Chapter 4

Goguma hunter

In order to make the training easier, the newly recruited candidates by the Office House were divided into four groups, each group was under the guidance of a senior guard.

 

Groupe A

Assigned Senior Guard: Jo Kwon

Trainees: Yuri, Kim Hyoyeon, Kim Shinyoung, Han Sunhwa, Yoon Bora

 

Groupe B

Assigned Senior Guard: Boom

Trainees: Kim Hyunah, Park Gyuri, Jung Yongjoo (Nichole), Ham Eunjung, Park Jiyeon

 

Groupe C

Assigned Senior Guard: Heechul

Trainees: Lee Joon, Kwang Hee, Shindong, Kang Minhuyk, Lee Jungshin

 

Groupe D

Assigned Senior Guard: Choi Siwon

Trainees: Yang Yoseob, Lee Taemin, Yong Junhyung, Lee Ki Kwang, Lee Jinki (Onew)

 

Other senior guards: Leeteuk, Ok Teacyeon, Hwang Changsun, Jung Jinwoon

 

After the interview with the Minister Jung, the subordinate sent Yuri out to rejoin the other candidates who were waiting outside. He presented Yuri to Jo Kwon’s group

 

“Now follow him, he will install you and the rest selected candidates at the dorm.” The subordinate told Yuri.

 

Jo Kwon scanned Yuri from head to toes with one eyebrow arched up.

 

“Hey 300! So you got selected?” Hyo was happy to meet again with the new friend. She couldn’t remember Yuri’s name but only remembered that Yuri was number 300 during the selection test.

 

Yuri excitingly waved back to Hyo. “Annyeong~”

 

“You better take a good care of her. The Minister seems to like her a lot.” The subordinate secretly said to Jo Kwon. “And the Minister allowed her with the duck.” He closed up to Jo Kwon’s ear and ventilated with his unmoving mouth so nobody would hear.

 

Jo Kwon didn’t like it when someone is favored because he had been working hard in order to become the senior guard. He lifted up the right corner of his mouth. “Arasso” he replied to the subordinate with an unsatisfied tone.

 

The subordinate stared with his eyes and told Jo Kwon “Don’t mess around”. Then, he went back to continue the meeting with the Minister Jung.

 

The senior guards guided the groups to the training house where each group would sleep in the same room.

 

“You guys will stay in this room. It’s your permanent dorm.” Jo Kwon pushed to open the doors of one of the room.

 

Hyo, Yuri and the three other girls curiously stepped in.

 

“WOAAAA this is really daebak!!!!” Bora said.

 

“I’m tearing up. My home could never be this warm. I can finally sleep without feeling cold during the night.” Sunhwa said.

 

“The sleeping kits so pretty! They are net and warm!” Bora checked the blanket and pillow kits in the armoire.

 

“WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT THIS? IT’S ONLY A ROOM WITH FOUR WALLS AND WE ARE GOING TO SLEEP ON THE FLOOR ANYWAY.” Shinyoung spoked. Her voice was so loud that the girl had to cover the ears. “SUNBAE-NIM, HOW MANY MEALS DO WE HAVE PER DAY?” Shinyoung turned to ask Jo Kwon. She always had a bright smile when it came to foods.

 

Jo Kwon glared at Shinyoung with the corner of his eyes without replying. Shinyoung agitated Jo Kwon to implore. She tried to convince him to give more meal per day while the other girls were discussing about their place to sleep.

 

“So we need to settle the orders of our spot, how are we going to sleep, who will sleep inside and who has to sleep near the doors” Hyo said.

 

“We can do a rotation so each one person doesn’t have to sleep near the door all the time” Bora said.

 

“I like your idea” Hyo replied and tapped on Bora’s shoulder.

 

“I don’t want to be near of the door, it’s cool. And I’ve been sleeping in an unwarming house since I was born already.” Sunhwa said.

