Chapter 28

Goguma hunter

 

Yuri? Mama? If her name is Yuri then she is…the child of the previous Crown Prince Kwon? It’s impossible. His child supposed to be a boy.  Wonhee thought. Does it mean that handkerchief is the map to find goguma? She looked at the handkerchief in Jaesuk’s hand, trying to examine if there were drawings on it.

 

 

Yuri got confused because Jaesuk bowed and cried.

 

 

“Mama~” Jaesuk called with happiness. “Thanks God that you are still alive”

 

 

“Alive?” Yuri didn’t quite understand what Jaesuk meant.

 

 

“Neah, I have been looking for you for the past 18 years after the Royal tragedy” Jaesuk said.

 

 

“Tragedy? Ahjussi …do you know who I am?”

 

 

Jaesuk nodded and swallowed his tears. “Neah~”

 

 

“Who are you? Ahjussi” Yuri got a feeling that the stranger man may be able to know her past. She had learned since childhood that she was an abandoned child, but she had always wished to learn about her parents.  “By any chance…do you know…my parents?” She asked.

 

 

“Yes, I know them very very well”

 

 

Yuri got emotional. Waters filled up in her eyes. “Do you, Do you know where they are?” She asked with her emotional voice and moved up toward Jaesuk, forgotten that Sooyeon was still in her arms.

 

 

“Ah heuh~” Sooyeon frowned eyes.

 

 

Yuri touched Sooyeon’s jaw. “Sooyeon ah, Are you okay?” She applied her cheek on Sooyeon’s forehead. “Mianhae”

 

 

“What happened to her?” Jaesuk asked.

 

 

“She got hurt when we fell down from the cliff. The rock cut very deeply at her back shoulder” Yuri explained. “She was about to recover but because of the earlier fight, I think her wound got opened again”

 

 

Jaesuk felt culpable “Ah! I have this medical powder. It will help to heal her wound very quickly” Jaesuk said. He pulled an envelope of out his belly and handed it to Yuri with two hands. “Even though it hurt a lot, it’s the best medical to hold her blood, reduce the infection and make her skin regenerates. Please apply it to her.”

 

 

Yuri took it. She lifted Sooyeon in the bridal style and went back to their initial fire spot for some privacy. Sooyeon was so small that she fit in Yuri’s arms perfectly, her face copped right in Yuri’s neck.

 

 

After Yuri and Sooyeon went away, Jaesuk put the handkerchief in his belly.

 

 

“Now that you have found her, release me!” Wonhee said.

 

 

Jaesuk smirked. He stared at Wonhee with his small eyes. “You! You have done too many wrong things. You deserve to be locked forever!”

 

 

“You have been torturing me for 18 years already! It was because of you that my face got burned and my beauty is gone! It was because of you that I have to wear this freaking heavy mask to hide my face!”

 

 

“HUH! It was your entire fault. You set the fire at Crown Prince Kwon’s chamber! I saw you! You tried to run away but a pole fell down. It hit on your face! Who ordered you to set the fire?!”

 

 

“NO ONE! YOU STUPID MONKEY! I WAS CURIOUS ABOUT THE GOGUMA!”

 


“You really a stubborn! WHERE did you hide Yuri Mama’s parents?”

 

 

18 years ago, when Wonhee chased after the Crown Prince Kwon and his wife, she lost track of them and got caught my Jaesuk. Of course Wonhee had no idea where Yuri’s parents went.  On the other hand, Jaesuk believed Wonhee hid them.

 

 

At this moment, Yuri walked in with Sooyeon who felt a bit better than before even though the hurt was not yet completely gone. She could at least stand and walk.

 

 

Yuri was able to hear Jaesuk last question “My parents?” She let go off Sooyeon and moved toward Wonhee. Hearing about her parents, Yuri didn’t care about anything else neither to continue with Jaesuk about her identity, or questioning why Jaesuk talked about her parents with the ahjumma.

 

 

Jaesuk stopped Yuri to move too close “Be careful Mama”

 

 

On another hand, Sooyeon wonder if Jaesuk and Wonhee knew each other.

 

 

“Ahjumma, do you know where my parents are?  Please I beg you!” Yuri immediately put on her knees.

 

 

“Yul” Sooyeon called.  She moved up to Yuri. She felt for Yuri for not being able to see her parents.

 

 

“Mama!” Jaesuk also kneeled down “Please stand up. You don’t have to do this toward her”

 

 

“Please Ahjumma. I beg you” She looked at Woohee with a pity face, expecting to hear a little bit about her parents.

 

 

“Mama!” Jaesuk called

 

 

Even though I don’t know where they are, this is my only chance to get out of here. Plus, Jaesuk seems listening to her, I should trick her to order Jaesuk releasing me. Hum…But it would be complicated to continue with my previous lie about Jaesuk being my coward husband. He would argue and I would have to fight with him to gain her trust. It’s going to take longer for me to out of here. Wonhee thought. I should make it simple. I just have to focus about her parents.  She smirked inside, satisfied with her idea.

