Chapter 7

Goguma hunter

 

Inside the room, Yuri got awoken by the noise of the arrow pinching on the wooden windows. She saw a black silhouette behind windows.

 

THIEFT?!?! Yuri concluded. I must catch him!

 

Yuri rapidly reached her weapon bag and moved out of the room but the thief already jumped up in the sky and bounced from a rooftop to another.

 

Yuri used all her speed to run after the thief on the ground but she lost distance after a while.   

 

Sooyeon didn’t notice Yuri was following. She moved ahead in the forest to meet with the person who sent the note.

 

Sooyeon stopped in middle of the forest, behind a short man who was standing with hands clasped behind his back. When she landed on the ground, Sooyeon stepped on death leafs. The cracking sound caught the short man’s attention. He immediately turned around and attacked Sooyeon by surprise.

 

He moved the sword out and chopped horizontally at Sooyeon’s neck level.

 

Sooyeon rapidly dodged it by arching and flipping backward. She took advantage to kick up the man’s chin.

 

The man spun around and sat down to sweep Sooyeon’s feet with his short leg.

 

Sooyeon flew to the back

 

The man lifted the sword up to cut diagonally.

 

Sooyeon moved to the left in order to avoid the sword. She caught the man’s wrist and upturned him on the ground. 

 

The man hold on Sooyeon’s belt and threw her on the ground.

 

Sooyeon rolled up and took out four ninja stars in each hand. They are clipped in between each of her finger. Sooyeon threw them toward the adversary.

 

The short man whirled speedily his sword to reject the ninja stars.  He stood up cooly. “Nice shots” He said.

 

Even though his eyes were small like one liner, satisfaction could be seen from his face. “Your skill has not been ruined” He smiled slightly.

 

“Master Myung-soo!” Sooyeon called and ran over.

 

“Um!” The short man responded. He knocked Sooyeon’s head.

 

“Aigoo Master!” Sooyeon rubbed her head.

 

“What have you been doing? Why have you not success to steal anything these days?” The short man asked.

 

“Master, it’s not that I didn’t go steal but there is nothing to steal around anymore. I have stolen practically all the richest houses in the town already.” Sooyeon explained.

 

“Really?” The short man huddled his eyebrows together. “We need to find new places. What about the courtesan house? There must be lots of jewelry with the quantity of customers who come in and out per day”

 

If Yuri didn’t hit my ankle with the painted ball that day, I could have gotten the jewelry box. Sooyeon recalled the incident. “Well, there was a small incident but I’ll go back in a few days.”

 

“With your martial skill level, there are people who could fight against you? I need to train you harder”

 

Well Yuri could surely not match my martial skill but Yul is Yul I don’t want to fight against her. Hihihi.   Sooyeon lost in her thoughts.

 

Myung-soo looked at Sooyeon weird smile.

 

Sooyeon straighten up her facial expression. “Master, who in the earth is able to surpass your disciple. I didn’t success because I got lack of sleep that day.”

 

Myung-soo hit Sooyeon’s head. “AISHHH WHAT KIND OF THIEFT IN THE EARTH WHO NEED TO SLEEP ALL DAY LONG”

 

Me? Sooyeon answered in her head.

 

Myung-soo flicked his tongued. “Haizzz I cannot blame you. You must have gotten that sleeping habit from your mother”

 

Myung-soo recalled that 18 years ago, his realtion with Sooyeon’s mother didn’t success because she overslept and miss the rendezvous with him.

 

18 years ago, Myung-soo, Sooyeon’s mother and Sooyeon’s father lived in a same village.

 

Myung-soo had a one side love with Sooyeon’s mother. He believed she also loved him, but in fact she was in love with Sooyeon’s father; they didn’t want to hurt his feeling. Myung-soo always thought Mr. Jung is a third party.

 

Before Myung-soo family moved to the current kingdom, he sent a note to Mrs. Jung and requested to meet her at the port before leaving. He wanted to ask Mrs. Jung for engagement and come back to wed latter so Mr. Jung would not pursuing Sooyeon’s mother anymore.

 

Of course Sooyeon’s mother didn’t come. Myung-soo waited and waited until the last minute and his parents forced him to get on the boat. He cried so much that day because it meant he would lose Sooyeon’s mother.

 

 Later on, Sooyeon’s mother sent a letter to excuse. She simply wrote “Sorry I couldn’t come because I overslept” to avoid explaining too much. Myung-soo really believed that Sooyeon’s mother couldn’t show up because she slept too much.

 

 Haft year after, Myung-soo heard that Sooyeon’s mother was getting married with Mr. Jung. Myung-soo really hated Mr. Jung for taking away his first love. Mr. Jung is Myung-soo ultimate riva even though they worked together in the Palace.

 

Myung-soo secretly taught Sooyeon to steal when he knew Mr. Jung was appointed as the Minister of Security.

 

But the more Sooyeon grew up the more she looked like her mother so Myung-soo treated her like his own daughter. Sometime he wondered if Sooyeon was his own child based on the date she was born and a night when he was drunk.

 

 Plus, she is also petite like me. Myung-soo thoughs.

 

“Master! MASTER!” Sooyeon called to wake Myung-soo up from his thoughts.

 

“Huh?”

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

“Have your mother been doing well?”

 

“She is healthy and happy as usually. Why you ask that question?”

 

“That’s good for her” She must miss me very much but tries to hide with a fake happy face in front of Sooyeon’s father. Poor her. Myung-soo felt sorry for Mrs. Jung.

 

“Anyways, I heard that China has sent an Ambassador to our country. Here is the inn address where he would stay for a couple of days. He probably came with lots of jewelry for the trip beside what he gifted to the King. You know that to do next right?”

 

“Neah” Sooyeon nodded.

 

“Kids of the village depend on you” Myung-soo said before flying out.

 

Sooyeon took a look of the inn address. “Ha! It’s too far from the courtesan house! Should I go to the inn or the courtesan house first? Hum…”

 

Sooyeon thought for a while and decided go at the courtesan house.

 

 

But when Sooyeon entered in the city, she faced with Yul who was patrolling seriously.

 

YUL?!?! Ottokke? What to do?  Sooyeon got nervous. She turned her back and moved up the ninja mask to cover her face more.

 

“HA! I finally found you! THIEF!! I’m going to catch you this time” Yuri announced.

 

If she hits me should I fight back? Aww Yullll!!! Sooyeon didn’t know what to do.

 

“Shorty thief, say your last word!!”  Yuri took the sword out like a pro. But it got dropped loudly the floor because it was a bit heavy and Yuri was not used to hold it. She clumsily picked the sword up and stood back in her position.

 

Sooyeon didn’t want to talk in case Yul would recognize her voice. I better use the rooftop to escape. Sooyeon thought

 

Yuri wanted to show up the sword skill that she just learned at the training house. She tried a cool move by spinning the sword around her head. It flew off her hand and dropped loudly somewhere. “YAY!” Yuri scared herself.  

 

 

==============

a/n : Myung-soo is actually Park Myung-Soo the one who composed the Naeng Myeon song for Jessica . ekekekeke