 

“I don’t mind to be near of the door” Yuri said. She chose to sleep next to the door because it would be easier for her to hope out secretly during the night. She still had to find the thief from the last night as promised or Sunkyu, the girl from courtesan house, would label her as a thief.

 

“Are you going to sleep with that duck?” Sunhwa asked

 

“The duck can stay outside.” Jo Kwon squeezed in.

 

“Anyo! He could catch cold. I’ll let him sleep at my foot” Yuri answered

 

*Tkss* Jo Kwon clicked tongue. “Whatever. Now you all listen to me carefully.”

 

All the five girls lined up in parallel.

 

Jo Kwon walked back and forth in front of them while introducing him. “My name is Jo Kwon; I’m one of the senior guards of the City Office. I’ll be in charge to train you. Even though you guys passed the selection test, it doesn’t mean you can become a guard automatically. You guys still lack of certain area”

 

He especially stopped and gazed at Yuri. I’m not going to offer any special treatment for you even if the Minister loves you! Then he continued to walk.

 

“Also there are certain City rules that you have to learn. My style is to make you learn on the field, so I will take you out to patrol start from tomorrow. That way you will encounter any kind of situation and issue of the city. You will be able to learn right a way the duty of being a guard, what you have to do and what you shouldn’t do. A part of your time, you will stay here to study the city rules and improving your martial arts skill. SO! The training will begin tomorrow morning. You will have to wake up immediately when the chicken cooed. If one of you is late, the whole group will receive punishment with no exception. Arasso?!” He turned around and glared at the girls.

 

“NEAAAAAH!!!” All the girls answered in sync.

 

“Alright, now I’ll announce the order of your sleeping places. It starts from inside and goes up to the door: Yuri Yuri, Yoon Bora, Han Sunhwa, Kim Hyoyeon and Kim Shinyoung. Any objection? No. See you tomorrow!”

 

“EXCUSE ME SENIOR GUARD-NIM” Shinyoung shouted.

 

“WAE?!” Jo Kwon turned back.

 

“I can change place? I’ll catch cold if I stay near of the doors. You know the winds would pass through the chink of the doors” Shinyoung said.

 

“No! No objection. No change. This in an order” Jo Kwon said and walked away. He knew Yuri wanted to be near of the door so he assigned the spots for the girls on purpose.

 

“AISSSSSSSSSSSHH JINJJA That white face guy! What is wrong with him? What is the big deal to change the place? AISSSHHH I need more meal too” Shinyoung mumbled.

 

“I can sleep near the door if you want.” Yuri put arm around Shinyoung.

 

“JJJJJJINJA? JJINJA?!! YOU AREN’T SCARED THAT HE WOULD KNOW?” Shinyoung asked.

 

“Well between us, if we don’t say it out nobody would know.”  Hyo commented.

 

“I’m fine with my spot so I don’t mind if you guys change or not” Sunhwa said.

 

Bora also nodded.

 

“AWWWWWWWW YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!! GOMOAYO!!”

 

 

{One fine day at the City Guard training house, very early in the morning}

 

“YURI YURI!” Sooyeon kicked the doors with her foot. It opened abruptly and hit to the walls. All the girls got awoken because of the loudly sound.

 

Yuri bounced up. She looked toward Sooyeon with her haft open eye because she wasn’t prepared to receive the morning light. “What…”

 

Yuri couldn’t finish her question.

 

“Come with me!” Sooyeon grabbed the collard and pulled Yuri out of the room.

 

“Ah wae wae wae?” Yuri asked

 

Sooyeon dragged Yuri to the forest. She stopped under a tree and said “My book is stuck up there, could you take it down for me?”

 

“Oh really?”

 

Sooyoen nodded.

 

Yuri climbed on the tree to find the book but the branch, with a bee nest under it, got broken when Yuri stepped on it. Yuri fell on the floor and got chased by the bees all around the forest.

