Fourteen

An Unexpected Boyfriend

 

14.

.,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,.
`"¹li¡|¡|¡il¹"`

 

 

Kris stopped his car as they arrived at Wu International. He removed his hands from the glossy steering wheel and turned his attention to the girl next to him. The car ride had been favorably silent since she muted and chose to sleep.

 

"Yah." Kris called as he poked Hana's arm once. She didn't move but her chest was rising up and down as she breathed distinctly. "What made you tired?" Kris rolled his eyes.

 

He carefully reached for his phone in her right hand, on her left was the box of pictures. He slowly reached for it too and forced it in a black leather messenger bag behind him. He turned the screen on and found a paused game of Temple Run.

 

He looked at her again, still no movement.

 

He exited the app and instantly clicked on the camera icon. He didn't know why, he just... clicked it. He positioned his phone inches from Hana's face, then his iPhone5 made a loud shutter sound as he snapped on a photo of Hana in that new state of hers.

 

She stirred a bit at the abrupt noise but kept her eyes closed. Oh just how peaceful she looked. Kris mentally smacked himself, he would probably go mad if someone disturbs that serene facade which was often times harsh and vexed.


Wait, what? Hell no, why would you do that, Kris Wu? He shook his head.
 

 

A loose section of her wavy hair fell and was about to hit Hana's eyes but Kris caught it in time. He moved nearer and caressed it slightly, realizing how soft her hair actually was. "Still impossible." He faintly whispered and curled her hair behind her left ear.

 

He got out of the car and made sure he locked it. Why, you ask?

 

Well... just to be sure she doesn't escape him. He'll never know what's playing on Hana's mind. Never.

 

※ ※ ※

 

"Chairman!" A male voice called out behind Kris. Kris turned around and found his panicky-but-always-certain-and-never-mistaken, older by a few years, secretary, Park Yoochun scrambling towards him. I think he should say, attractive too.

 

Kris nodded at him. "Neh, hyung?"

 

Yoochun smiled at him as he caught his breath, both of them had shared a good childhood together. He was often there for Kris and his friends when they needed another companion who were years older than them. Thus, more mature than they are. They liked engaging in a long coversation with Yoochun who knew more about the real world; the world without luxuries which Kris never experienced.

 

They were very open to each other when they were still younger.

 

Yoochun's father had worked for Kris' abeoji as his two-year secretary and so the two young men they happened to meet, agreeing on a lot of terms in the first meeting. But now, old Mr. Park (or Kris' second father) serves Kris now too as his right-hand, as you might know, so just like Yoochun. But the latter was for business and Mr. Park were for more personal, home and family matters.

 

Kris would forever be thankful for a secretary that never failed him, and a secretary that he knew was a knowledgeable, honest and loyal friend. A secretary that inherited the characteristics of Mr. Park well.

 

Yoochun was one of those few employees Kris took good care of.

 

"President wanted an exclusive meeting with the board tomorrow from nine to eleven." Yoochun told him after he bowed loyally. "He says it's something really important."

 

Two hours meeting? Kris looked at him knowingly. Something in the way his secretary's brows furrowed told him it was this a subject matter his father was completely upset about. "I knew this would happen." He sighed as he crossed his arms. "It's the delayed merger, isn't it?"

 

"I'm afraid not." Yoochun responded quickly as he handed him a blue file that he had been holding on tight as he ran towards his employer. It something Kris had never seen since he accepted this high position a year ago. Kris gave him a 'then what the hell is it?' look as he took it in his hands.

 

"Mianhaeyo." Yoochun stared down while Kris gave the article an irritated examination. "I don't have a clue on what it's about too, Chairman..." He let his voice trail off purposely, making Kris look up at him. "But President says you need give it a good review overnight."

 

Ah, Abeoji... Kris refused to open the file right now. He was sure he'd have a heavy heart if he took a little glance at what it's about. No classes tomorrow, anyways. He sighed and he forced a crooked smile at his friend.

 

"I will." He muttered surely. "Thank you for being on a scurry for this. You were having lunch with your girlfriend?"

 

"I was," Yoochun answered then smiled gratefully at him. "But, no, Chairman. Thank you for dropping by," He said seriously, putting emphasis on those two words. "I nearly... nearly forgot about it if you hadn't come." He shook his head, lightly chuckling.

 

On the contrary, I'm not quite glad I came. Kris rebutted inwardly as he glanced at the blue file in his hands. But big thanks to someone I had to... and now this...

 

Yoochun watched as Kris' lips curl in the most unnoticeable way. Kris wasn't speaking but he nodded. Then the secretary's eyes rounded... what the freak... the Chairman was biting back a smile.

 

His secretary knew he was dead tired, but there was something in his facade that told him something has been keeping him alive and going. Albeit only a little bit of that helped, it still made Kris a rather different Chairman right now ... unlike before.

