Chapter 31

Goguma hunter

{3000 feet outside of the village, around midnight}

 

After days and nights searching for Sooyeon without result, Donghae ordered his troops to set up a temporary camp to rest.

 

 

At night, everybody is in their respective tent. Only two soldiers are obliged to remain outside to keep the security. Although they have a duty, they are drowsing because of tiredness. Their head nods slowly from time to time, one of them even snore.  

 

 

From her tent, Soojung couldn’t sleep. She steps outside to take some fresh air. She looks at the clear sky and notices the big full moon. She wonders where on the earth her sister has gone to. She is worried that Sooyeon may have been kidnapped. She becomes more depressed as she continues to think.

 

 

Soojung doesn’t know that Yiyun has been watching her from a distance since the moment Soojung has stepped out of the tent. Soojung was too absorbed in her thinking that she couldn’t notice Yiyun.  

 

 

At their standing distance, Yiyun is captured by Soojung’s profile. Soojung’s facial line is enchanted by the moon light. The shadow of her silhouette, the outline of her nose, her lips and the way Soojung look up in the sky to hold her tear, all of them combined become a fragile image that Yiyun wants to protect.  

 

 

Yiyun approaches and takes off her gown to pass on Soojung’s shoulder.  She still doesn’t have the gut to protect Soojung with her own arms.

 

Soojung turns around with a little surprise by Yiyun appearance. She appreciates Yiyun’s gesture but it’s not enough to fade her worries. She says “thank you” to Yiyun and pulls the gown closer to her chest. She looks down with sadness.

 

 

Yiyun feels upset because of the pitiful expression. She notices the corner of Soojung eyes is sparkling because of the wet. The tear is rolling down along the plump cheek which Yiyun has wanted to kiss since the first day they have met. Every time Soojung smiles, the cheeks are fatten up by the curved lips. They are like calling Yiyun for a kiss.  

 

 

Despites she has restrained herself to not get close with Soojung, Yiyun slides down her hand from Soojung’s shoulder to hold on the upper arm.

 

 

“Don’t worry; we will find your sister very soon”. Yiyun consoles Soojung. Yiyun doesn’t want to make any further comment about Sooyeon disappearance in case it gets the situation into worse.

 

 

Soojung feels bitter. In her head, she is speculating many scenarios of how Sooyeon got kidnapped and maltreated.  Tears continue to roll out of Soojung eyes. She doesn’t mean to cry. But because she has been keeping inside for so long that she bursts out when someone touches her.

 

 

Yiyun swallows her sorrow feeling. She cups Soojungs’s visage with her palm and wipes the tear off with her thumb. She feels confused. She knows Soojung may feel attached to her after that action but she couldn’t stand to let Soojung cry.  

 

 

Soojung looks up. Their eyes meet with each other. They both feel attracted toward each other.

 

Soojung feels for Yiyun caring gesture. She wonders if Yiyun knows that she loves her.

 

 

Without saying anything, Soojung takes the courage to rest on Yiyun’s shoulder after Yiyun pats on her head.

 

 

Soojung wonders if there is a mutual interest or if Yiyun has been looking at her like a sister. She still doubts about Yiyun and Songqian relationship.  She is fear to engage in a triangle love.

 

 

 {Jaesuk’s house, around 9 am}

 

 

Sooyeon is sleeping. She is holding the blanket in her fist. She pulls it up to her neck because she thinks is Yul’s hand. She adjusts her head and holds tighter onto the blanket. The feeling is too soft and it’s not warm at all. It’s not like Yul’s hand. With her eyes still closed, Sooyeon is trying to find Yul’s fingers to confirm what she is holding.  Strange to her there is none. She frowns.

 

 

Outside of the room, Yul is practicing martial art with Taeyeon in the yard. The noise wakes up Sooyeon. She opens eyes and realizes that she is holding a blanket. She pulls her body to sit up. She rubs eyes to be more awakened. She realized that only she is left in the room. Despites she wants to sleep a bit more, she feels uncomfortable to not have Yul’s next to her at this stranger’s house.

 

 

Sooyeon can now hear more clearly the noise from outside. She hears Taeyeon’s loudly voice screaming “HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYA HA! HYAA!  HAAY!  HA!  HYA!”

 

 

Something gets thrown in the air

 

 

Then Yul yells “KYA!”, following by multiple sophisticated chopping sounds.

 

 

*BLASH**BLASH**BLASH**BLASH*.

 

 

Sooeyon pictures something gets cut into multiple pieces in the air

 

 

Then she hears the noise of a flying object *FLEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*

 

 

*BAM* Sooyeon get startled by a haft watermelon which just broke through the door and splashed  on the floor next to where she is sitting.

 

 

Sooyeon is completely awake because of the near miss incident.

 

 

“KWENCHANA?! SOOYEON AH” Yul shows up at the door with a stunned face.

 

 

Of course Sooyeon is okay, but she pretends to be scared. She bends down her lips and pouts her lower lip, as if she wants to cry. She reaches out her arms to call Yul.