 

Sooyeon laughed her off because Yuri got so scared.

 

“Hihih puahahaha kuakakaka hahahaaha”

 

“Young Miss, it’s the morning already” The servant tried to wake Sooyeon up.

 

“Hihihi hihihi” Sooyeon laughed in her sleep.

 

“Young Miss? Young Miss?” The servant shook Sooyeon lightly. “What is so funy? Young Miss, it’s time to wake up”

 

“Huh?” Sooyeon slowly opened her eyes. She saw the servant. She realised that Yuri got chased by the bees was just a dream that she had. She sit up and stretching out “AHhhhhhhh why the nights are so short? I feel like I didn’t sleep at all”

 

“Well you sleep quite early Young Miss.” The servant gave Sooyeon a wet towel to clean face. “Every day, after the diner you would go back to your room immediately. If it was not to sleep, what are you doing at night?”

 

Go stealing. What do you think?. “I’m not easy to sleep right away” Sooyeon replied

 

“Or you want to have more time to dream about a Charming Prince? Why did you laugh so loud in your dream?” Ther servant asked curiously

 

Sooyeon glanced at the servant.

 

“I’m sorry Mama, I’m too nosy” The servant bent head down and took a step back.

 

Sooyeon smiled. My icy glare still works. Hihi.  “Anyo! I need to study too. You know Dad gave me lots of book to read.” Sooyeon adjusted her cloth for the last time. “So don’t dare to come to my room after dinner. Got it?”

 

“Neah Mama” The servant bowed.

 

“I’m going to the Training House this morning. Don’t follow me ok?” Sooyeon told the servant and eagerly quit the room.

 

 

{City Guard training house, around 11 a.m.}

 

“Where are the new trainees?” Sooyeon asked one of the senior guards.

 

“They have training in the back yard, Mama” Leeteuk answered respectfully.

 

 “Bring me there.”

 

“Yeah Mama, this way” Leeteuk let Sooyeon walking first.

 

At the back yard, the new trainees were practicing martial art two by two with the weapons. Yuri was grouped with Hyo.

 

Sooyeon spotted Yuri in the crowd. “I need to borrow Yuri for a sec. Is there any problem?”

 

“Eum…she is not allowed to go out during the training hour. What do you need her for?”

 

“I need her to me during my walk this morning around the city.”

 

“It would be a little bit dangerous for you since she is not fully trained yet. We could arrange another guard for you.”

 

 “My dad seems to be very impressed with her skill. Don’t you believe in my Dad’s eyes?”

 

“Anyo! Anyo! Mama, I didn’t mean that. I’ll call Yuri up for you.”

 

“Okay, I’m waiting outside”

 

“YUUUUUUUUUUUUUURIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!! COME UP HERE!!!!!!” Leeteuk yelled his lung off.

 

After a few minutes, Yuri joined Sooyeon at the gate of the training house.

 

“Anyeong hasemika. You wanted to see me?” Yuri greeted.

 

“Follow me” Sooyeon told Yuri and immediately heading up to the forest as she had planned in her dream. Kekekeke.

 

Yuri walked up. “Where? Why? Where are we going?”

 

“You don’t need to ask much. You will know when we got there.” Sooyeon said without looking at Yuri. She clasped hands at the back.

 

Yuri innocently followed. She also copied Sooyeon and clasped hands at the back because she found it cute.

 

Both of them walked to the forest. Sooyeon observed every tree carefully in order to find one with a bee nest.

 

This one! Sooyeon found it. She stopped walking suddenly and turned around “Yuri ah.” *Ouch* She bumped into Yuri who was walking closely behind.

 

Yuri caught Sooyeon back by the arm. “Kwenchanna?”

 

“Aiiii! Why did you follow me too closely?” Sooyeon rubbed her forehead. “Anyway, my book got stuck up there, could you help me to take it back?”

 

Yuri looked up. “Did you climb up there to read or what? How come it got stuck up there?”

