the bad mood she possessed. She heard a sound a minute later and looked at it.

 

Get here or I will call Omonim?

 

She sighed. "Get there."

※ ※ ※

 

"Where are you now?" A deep voice from the phone speaker was heard Hana puffed her cheeks and sat by the bench outside the gym. "Outside." She answered flatly. Kris sighed and refused to be angered more. "Okay, don't move."

 

Hana nodded and was about to end the call when she saw a pair of one of the most pulchritudinous Nike shoes she has seen in her whole life. Parang NBA lang ha... "Wa." She said and looked up, feeling some big man pull her up. "What took you so long?" Kris impatiently asked.

 

Hana's mouth opened as she scanned Kris from head to toe. "You..." She looked at him in a gray basketball shirt and shorts. "...play b-ball?" She slowly inquired. Kris sent her a deadly stare that says 'yes-of-course-why-can't-I?' and grabbed her wrist. She shrugged and went with him.

 

"Must I really watch you practice?" Hana whined before the entrance. Kris intently nodded and shifted his gaze to her arm. He saw moon-shaped redness up-close. He didn't know if it was painful or not. He was about to ask when Hana drew her arms back. "O-okay but, I, I need to go... really sooner."

 

"Who did this?" Kris sounded so concerned saying that but Hana never had the heart to notice. He gently took her arms back. Hana shook her head. "Doesn't matter." She forced an unconvincing smile. "I can handle the mess you created." She concluded and gave him a funny look but Kris was too serious right now. Not knowing why, she looked down, waiting for Kris to stop examining her.

 

Carefully, he started ing her blazer. Hana's head shot up. "W-what are you doing?" She tried not to scream. "WHO THE HECK MESSED WITH YOUR BLOUSE!?" He snapped, grabbing all the attention. Hana gulped and removed his hand from her blazer. "Quiet you.." She hissed and turned away from the gym. The spectators from inside observed the basketball player and his girl.

 

Some girls even went down to see the little lovers quarel but didn't dare go any nearer. It was normal to see Kris argue with a lady, his girlfriend(s) to be exact, but it was the first time the young man appeared so, so austered about something.

 

"So my Hannah was bullied?" Kris gloomily asked loudly for his friends to hear. He searched for her eyes; they seemed lost and in agony. Well, the usual Hana. Hana rolled her eyes. "I have to buy a shirt going home before Eoma sees." She explained as quick as possible and waited for Kris to already tell her she could just go.

 

Just then, Kris had started dragging her towards the basketball players' lockers. "Hey, hey! What the hell, where are we heading?" She wailed more and Kris just chose to ignore it. He halted and so did Hana. "Wait here." Kris continued in.

 

Hana watched Kris go in and grab something. She turned around and noted the attractive and elegant feel the gym lockers gave off. The areas around were really clean and filthy-rich looking, she could just live here. She sighed. Rich people, really...

 

"Hannah." Kris called, she turned around and faced him who started dragging her to the women's restroom. "Can you just tell me what's up?" She continued to pry, baffled. Kris encouraged her in and tossed a medium-sized gray athletic shirt in her hands. It looked untouched and so brand new.

 

"That's too small for me, might as well give it to you." He stated and nudged her to go change quickly. She stared at it before looking up at him, realizing his intentions. "Faster! I still have practice, remember?" He reminded, his tone rising up a bit.

 

Hana didn't think twice anymore and just got in. She started to change and realized it was actually a little complimenting to her little frame. Wow, he's really useful sometimes. She pondered at his deeds, smiling at her reflection in the mirror.

 

Out of the blue, she thought it wouldn't hurt to groom a bit.

 

Swiftly, she tied her hair in a neat bun and wiped the obvious sweat off her face with the blazer in her hands. "Mom's gonna be smiling to see me groomed." She smiled a bit and stepped out as soon as she was done because, well, Kris was waiting.

 

Kris' mouth formed into an O as Hana stepped out as if nothing happened. Strange how she looked better than alright. Gray shirt like his and her longer skirt. "Not bad." He commented and took her blouse and blazer from her. "Whatever." She turned around and let Kris put it in her backpack. Kris closed her backpack afterwards, but he didn't move. He stared at her wavy hair in the Korean bun that still looked soft despite all the sweat and such.

 

His eyes trailed down and saw the back of the gray shirt she wore which had WU in it. Wu. He suddenly smiled. It looked so convincing that even him, liked it. "Girls are dying to have my jerseys and all." He suddenly blurted out. "Eh?" Hana raised an eyebrow.

 

"Let's go." He cleared his throat and walked ahead. He wasn't waiting for a thanks because, well, he already knew this girl's doings and all. Hana followed him, but stopped for a while when she scrutinized his shirt. "Hey!" She called and Kris turned to look at her.

 

Hana looked down at the shirt Kris gave her. "Aren't these two identical?" She asked, pointing at Kris' and hers. He chuckled. "Glad you realized." Hana sighed. "You fish! But why?" She accused cutely. Kris shrugged. Unknown to Hana, he was smiling like an evil idiot. Couple shirts aren't as greasy and bad when it's athletic ones. He suppressed another smile.

 

They entered the gym and everyone, I repeat, everyone marveled at both of them walking like the courts were some runway or something. Kris was back to his usual, cool Kris Wu.

 

"Goodness gracious! AREN'T THOSE COUPLE SHIRTS?"

 

The people observed the couple settle down, though it was unofficial, they knew something was fishy. "That girl is actually pretty when groomed." Kris' coach remarked. Xiumin and Luhan grinned and called for their conceited dongsaeng. He was already gone for fifteen minutes.

 

Kris told Hana to just sit and watch in one of the chairs where the players stayed. She did as told and hugged her bag. "How long?" She looked up at him, waiting for an answer. He looked at his watch then back at her. "Forty minutes or so?" He suddenly asked. Hana looked at his waiting team and nodded. "Just don't , mister." She muttered and became comfortable though glares were on her. Kris liked that she stayed tough in and out.

 

"?" He scoffed and pulled something out of his shorts. "That isn't even in my vocabulary, miss." He declared and gave Hana his iPhone 5. She doubtedly glanced at him then the phone. He rolled his eyes. "So you won't be bored," he said casually. "In case you don't like basketball. The password 1106." He went on.

 

She turned the screen on and accessed it with the password. True enough, everything he said was right. It was full of apps, music, music videos and that his password really was 1106. "You sure?" Hana doubted before finally exploring his gadget.

 

Kris shrugged. "I have nothing to hide to my girlfriend." He proclaimed and rubbed his eyebrows. Hana 'O'-ed with and proceeded. She felt... wonderful hearing that. "Great," was all she said.

 

"WU!" The coach barked.

 

She looked at the court and saw Kris already jogging towards his team. Just then, he turned around and mouthed. "I'll be sending you home." Hana shortly nodded, she was sure the women in her house wanted that.

 

There was no need to refuse, right? She looked down and started clicking on his apps. Wow. The guy's not as bad today.