 

 

“KWENCHANA! KWENCHANA!” Yul assures Sooyeon. She rushes into the room and kneels down to let Sooyeon circles her neck.  She wraps around Sooyeon’s waist with one arm to comfort.

 

 

Such a hansome image with a sword in one hand. Sooyeon thinks.  So heroic!

 

 

“I’m so scared~” Sooyeon says with her pretentious tone.  “It almost hit me~” She whines, trying to make Yul worries more.

 

 

“Kwenchana! Kwenchana!”  Yul says and pats on Sooyeon’s back. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I’ll be more careful next time”

 

 

Outside of the room, Taeyeon tastes one of the watermelon slices that Yul just cut. She makes a big bite and chews the refreshing fruit. “Uuhmmm” She controls the water with her closed lips. “ Nom nom nom. So much water, it’s so tasty. Miammm.” She bites a big one again in her savored mouth before moving her eyes in the room.

 

 

Tae sees Yul is cheeking hastily around Sooyeon body to see if there is any injury. Sooyeon is making puppy eyes and leans in to hug Yul. Yul holds Sooyeon’s head in her chest.

 

 

Taeyeon flicks tongue “Tkksss, do they have to be that cheesy? Haizzz young couple these days”She says as if she is very old. “They really don’t know the rule of love. You shouldn’t overdose the sweet gesture when you just start with someone, or they will get used to it and get bored very fast! They need to do the pull and push. Tksss” Tae is explaining the way how she treats Miyoung as an example. In fact Tae cares a lot about Miyoung but she doesn’t have much idea of how to be romantic. She is afraid to give out too much at the beginning and has short of ideas as their relationship goes on, and so Miyoung will lose interest.

 

 

“YA!! YUL YURI! If you are finishing cuddling your wife, come out here! The practice is not done yet!” Tae screams and doesn’t hesitate to devour the rest of the watering watermelon slice.

 

 

Yul turns head around to answer “NEAH!” Then she talks with Sooyeon “Sooyeon ah, Tae master is calling me. I have to continue the practice.”

 

 

“I’m still scared” Sooyeon says

 

 

“YUL YURI!”

 

 

“NEAH!”

 

 

“Come with me” Yul says and holds Sooyeon hand to go out of the room. She leaves Sooyeon standing aside and goes up to Tae.

 

 

Sooyeon sees there are two tables on the side with fruits gotten cut all over the place, some have fallen on the ground. There are orange, apple, watermelon, coconut, strawberry, banana and even grapes. Sooyeon guesses that Tae must have thrown the fruits and asked Yul to cut the fruits in the air so they can fall prettily on the table.  

 

 

Tae leaves Yul standing still. She walks back and forth in front of Yul with hand claps at the back and a serious face.

 

 

Yul eyes are following Taeyeon walk from left to right, waiting patiently for the new order

 

 

Sooyeon thinks in her head. What the heck are they doing? What weird master-disciple couple!

 

 

Tae finally speaks. “Your skill is still poor. How could you miss such a big watermelon? You need to practice-”

 

 

“I’ll practice more master!” Yul is motivated

 

 

“Don’t interrupt me”

 

 

“Neah!”

 

 

"Tomorrow, I’ll add more fruits. This time the fruits have to fall prettily on the table, as if someone has set them in order. Understand?”

 

 

“Why to cut fruits. Such a waist” Sooyeon muttered. “She just needs somebody to practice with her.” Aka me

 

 

Taeyeon glances at Sooyeon. Jealous much little wifey?

 

 

“Yul is surely good at shooting arrows even with blindfolded eyes but that is an attack move. She needs to practice her defensive move. This is the best way to speed up her skill. One to one practice will take longer” Tae answers Sooyeon. Plus Miyoung like to eat fruits in the morning since I’m not sure which one is her favorite; we need to cut everything so she would have plenty of choice. kekekeke. One stone, two birds, simple is that. Muahaha Tae thinks in her head and is happy with her decision.

 

 

“AIGOOOOO. My  fruits!!!” Jaesuk arrives on the scene. He feels heartaches. “I have spent so much time growing those fruits.KIM TAE YEON!”

 

 

“HEHEH” Tae shows a big smile tooth and run away. “SEE YA!”

 

 

“KIM TAE YEON!” Jaesuk screams. He is fanning nonstop to cold down.

 

 

 

============================

 

A/N : Hi readers, sorry for my disappearance. I had got some difficult time in my personal life. I needed time to think and reflect about thing I had to go through and it was not psychologically easy. I'm thankful to see your encouraging messages in my inbox while I logged back in this site. Even though I couldnt see how you look like, I still feel the love. 
 
Thank you again my dearest readers/friends. 
 
 
As a bonus  YULSIC pIX SPAM : This is how wifey calls her Seobang
SO Soo was beside, Seo was not too far, Hyoyeon was comming down with Yul, BUT ALLL she wanted was YULLLL !! SICA could you call Hyoyeon instead Hyo made eyes contact with you!! ^0^