 

“I was reading and I bird passed by. It stole the book from my hand”

 

“Really? So you chased the bird up to here? You are quite fast. You must teach me how to run that fast. Do you know martial art?”

 

“Of course I don’t know martial art. If I know, I wouldn’t need your help. Why do you ask so many questions? Just climb on the tree already.” Sooyeon rushed Yuri up on the tree.

 

“Okay okay, why don’t you buy a new one instead?” Yuri mumbled while climbing up.

 

Sooyeon impatiently waited on the ground. She was giggling inside when Yuri got near to the bee nest. She couldn’t wait to see Yuri falling down and got chased by the bees. The branch is so thin, she would fall for sure. Sooyeon thought.

 

“Hey there is no book up here” Yuri shouted.

 

“Look more carefully. I could see the book from here.” Sooyeon replied.

 

“Really? But there is really nothing” Yuri stepped on the branch with the bee nest under it. The branch broke. Yuri quickly hugged the tree truck for not falling down. The bee nest fell toward Sooyeon.

 

“KYAA!!” Sooyeon ran her off.

 

Yuri quickly slid down. She took out a big handkerchief and immersed it with the anti-bee solution.

 

Since Yuri used to leave in the mountain and loved to run around in the forest, the nuns always prepared an anti-bee solution for Yuri to keep just in case she would encounter this kind of situation.

 

Yuri ran after Sooyeon. She spread handkerchief out to cover both Soooyeon’s head and herself. She pulled Sooyeon to hid behind a big tree. Yuri hugged Sooyeon very tightly under the handkerchief in order to cover both of them.

 

“Ah it’s smell bad” Sooyeon whined under the hand chief. She pinched nose and looked up at Yuri. *bum bum**bum bum* Sooyeon heart was racing up. Omo wae keureoh? Sooyeon asked herself. Why does she look so charming closing up like this? Ottoke what is wrong with me?

 

Sooyeon had not had a chance so watch Yuri carefully like that since their last meets. Their first meeting was during the night time so Sooyeon couldn’t see Yuri’s face. The second time was during day but Yuri looked messy and unclean after a two days running down the mountain. And earlier, Sooyeon was too excited about her prank so she didn’t notice Yuri had washed up and changed to a cleaner cloth.

 

“The solution is extracted from the chrysanthemum plant. Just endure it a little bit” Yuri explained to Sooyeon. Their face touched when Yuri looked down.

 

Sooyeon blushed. She pulled away from Yuri. The handkerchief was still completely covered her head. She didn’t want to take it off because she didn’t want Yuri to notice her shy face.

 

Cute! Yuri smiled. “Oh there are no bees anymore” Yuri remarked.

 

“Keureoh? Let’s go home.” Sooyeon replied. She walked up rapidly because she felt nervous

 

Yuri also followed. “What about your book?”

 

“Forget it; I will buy a new one”

 

“At least take the hand chief off your head”

 

“ANYO! Just in case the bees come again”

 

But Sooyeon uncarefully stepped on a hole. Yuri quickly grabbed Sooyeon in her arms, hugged around the waist. Both of them fell on the ground. Sooyeon accidentally pecked on Yuri’s lips.

 

They gazed at each other. They felt nervous. Their heart beast fast.

 

 

=========================

a/n : anyeong my readers, I'm sorry for not updated this chapter earlier. I'm trying to finish my ohter fic (Flashback) first which I expect to finish soon enough. So I just want to let you know that I have not dropped this fic in case it worries  you. I feel bad for letting you wait. I'm really really sorry. But I'll be able to put more time in this fic soon. So please please be patient.

Having too much on going fic is not helping at all with my full time job , Aigooo I whish I didnt graduate XDDDD.

 

Anyway happy reading and stay tune for Yulsic KYAAAAAAAAAAA! Sica's heart beat !!! and the trainees in the group C&D are going to be  a mess !