Chapter 32

Goguma hunter

He calls Kim Tae Yeon. They should be related.  Yul thinks because Jaesuk has never mentioned about Taeyeon before. Jaesuk had mentioned to Yul and Sooyeon that he has a niece about their age but Yuri didn’t ask more nor was too curious about it.  

 

 

“AISSSSHHH CHEONGMAL~ Who is going to clean up all this mess?” Jaesuk mutters “AISSSSHHH~”

 

 

Yul feels responsible for the trouble she has done. 

 

 

“I’M SORRY AHJUSSI!” Yuri bows deeply, with head touching knees and arms in tthe air. “I’ll make sure to clean up the mess”

 

 

Yul immediately starts to pick up the fruits which are laying the ground. She touches the watermelon slice that Tae ate a while ago.

 

 

“Ah ah No No Mama. Please don’t bother your precious body. You don’t have to do anything.” Jaesuk assures and stops Yul. He notices the slice got eaten. “Did you eat it?” Jaesuk asks Yul.

 

 

Yul shakes head innocently “Anyo”

 

 

Jaesuk guesses Taeyeon must have eaten it. He smirks “Kim Taeyeon~” Jaesuk smiles.  “She finally pays back for her troubles! kaka” Jaesuk mutters to himself again.

 

 

“Neah?” Yul is not sure if Jaesuk is talking to her.

 

 

“Anyo~ Anyo~ I’m just talking to myself” Jaesuk answers. He feels excited when he thinks about what kind of reaction that Tae will have. He can’t help to laugh with his small eye closed. His pointed mouth is wide opened because he is too happy as if he is laughing “ho ho ho” without making sounds. His upper body is shaking because the laugh.

 

 

He must be the uncle of Yul’s master, Tae-what-so-ever. Sooyeon thinks. She crosses arms. She observes Jaesuk with an icy look, only her right eyebrow is lifted up. The uncle is as weird as his niece!

 

 

“Tae master must be your niece, right ahjussi?” Yul asks

 

 

“Tae master?” Jaesuk asks with a surprise tone “You mean Kim Taeyeon? When on the earth did she become a master?”

 

 

“She is actually a good master. She taught me lots of good things”

 

 

“TAE? GOOD THINGS? PUAAAAAHAHAHHHHAHA HAHAHHA HAHAHA HAHA" Jaesuk laughs out loud. “PUAHHAHAH HAHAH HAHAHHAHHA” He laughs so much that he also coughs in the same time.

 

 

Yul moves closer and pats his back. “Are you okay ahjussi?”

 

 

“PUAHHAHAH HAHAHA HAHAHA. I’m going to die because of laugh” Jaesuk swallows to calm down his laugh. “Ahem ahem. Aigoo. Since the moment Kim Taeyeon was born, I only know troubles" Jaesuk calms down. "For all the chemical formula she has developed, I have to find the remediate solutions. Peace doesn’t exist in her dictionary.  She thinks differently than ordinary people. She never follows the existing rules. She breaks the rules of nature to create her own one. That is how her brain works to discover and invent new things. That’s because she is a genius. She is not an ordinary girl” Jaesuk states.

 

 

He feels proud about Tae but then he exhales. “But I’m also worried for her. I’m afraid that she will be on the same path as your parents. They were too brilliant and people hated them because of jealousy. Your parents were so popular with the prior King that people attempted to bring them down.”

 

 

That is the reason why Jaesuk had been teaching Tae a lot of martial art since she was little in order for her to protect herself whenever he is not around.

 

 

Yul feels sorrowful for her parents.

 

 

“Ahjussi. May I ask you a favor?”

 

 

“Certainly Mama, I’ll do whatever I can”

 

 

“As you have mentioned that the goguma is not poisonous. I want to find the goguma. I want to bring it back to the Palace and test it in front of the Royal Family. I want to prove that my parents did not kill the prior King. His death was aimed by someone else.” Yul says with a serious voice.

 

 

Sooyen has never seen Yul be so serious. She understands that must be very important to Yul. She promises to support Yul under any condition.