 

 

“I cannot tell you where exactly. The route to get there is very vague in my memory.” Wonhee said.

 

 

If she knows where they are, why didn’t she tell me 18 years ago instead of being tied up in here? Jaesuk suspected Wonhee paroles.

 

 

“If you walk outside would you be able to find that place?” Yuri asked.

 

 

“Maybe. I’m not sure”

 

 

Yuri immediately stood up and went to pull the chain with all her force.

 

 

“Don’t believe her Mama. Maybe she is lying.” Jaesuk said.

 

 

“Remember, I’m the only one who saw them for the last time” Wonhee stated.  

 

 

Jaesuk frowned “Therefore no one else could warranty what you are saying is the truth”

 

 

“Neither no one could prove what I’m saying is a lie”

 

 

Yuri fell off because she used too much strength and got lose.

 

 

“Mama!” Jaesuk helped Yuri to get up

 

 

“Yuri, are you okay?” Sooyeon asked.

 

 

Yuri nodded. She wanted to try again.

 

 

“Don’t waste your energy. I have tried to unlock it for years already” Wonhee said on purpose.

 

 

“Ahjussi, can you help me to remove the chains?”

 

 

Jaesuk sighed.

 

 

“I don’t think he wants to let me go” Wonhee said.

 

 

 “Ahjussi? Please” Yuri begged. “Even if there is a small chance, I want to find my parents”

 

 

“Mama” Jaesuk hesitated to release Wonhee. He wondered if she had something up. But he could not be obedient toward Yuri. He went deep in the cave to unlock the chains. He passed one of the chains around Wonhee’s body.

 

 

Hum…Yoo Jaesuk! Do you think you can tie me forever? I would find a way to escape once I get outside. Wonhee thought.

 

 

“Ahjussi can you free her of the chains? She has been tied up for so long already” Yuri asked innocently. She had no idea how bad and dangerous Wonhee was.  Plus, she really thought Wonhee as a poor woman who was locked by her bad husband.

 

 

“Mama, she is dangerous. Just in case she would run away. I need to do this”

 

 

“Still she looks pity with the chain”

 

 

Jaesuk sighed. I should block her energy first. Jaesuk got the idea. He stood in front of Wonhee, closing his eyes to concentrate his energy in his palm. He placed the palm over Wonhee’s forehead to bock the transmission in Wonhee nervous system so she wouldn’t be able to use her energy, but only walking.

 

 

This ahjussi martial skill must be at same level of master Myungsoo. Sooyeon thought by observing what Jaesuk did.

 

 

“Ahjumma, please lead me to find my parents” Yuri asked Wonhee.

 

 

“I’ll try though”

 

 

Yuri felt impatient because she finally had a chance to see her parents.  She wanted to help the ahjumma to walk outside quickly. As she walked up, she immediately remembered about someone else. “Sooyeon!”

 

 

Yuri turned around and saw Sooyeon who had the  you-almost-forget-me look.

 

 

“Mian!” Yuri smiled. She went back to Sooyeon. She put an arm over Sooyeon shoulder and held Sooyeon’s forearm with the other hand. They walked together behind Wonhee and Jaesuk who was monitoring Wonhee very closely. 

 

 

When they got outside of the cave, Wonhee felt hurt in the eyes because it has been so long that she couldn’t see the sun.

 

 

Jaesuk offered Yuri to use his horse.

 

 

Yuri lifted Sooyeon up and put on the horse instead.

 

 

“You are not coming up Yul?” Sooyeon asked because Yuri went to walk the horse.

 

 

“Mama, please get on”

 

 

“I’m afraid that the horse would be tired if we have to walk for long”

 

 

“Please, don’t worry about it. My horse is raised with my healthy nutritious program. It’s 10 times stronger than ordinary horse. Please get up, don’t waste your Royal energy”

 

 

Yuri didn’t hate the idea to use same horse with Sooyeon. After hearing Jaesuk explanation, Yuri agreed to get on the horse.

 

 

Sooyeon felt happy to have Yuri at her back. She never got tired of Yuri’s backhug. Hihi.

 

 

Yuri also smiled to Sooyeon.

 

 

Wonhee didn’t run away when the others were talking, because her energy was blocked. If she ran, Jaesuk would catch her back easily. 

 

 

“Can we just go now?” Wonhee asked, annoyed with the two lover birds. She hated seeing people being sweet together.

 

 

“Let’s go!” Yuri said. She hit the horse slightly to make it move.

 

 

Wonhee lead the group going up. While walking, she observed around and calculating her best way to escape. She walked very slowly in order to unblock her energy secretly.

 

 

From the sea side, they walked toward the forest. After 8 hours on the route, the night fell.

 

 

“Do you really remember the route?” Jaesuk asked.