 

But still, he managed to continue handling the company on it's peak though his mind sometimes wasn't persuaded that he actually could. Well, there was his father to aid him at rare times when Kris really needed some extra push for the company.

 

Kris glanced at Yoochun. "I'll go now." He walked out fast before he could say anything. Dang, hyung must've seen me going all soft and such. He flipped his golden hair as he walked out. 

 

"A-ah, ndeh! Be safe, Chairman Wu!" Yoochun waved beamingly at him. "I hope I see more of that once in a blue moon, happy, perfect face of yours, Yifan." He faintly wished and spun around.

 

※ ※ ※

 

Kris' eyes widened when his eyes spotted his car with no Hana visible from afar. He grunted something in English and doubled his steps towards his audi, having that poker face on because a lot of people around recognized him or maybe because... well, it just comes off naturally.

 

He scowled after he unlocked his car and found her nowhere in that seat where she were minutes ago. He cursed in Mandarin and slipped into the driver's seat. "How did she!?" He shouted all of a sudden.

 

Kris removed his school blazer and hurled it, together with the blue file, to the empty seat next to his. He was about to start the car when he heard soft snoring noises from the back. He raised an eyebrow and looked behind him.

 

There she was-- a much prettier Lee Hana, stretched cozily and still sleeping tranquilly.

 

Kris broke into a rare smile as he watched her in disbelief. Her arms were joint to a side while her hands were neatly tucked under her head and buried in her wavy hair.

 

He shook his head questioningly. How come he didn't check on that part of his car? Was he too preoccupied of the fact that Hana's actions were greatly predictable? Or was it because of this important meeting his father came up with?

 

Both? He nodded shortly and grabbed his blazer. He stepped out from the driver's seat and opened the car door behind, where Hana was. He sighed and sat on a little space near Hana's knees.

 

He held his blazer up and used it to cover her bare legs. He also pulled her wrinkled socks higher. He shook his head and slowly got off, squating in front of Hana's face and trying his best not to bump his head due to his towering height.

 

"Miss Slumber, there's only two hours before school." He murmured softly as he ran his fingers through her hair, capturing the blond highlights that he simply liked looking at.

 

Kris balked when Hana's eyes slowly opened. She yawned shortly, closing her eyes again. He released her hair and smirked, showing a cocky face when she abruptly opened her eyes. She was startled at first but she calmed sometime later and stared back at Kris' orbs.

 

"Aish... isn't it too early for a nightmare?" She mumbled mockingly.

 

"Yah." Kris glared at her. "If I were a nightmare then I'd be a very... very handsome one." He said confidently and gently pushed her forehead with his two fingers.

 

She chuckled humorlessly and closed her eyes again. "Overweening mister."

 

 ※ ※ ※

 

After a few minutes of (again) quiet driving, Kris brought his car's engine to a stop. His head turned to look at Hana who was smiling dreamily. "Must be me." He smirked and reached out to nudge her.

 

"Hannah." He called once; loud and clear. Hana recoiled and opened one eye.

 

"It's Hana for the hundredth time." She said groggily. There was a little frown on her face as she gradually got up, the boyfriend's schol blazer sliding down her legs. Kris rolled his eyes at her and stepped out.

 

Hana sat up and slipped on her flats below the car's seat. She looked at her fully-stretched socks then to the blazer beside her. She picked it up and the first thing she saw was WU on the namecloth.

 

Kris opened the car door adjacent to her and gave her an impatient look. "What are you waiting for, the weekends?" He interjected her little thoughts.

 

"Ani!" She scowled and threw the blazer in her hands to his perfect face. "For this relationship thing to come to an end." She retorted robotically and watched Kris wear his blazer.

 

Then she remembered, yes, the weekends. Her job. How did she forget? Was it Kris' appearance? She thought for awhile. It was.

 

Oh wait no. She frantically shook her head at her earlier conclusions. It was... the... the hair! Yes. It was beautiful hair, Hanna Lee. She chewed on the insides of her cheeks as she justified her mental rebuttals. Not the face of thatconceited bastard.

 

"Well, the feeling is mutual." He smirked and pulled her out by her arm. "We're at school now."

 

Her eyes widened as she looked around at the students who gave her inquisitive looks the moment she got out of Kris' car. Some started whispering things to each other now. 'Who is she?' and 'A new student?' could be faintly heard.

 

She gulped as she observed them frown at her. It was as if she did a very unacceptable crime.

 

Kris made her look up. "Hey, do you want to see our room before lunch?" He asked coolly.

 

Hana blinked at him, she always wanted to go into those extravagant rooms where only the wealthiest students stay and study; those that she always dreamed of entering. She nodded shortly. "That would be nice." She answered lifelessly, just to hide this little excitement in her head.