 

 

Jaesuk sees the determination in Yuri eyes. “You are indeed the daughter of Prince Kwon. Your stare and determination is the same as his. He was never afraid of anything” Jaesuk says. “Whatever it will take, I’ll definitely help you. Before your paternal grandfather, also my master, died, he had ordered me to prove that your parents were innocent and everything was planned by Prince Lee” Jaesuk explains. “But it’s not going to be easy. You may risk your life.”

 

 

“I was born because of my parents’ existence. If I cannot give back their pride, I’m not worthy to be their child” Yuri says.

 

 

Sooyeon falls for Yul even more because of the pious attitude. Aww Yul is so attractive~. Sooyeon admires Yul in her head

 

Jaesuk looks at Yuri deeply. He nods. He feels proud about Yuri. “You have grown up in a very good manner” He says.

 

 

Jaesuk pulls out the haft-ripped handkerchief that he has been keeping since the incident with Wonhee. “Today I came to see you because I want to ask about this. The drawing on this handkerchief, was it embroidered by you?”

 

 

“Anyo. It has been there since I was born”

 

 

Jaesuk nods. Yul just confirms his speculation. “So this must be coming from your mother. I’d seen your mother embroidered on a similar handkerchief like this one before. It was during the time she was pregnant of you and when your father got accused of planning to take over the throne. I doubt that your mother was trying to hide a message behind the drawing.Something tells me that it could be a hint to find the goguma but I’m not certain. I couldn’t figure out the drawing because haft of it got ripped by Wonhee, the woman that you met in the cave. ”

 

 

Yul is confused. “I have carried this handkerchief with me since I was born. I have looked at the drawing for a countless time but it doesn’t appear to be anything special but an image of a peahen. What you have in hand is the last part of the feathers” Yuri says. She takes the handkerchief to observe it closely.

 

 

Sooyeon also leans in to take a look.

 

 

Jaesuk frowns and asks. “Have you noticed anything special on the other haft part of this handkerchief?”  

 

 

Yul blows her right cheek. She shakes head. “Not as I could remember” She still tries to remember every detail of the other half.

 

 

Jaesuk is disappointed. He exhales. “Since we do not have any hint of this handkerchief, the hunt of goguma is going to be harder. A few years after your parents’ death, Prince Lee had ordered to extinguish the goguma. Only a few people were involved in that mandate. I couldn’t follow them back then because their martial skill was higher than me. One of them must still alive as of today” Jaesuk tells Yul. That person is the Minister Jung. He was in the group escorting the goguma to the extinguish location.  Jaesuk recalls in his head. He doesn’t know that Sooyeon is related to Minister Jung.

 

 

“Where is that person right now” Yuri asks.

 

 

It would be risky and danger for Yuri mama to meet that person. Jaesuk thinks. He decides to pretend that he doesn’t know. Plus, he doesn’t feel ready to face Minister Jung since he is alone and the Minister Jung has a huge troop under his command.

 

 

“I don’t know”Jaesuk answers to Yuri.

 

 

Yuri is disappointed. “How will I be able to clear my parents’ case” She puts the fists against her head to think harder about her mother drawing. “Arrrrg~” She feels stuck and hurt at the same time

 

 

Sooyeon tries to stop Yul. “Don’t force too much Yuri ah”

 

 

Yuri is painting stupidly.

 

 

“I helped your mother to make the goguma medical. So I know the goguma composition. Taeyeon and I have been trying to reproduce the goguma nutritive elements with our chemical formula but nothing has worked until now” Jeasuk says.

 

 

“But first of all, Mama, you need to bring your skill to the top level”

 

 

Yuri nods. “I’m going to practice harder what master tae has taught me!”

 

 

Jaesuk's face becomes gloomy. “Like making a mess with my precious fruits?” He mutters to himself. He shakes head wonder what a nightmare would come next. “I have a book that may help you do better. It will bring you to a higher level than where Tae is. I have not taught Tae the technique in that book yet because I have enough trouble with her right now. I don’t want my lifespan to be shortened by 20 years”

 

 

 

=========

a/n : Yulsic complication kekeke and Tae is in trouble.

 

ALSO happy birthday to Miyoung #thapinkmonster though I couldn't add her in this chapter yet. She will appear in the next one. 

 

Happy reading everyone !