Chapter 1

Goguma hunter

{Time line : 510 Baekje Dynasty }

{Location : DaeDeok temple located somewhere in the mountain}

 

“You must be careful on the road.” The nun says

 

Yuri nods “Neh. Don’t worry I know martial art. I can protect myself” She proudly hits her chest.

 

“Your martial level…” The noun sighs. She looks aside and shakes head. “I don’t know if I should let you go” She mumbles

 

“Nun-nim, the country needs my help! Thieves in this world must all be caught and punished. I need to serve for my country. I’m willing to contribute my skill and talent.” Yuri expresses seriously with determination in her voice.

 

The nun turns the back to Yuri and breaths desperately. She has only fought with chickens and ducks. How will she be able to face the real thief? The nun worries. She turns around and says “Yuri ah! Let’s postpone for a couple more months. I really don’t want you to leave.”

 

“Nun-nim, I know you love me very much. But I've decided to go. I’ve been training my martial for so many years already. It's time to put into practice”

 

Yeah yeah with chasing animals in the forest.  The nun thinks in her head.

 

“It’s time for me to go, to stop them do whatever they like. I must find that thief who stole at our house and made me separated with my parents.”

 

The nun remembers 18 years ago, in a stormy rainy night, someone knocked at the temple and left a baby in front of the door with a note “Our house got burgled, please take care of our baby. We will come back to take her”. However, the parents of the baby have never come back. The nuns kept the baby in the temple and raised her as their own child. In the baby bag, there was a handkerchief embroidered YURI name on it so the nun knew how the baby was called.

 

As she grew up, Yuri hated thieves when she learned why she was abandoned. She is determined to catch all the thieves in the world; hopefully she would be able to find her parents back. She learned martial through the books. She practiced all by herself because the nuns in the temple do not know any martial art.

 

Yuri chased animals in the forest to train her running speed. She also practiced arch by attaching fruits on the duck, chicken or goose heads as the target, making them run chaotically in the yard and throwing arrows after the animals. Monkeys and birds who were watching also screamed out loud for their buddies lives.

 

It could be very noisy especially when Yuri blindfolded her eyes during the practice. She scared the animal to death; they quacked, ran and flied like crazy in the yard. When Yuri finished her practice, the yard looked like a battle field with chicken, duck and goose plumes covering all on the ground.

 

Whenever Yuri practiced her martial skill, the nuns had to pray inside of the temple for the sake of the animals. The nun then proposed Yuri to use the painted ball instead of the arch to make it less dangerous. Paint balls are powder balls enveloped by a tissue, when it hit the target it left a white mark.

 

Yuri lives in the mountain for most of the time. Once per month, she has to go down in the village to refill the foods provision of the temple. One day, she heard people in the village talked about a famous thief that nobody was able to catch. She came back to the temple and asked the nun to let her go hunting.  

 

At the beginning the nun refused but she ended up agreeing. The nun thinks it could be a good chance for Yuri to find her relative since it has been 18 years that the parents have not come back.

 

“Do not listen to everybody words. People tend to be selfish and act for their own sake. Not everyone would be kind toward you like we are at the temple” The nun remains Yuri.

 

“NEH!” Yuri says. She puts the clothing bag across her body and bows toward the nun. “I’ll miss you” Yuri hugs the nun for the last time.

 

*QUACK* Yuri’s duck make the noise.

 

“You really want to take him with you?” The nun askes.

 

*Quack quack* The duck looks at Yuri

 

“It’s a pity to let him alone. He has followed me for too long'' Yuri says

 

Other ducks, gooses and chickens gather in the yard. Ducks quack, chickens cluck, gooses honk to say goodbye to their friend.

 

Yuri takes her duck under her arm and turns to the nun. “I’m going”

 

“Be careful” the nun says.

 

Other nuns also come to say goodbye with Yuri. They add more foods and clothes for Yuri.

 

“Take this additional coat with you. We will not be around to pull the cover for you anymore” One of the nuns says.

 

Yuri is so touched. She doesn’t want to be separated with the nuns but she has to go. She has to cut the separation scene as quick as possible or she would not be able to go.  She turns around and runs as fast as she could, covering with the arm because she is crying.

 

The sky starts pouring rain and thunders are very loud as if it's not a very good idea to let Yuri go

 

The nuns stand until Yuri disappeared from their view. They are praying for Yuri sake, hoping that she would not create any trouble.

 

 

 

{Baekje City, around 1 a.m. at Somebody’s house.}

 

Sooyeon sneaks out of the room through the chink of the door. She rolls eyes left and right to see if any servant is patrolling.

 

Nobody!

 

It’s her chance. Sooyeon carefully steps out of the room and close the door gently. She jumps up, kicks on the wall, spins around and leaps on the rooftop safely without any noise. She checks around the house to make sure the road is clear before making the next move.

 

*Quack*

 

“Shut!”

 

Huh? Another thief?  - Sooyeon notices somebody behind the wall near the backdoor.

 

It’s Yuri who tries to climb in the house in a bungling manner because she has yet learned how to jump.  