 

He smirked. "Cope up?" He asked slyly before walking ahead. "Yes, yes. So shut up already." Hana huffed and followed him; she so needed to end this.

 

※ ※ ※

 

"Oh yeah!" Chen bolted up when he remembered something which made him feel utterly sad.

 

"How come I got 98 in that karaoke and Xiumin hyung 100!?" He recalled that one time they did a little karaoke contest in broad daylight. They purposely did it in Kris' suite since the latter wouldn't wake up.

 

Xiumin did his evil baozi smile and his brows were raised in a mischievous mien. "Jongdae-ah, you have to realize that it's not on how good your voice is, but how loud you are!"

Luhan started laughing at the oldest guy's truthful explanation. "WAAAAEEE?~" Chen wailed, his eyes crinkling in both glee and glum as he watched his friends gag too.

 

"It's true, Chenchen." Luhan sidled to Chen's side and slung his arm around his neck, how childhood friends like them always do. "So don't even think of beating Xiumin hyung at that." Lay agreed, laughing while looking down to hide an enormous grin, like what Tao is doing.

 

They stopped shortly when the doorknob made a twisting sound. Seconds later it was opened widely. Kris had entered with a poker face. As usual. The guys smiled at him.

 

"Oh, duizhang-" Tao balked and so did the others when a girl walked in with him. She slowly closed the door behind her and looked around; not minding the men inside. Is this still a classroom!? She pondered wonderingly as she one-by-one noticed the air-conditioned area.

 

She took a small step forward. She kept as she gazed at the finely detailed walls. Her eyes trailed down, and found that they had a flatscreen television! Oh and their chairs! Goodness, how superb those looked-

 

Lay shot up. "Why did you bring a girl in our classroom!?" He snapped icily at Kris. Chen blinked and waited for their duizhang's response. Then he thought, there wasn't even a single time that Kris, or any one of them allowed a female in their room.

 

They just... didn't want to.

 

Hana blinked rapidly when Lay's alarming tone caught her attention. She stared at Lay, she never heard him do that. Well, maybe because she opts not seeing any one of them.

 

Then she glanced at Kris who raised an annoyed eyebrow at him. "I can't?" He rejoined. "I thought you said you guys wanted me to bring-"

 

Just then, Luhan and Xiumin started laughing their heads off after giving 'the girl' a good observation. "PUAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAH~" Lay, Tao and Chen dully stared at them.

 

"Eh? What's funny?" Tao made a face, quite amused and at the same time, very much confused.

 

"You guys... don't recognize her?" Luhan said in between infantile laughs similar to the oldest bun. "That just proves how much Hana transformed!" He clasped hands with Xiumin who nodded.

 

"Lee Hanaaaaaaw way-" Lay's jaw dropped. "LEE HANA!?" He gazed at her... oh this little amnesia of Yixing's. "Atta, mianhae." He sheepishly smiled. "I didn't really... er... unicorns. That was utterly embarrasing." He mumbled unders his breath and sat down.

 

Kris lowly chuckled.

 

So it's true. She nodded once. They never really let girls in here. And I am the first one to? Hana gave them a little smirk, feeling quite good with her little achievement. "Do I resemble someone else?"

 

"Pretty much." Kris said as she pulled her with him; the guys giving the both of them mushy stares. Hana threw his friends a look. "Who?" She asked as she leaned on the the edges of his desk. Kris sat in his chair; their eyes weren't meeting.

 

"My last girlfriend." He answered with no emotion and automatically, without hesitation, unnecessary pauses or a teasing attitude. He fished for his phone in his blazer and started dialling numbers.

 

Hana loured at his way. "Someone needs to get dematerialized?" She threatened.

 

Kris' friends namely Xiumin, Chen and Luhan chuckled sweetly at their leader's three-word answer. Tao looked at her then rolled his eyes. "As if that'll ever happen." He muttered faintly. "No can do." Lay scoffed with finality as he exchanged knowing looks with the youngest.

 

The didn't hear them because their laughs were paramount to their dispute.

 

"Then we totally support that resemblance of yours, dear Hana~" Luhan sang with so much hype, his eyes shining like that of little ones. While Tao and Lay had their mouths open with what they heard out from their leader's mouth.

 

"Oh shut up." Hana glared at him. "Maybe the last person he'll see before death-"

 

"I had lunch delievered already." Kris inserted as he stood up, yanking Hana with him. "We're eating on the rooftop."

 

"AH! BEAUTIFUL IDEA DUIZHANG!" Tao said loudly as he stretched his tall self. "Yeah, I really missed those days, duizhang." Chen smiled softly as he remembered those times when they were less busier than now. The guys nodded and rose from their seats. "And with old rooftop prince, Chun hyung." Lay smiled, showing his dimple.

 

 

Hana's forehead creased as she looked at Kris' perfect side profile. "THE WHERE!?"