 

 

“I’m a bit confused because has been 18 years” Wonhee replied

 

 

“Nothing has changed since 18 years, the forest, the river, are still the same” Jaesuk said.

 

 

“Maybe because I’m getting old, let’s take a break. I’m tired” Wonhee said.

 

 

“Yes, let’s have a break. Sooyeon needs to eat something” Yuri agreed with Wonhee idea.

 

 

Wonhee leaded ahead to a random place to rest.

 

 

Jaesuk felt something was wrong by observing the way Wonhee walked. Her footsteps seem lighter. Did she unblock her energy? How could she?

 

 

Jaesuk immediately moved up and caught Wonhee’s shoulder, afraid that she would escape

 

 

Wonhee turned around and drew hand on Jaesuk’s belt to steal the handkerchief.

 

 

Jaesuk quickly caught the other end of the handkerchief.

 

 

Wonhee hit a palm on Jaesuk’s chest. He got pushed far away. The handkerchief got ripped off by a haft.

 

 

Since she knew her energy was still not compley recover to fight with Jaesuk, Wonhee took advantage to hit Yul and Sooyeon off the horse and ran away.

 

 

Yuri used her body to protect Sooyeon when they fell off. Her back hit hard on the ground. Sooyeon was on top of Yuri.

 

 

“Mama! Are you okay?” Jaesuk worried.

 

 

“Neah~but my butts hurt. Aigoo” Yuri stated. “Are you okay Sooyeon?”

 

 

“Neah”

 

 

When Jaesuk looked up, Wonhee already faded away. “It’s my mistake. I should have been more aware about her” Jaesuk apologized to Yuri. Now he somehow guessed that Wonhee had improved her energy when she was locked in the cave. If not she wouldn’t be able to unlock what I did to her.

 

 

“Mama since we lost her. Let’s move to my house. I have a lot to talk with you” Jaesuk said.

 

 

Should we trust him as well? Sooyeon wondered. But if he is a bad person, he would not give the medical to treat my wound.

 

 

Yuri sighed “I thought I could finally find my parents. Why did she lie to me?” Yuri stood up and helped Sooyeon.

 

 

“She is the last person you should believe in this earth” Jaesuk said.

 

 

“You seem to know her very well.” Sooyeon joined in. She wanted to know more about Jaesuk and Wonhee relationship but she got cut by Yuri.

 

 

“Ahjussi! Earlier in the cave, you said you know my parents very well. Can you tell me about them?”

 

 

Jaesuk took a wide respiration and looked up in the sky, remembering about the tragedy of 18 years ago.

 

 

“Your mother was the daughter of the Royal Doctor, my teacher. Even though she was a female, she surpassed everybody in the class, and had cured many illnesses that everybody thought incurable.  Your father was the Prince Kwon, the most respectful person in the Palace. He was bright in decisions and was good literature. His talent made people jealous, especially Prince Lee who was the biological birth child of the ex-King, when your father was only the nephew of the ex-King. Prince Lee was an average individual who tried hard to satisfy the ex-King expectations, but his ideas got rejected most of the time. At the time there was a rumour about your mother got pregnant of a boy and Prince Lee’s wife just gave birth for a girl. So the ex- King had made a secret testimonial to summon Prince Kwon as the heir of his throne, only my teacher and was present during the testimonial. Somehow Prince Lee managed to know about the ex-King decision.  Because of that, Prince Lee hate toward Prince Kwon grew even more. He tried every possible way to take Prince Kwon down. With time went by and because of over work, the ex-King got sick and your mother was in charge of his illness. She had got found the goguma medical to treat him. His health got a lot better with her treatment. But one day after Prince Lee visit, the ex-King’s health got worsen. Prince Lee accused your mother for murdering the ex-King in order to make her husband taking the throne. He said she overdosed the goguma medical to make the ex-King passed away, that the goguma was poisonous to be use. Since at that time, nobody had used the goguma medical before, they all believed in Prince Lee words. Your parents got forced to get out of the Palace. Your father strongly refused it. He wanted to prove his innocent. But on the day you got birth, Prince Kwon’s chamber went on fire. When I arrived at Prince Kwon chamber, I saw Wonhee got out of the chamber, she was chasing after your parents. Wonhee was the woman you saw earlier from the cave. I wanted to chase after Wonhee, but I saw somebody ran out with a baby. So I went after that person. But I lose track and went to find Wonhee but it was too late. After that tragedy the ex-King also past away, Prince Lee took over the throne and anybody who was close with Prince Kwon got executed, thanks God I was able to escape with my teacher. Prince Lee also had forbidden the goguma in medical use.” Jaesuk took a long deep. “Before he past away, my teacher had ordered me to prove that the goguma formula was not a poison as Prince Lee had stated.”

 

 

===================

 

a/n : sorry guys for the late update. It was a roller coaster week for me. anyways enjoy the chapter!