 

Sooyeon takes out her ninja arrow. She throws without hesitation.

 

The arrow plunges in a speedy of light. It pins right on the left of Yuri’s hand.

 

YAY! - Startled, Yuri falls on the . *bump*

 

Ouch! Omma! Yuri rubs her back. An assassin!?!

 

*Quack* the duck flies up slightly to avoid Yuri falling on him

 

“Shut!” Yuri immediately clips the duck beak together.

 

Sooyeon mocks in her head. Unskilled thief? HA! Masterpiece your skill before going out.

 

Suddenly the house is lightening up room after room because Yuri made a big noise when she fell.

 

Sooyeon rapidly jumps to another rooftop.  

 

“THIEFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FROM THE ROOFTOP!!!!!!!!!!!” Yuri yells.

 

*Quack quack quackkkkkkkkkk*

 

YA SHUT UP!!! Sooyeon throws multiple ninja arrows consecutively.

 

Yuri curves her body to loop them.   

 

The servants of the house come out and yell as they see a balck silhouette jumping on the rooftop. They are running all over the yard. Some of them pull out the bronze disk to hit, making more noise in order to alert the whole town.

 

Yuri is chasing after Sooyeon on the ground.

 

The duck is pedalling his legs to follow his master. *Quack*

 

Sooyeon is flying too fast of the top.

 

Afraid of losing track, Yuri pulls out the painted ball from her side bag. She targets and hits the ball on Sooyeon’s foot.

 

*bump*The ball hits Sooyeon’s ankle and leaves a white mark. Sooyeon unbalanced, the jewelry bag falls out of her cloth.

 

Sooyeon looks back to observe the situation, calculating if she has enough time to pick up the jewelry.

 

 Aissshhh!! The servants are running after. Grrss. - Hitted, hurted, and angry, Sooyeon looks at Yuri and throws a couple of ninja arrows.

 

Yuri tries to loop. She lifts feet, arches back, learns toward, spins around but still got hit. One arrow pins between the big toes and the second. Another arrow cuts slightly on her bicep.  

 

“Ahhhh!! It hurts” Yuri yells. She blows air on her arm. *Phew**Phew**Phew**Phew**Phew*

 

The duck dreads out. He flaps the wings, flies on the wall quacking loudly before landing near of Yuri.  

 

When Yuri looks up, the thief already disappeared from the sky.

 

The servants finally catch up. They misunderstand Yuri as a thief. They size Yuri and bring her back to the house. They also catch the duck.

 

*Quack quack*

 

 “Shut up or I’m going transform you into meat ball”

 

“YA! Don’t you dare to touch him” Yuri warns

 

“Why is it so noisy? Disturbing my sleep” Yuri hears a voice from up stair. She looks up and sees a couple of beautiful girls standing in their sleeping dress. A shorten girl squeezes in the middle. The other girls respectfully yield the space for the little one.

 

“Boss, we found her around our house. The jewelleries are missing” The servant says.

 

 “YA! I’m not the thief. The real one already ran off” Yuri protests.

 

The little girl looks at Yuri from head to toes. Dirty cloth, unwashed face, almost ripped sandal. She doesn’t look like a thief. “Who are you?”

 

“Yuri”

 

“Yuri what?”

 

“Yuri. Yuri the thief hunter”

 

“Yuri the thief hunter? Never heard of your name”

 

“Of course you don’t know me. I’m from the mountain”

 

The little girl finds it funny. She is too franc, letting everybody know where she lives. She shouldn’t be a thief. “What were you doing around our house?”

 

“I didn’t intend to penetrate in your house. I tried to climb on the rooftop”

 

“If you are not a thief, why do you want to climb on people house?”

 

“The rooftop is the best place to observe the whole city. Your house is the highest one in the whole town”

 

“Why do I have to believe you?”

 

“If I was the thief, I wouldn’t let your servant caught me. The real one got hit by my ball. If he is still in the town, I would be able to find him. Give me some time, I’ll bring your jewelleries back as a proof that I’m not stealing”

 

“Unnie don’t listen to her. She is tricking you” One of the girls says.

 

“She is trying to make you let her go” Another girl adds in.

 

The little girl thinks for a while. She sees Yuri fighting with the servants to take the duck back. “Until you bring the jewelleries back, you have to stay here. I’ll give you three months to find the real thief. If you fail, we will make potage soup with your duck”

 

*QUACK*

 

“YA! You cannot treat him like that! He is my assistant”

 

“Give her a room near the kitchen. Don’t let her use the main door. She would scare our customers. Everybody go back to your room. The courtesan house will open early tomorrow” The little girl orders.

 

“NEH! Sunkyu Unnie” All the girls respond in sync.

 

======================================================

A/N : hehe it`s the first chapter. A little bit crazzy but hope you like it.

So words in Italic are the personage’s thoughts, brackets are location and time, asterisks are for sound and noise 

OMO so many subscribers already !! YAY!! please subs subs and comments XD Thanks for your supports!!!