Chapter 13

Goguma hunter

 

"Don't hate me" Yuri said
 
 
"No, I hate you" Sooyeon said and turned her back
 
 
Yuri moved closer and circled Sooyeon with her arms. "I beg you" Yuri said with a pity tone. Yuri heart pounded like crazy.
 
 
Sooyeon pushed Yuri slightly with her shoulder "Don't touche me" Sooyeon whined with her sweetest voice, making Yul's heart skipped a beat.
 
 
Yuri moved down to kiss on Sooyeon's cheek from behind.  "Muach"
 
 
Sooyeon got shy. She shrugged shoulders to hide her pink cheek.
 
 
Yuri hugged tightly and rested her chin on Sooyeon's shoulder. She smiled widely with her eyes closed. She learned head a little bit more toward Sooyeon. 
 
 
She kept smiling. "It's so soft" Yuri said. Then she heard the sound of doors getting open. Someone entered in the room and called "Yuri ah".
 
 
Yuri felt someone poked her shoulder.
 
 
"Yuri ah"
 
 
"Don't disturb me" Yuri said and turned to hug Sooyeon more tight.
 
 
"Yul Yuri"
 
 
Yuri felt shook off. She finally opened eyes and found herself facing the rooftop. She yawned longly. She stretched arms and legs. "Hawwwwnnn it was just a dream" Yul muttered in her yawning.
 
 
Yuri moved to the left and got startled. She sat up immediately because Sooyeon was kneeling at the edge of the bed to observe Yul sleeping. 
 
 
Sooyeon waved to Yul "annyeong~" She smiled sweetly. 
 
 
Yul held her chest where the pounding heart still went on and observed around more carefully.
 
 
"You are in our guest room." 
 
 
"How did I got in here?" Yuri asked
 
 
"I carried you in"
 
 
"EH?"
 
 
"Of course not. Am not that strong. I asked your sunbae to bring you here so you can rest properly. "You fainted yesterday after saving me. Do you still remember about last night?" Sooyeon asked Yuri. In fact she wanted to ask why Yul followed her.
 
 
"Do you still mad at me?" Yuri asked even if she had no clue why Sooyeon was mad. "Last night you threw-LAST NIGHT?!?! YIKKKK!!!" Yuri hurried to get off bed and putting her shoes on "MASTER TAE!?! I completely forgot her!!"
 
 
"Who is master Tae?"
 
 
"We have to meet every night around past midnight, otherwise she wouldn't go back home"
 
 
Why does she have too many girl-friends. Sooyeon thought. She didn't like it much. "How do you know if she is still waiting? Maybe she already went back home"
 
 
"Because If I promised to meet, I'll wait until the person shows up. So she would do the same right?"
 
 
Her mind is so simple. Sooyeon thought. "Well not-"
 
 
"I need to go there or she will wait forever" Yuri said and headed up to the doors. When she opened them, she saw Jokwon just arrived. He just finished his last walking step and stood in front of Yuri.
 
 
"Yul Yuri" Jokwon called
 
 
"NEAH SUNBAE NIM" Yuri saluted. 
 
 
"Follow me" Jokwon ordered
 
 
"Where are you taking her to?" Sooyeon showed up behind Yuri.
 
 
"Goodmorniing Young Miss." Jokwon bowed politely. 
 
 
"She had to stay with me for the whole day" Sooyeon told Jokwon.
 
 
"The Minister wants to meet her, Young Miss" Jokwon said.
 
 
"Really? I want to see Dad too. Let's go together" Sooyeon said. She held Yul's arm and leaded the walk.
 
 
Jokwon pressed his mouth down-guard. He moved head to the left as if he was moving hair to the back but in fact his hair was short. Then he followed Sooyeon toward the Minister office.
 
 
 
"Appa!" Sooyeon ran up to sit next to her dad as soon as she saw him. 
 
 
"Um" Mr. Jung answered 
 
 
"Yuri saved me yesterday night!" Sooyeon proudly told her dad.
 
 
"I have heard about that. Yuri is that true?" Mr. Jung asked Yuri
 
 
"Well-" Yuri didn't know how to answer so it wouldn't sound too snobby. "It's true but-"
 
 
"There were two thieves who wanted to hurt me. Yuri fought against them to protect me. She caught them like a pro" Sooyeon praised Yuri to her dad. 
 
 
"You are very brave Yuri. I got to say that you are very courageous to fight with the thieves when you are only a trainee. Others may run aways or yelling for help but you was able to fight and catch them. I'm very impressed with your ability." Minister Jung said. 
 
 
Jokwon lifted mouth because he didn't believe Yuri could be that good. She must got luck. 
 
 
"Ah neah, it was my duty. Kamsahabnida" Yuri thanked politely
 
 
"So Yuri, I have a special offer for you: our Sooyeon wants to go on a trip with her friends and she needs a personal guard to protect her day and night. I would like to name you as her special guard. Do you have enough confident to fill in that role?"
 
 
Yuri looked at Sooyeon who was anticipating a yes from Yuri.
 
 
Of course Yuri wanted to say yes because she will be able to spend day and night with Sooyeon. In the same time Yuri hesitated because it meant she will not be able to hunt thieves during the night. 
 
 
There is still one short thief circulating around the city. Yuri thought about the girl thief that she fought with the night before.   
 
 
"I see that you are a little bit hesitating, you don't feel able to do it?" Mr. Jung asked Yuri
 
 
"Annyo!" Yuri answered
 
 
"Even you are willing to do, I'll have to test you before giving the security of my daughter in your hand. I'll set you an early test. If you pass, you can go with Sooyeon. So you feel ready to take the test?"
 
 
How can she be ready. She had learned so basically stuff up to now. Jokwon mocked in his head. 
 
 
Huh? Does Dad really want to test Yuri today was we bet? Sooyeon recalled her bet.
 
 
"DAD Yuri fainted yesterday. I heard that Jokwon made a sparta training session to trainees. Can you push back the test for another day instead of today?" Sooyeon said. 
 
 
Minister Jung moved eyes to Jokwon who immedialtely bowed and looked at the floor. He didn't agree with a sparta training but in the same time he didn't want to scold and made Jokwon lose face in front if a newbie. 
 
 
Mr. Jung turned asked Yuri. "Is that true that you fainted because of the training? You must know that a guard should be in great physical condition anytime because thieves will never wait for you to be full of energy to make trouble"
 
 
Jokwon glanced at Yuri. He worried that Yuri would talk bad about him
 
 
"Neah, it's true that I fainted but it wasn't because of sunbaenim. I overtrained myself"
 
 
"You overtrained yourself?" Mr. Jung said
 
 
"Neah. I wanted to improve my martial skill so I practiced a little bit too much the night before"
 
 
"Willing to improve herself continuously. It's a very good attitude Yuri. What did you practice?"
 
 
"Oh I practiced to jump and fly in order to follow the thieves more closely"
 
 
"Very interesting." Minister Jung smiled with satisfaction. "I will let you time to rest and make a test tomorrow. Would you feel ready?"
 
 
"Neah, I'll try my best"
 
 
"It would be a surprise so I not going to tell you what skill I would test you. Should you be prepared mentally and physically for tomorrow" 
 
 
"Neah, I'll will be ready no matter what"
 
 
{Mr.Jung's house. Parents room, around 4 p.m}
 
 
"Honey, you really let Yuri protecting our Sooyeon? Is it a little bit risky?" Mrs. Jung asked
 
 
"Yeobo, it's not a final decision yet. We will see tomorrow with the test about Yuri capability" Mr. Jung answered
 
 
"Do you feel it, somehow Sooyeon has a special reference toward Yuri. Do you know if they had met before? How come she choose Yuri all out of the hundred personnel at your Guard house"
 
 
"Sooyeon was with me at the selection day, and Yuri left a remarkable performance out of the selected trainees. Maybe that's why Sooyeon had a good impression and remembered about Yuri"
 
 
"Really?"
 
 
"Otherwise I don't see know they would meet, Sooyeon has never left us since she was born"
 
 
Mrs. Jung nodded. "It makes me curious how Yuri looks like. I want to meet her someday"
 
 
"She is a lovely child. Very simple mind but also very determinate. But Yeobo, somehow Yuri seems to look familiar to me. I don't know, it's like I have seen her somewhere"
 
 
"Didn't you say that she lived and grown up in the mountain with nuns since she was born?"
 
 
"That is the fact, but her face is somehow familiar as if I have seen her somewhere before"
 
 
"Maybe you just mixed up in your memory. If we have to count the number of person you have met in your life, we could count until the next life"
 
 
Mr. Jung sighed. "Maybe you are right. I'm kind of getting old and my memory is playing trick on me"