CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: KAI'S PAINFUL MEMORIES

YOU AGAIN!!또 너야!!

 

A/N: everyone…I’m sorry if I being an evil authoress…I’m sorry..i guess that evil runs in my veins..and I couldn’t help it..maybe that is the reason why I always like bad boys..I am a human of a werewolf reincarnation…Oh yeah..Good luck to you guys..who have an exam today…and good day to all of you…I love you all, oppas, eonnies, dongsaengs..When you read this, I want you to hear TVXQ’s song: Catch me OR EXO’s song: Baby, don’t cry… Read it with your heart because this chapter will be very sad and…*sniffs…I want to cry when I am reminded of it…so here’s chapter 32

 

“Run, Kai. Go save your sister” that was the last word I heard from Chanyeol. I was so ashamed of myself. I even wanted to kill him. The person who was by my side til the end. What had I become?

 

I was a monster.

 

I even didn’t realised that I had accidentally shot Ji yon.

 

The girl I loved. The one I said I proud to be in love with. How dare I say like I loved her when I shot her?

 

I was the one who deserved to get that shot. I was stupid to even think that she would love me after what I had done. I was so selfish.

 

I just wanted her love for I who wasn’t be loved by anyone except for my sister. I was so pitiful and pathetic that felt desperate for someone’s love.

 

I just walked aimlessly. I couldn’t go back to my place because I knew Dong Won would find me no matter what. I was in dilemma.

 

I hated Kris very much to an extent I wanted to kill him but I couldn’t bring myself to kill him. I hated the fact that Ji yon chose him not me.

 

And I hated the fact that I got my sister involved in this matter. Ji yon and my sister were the reasons that I dared to betray our friendships that I had with them all these years.

 

I was just a trash. No one wanted to have a trash like me in their hearts. Who was I to think that I would be accepted in this ruined and corrupted society?

 

A trash was where a trash would be.

 

And the reason as to why I worked under Dong Won was so that I can avenge my parent’s death. He was the reason why they died. How did I know that?

 

It was because I was there when it happened. But of course Dong Won didn’t know that it was me. He didn’t know that I was the son of the man he killed.

 

That old man didn’t know it was me. I wanted to wait until it was the right time for me to get revenge for my old man. But that time seemed to be getting far away from me. Even I doubt myself that time would even come.

 

Everything started to get wrong when Suho killed Jae won’s and since that day, I swore to myself I wouldn’t get emotionally involve with anything or Dong Won would use it to make me do something. it was because I had seen it with my own eyes. Dong Won used Suho to kill Jae Won, a girl that Kris was in love with because Kris didn’t want to follow his father’s step.

 

That man was so sick and twisted that he even dared to kill someone using his own son to do his dirty jobs just because he couldn’t do it. He couldn’t even walked with his own feet. All he could do was staring at the television monitoring everything in his wheel chair. And second thing he did all day was ordering his men to do all dirty jobs for him.

 

I didn’t know where I was right now but I was sure I was far away from that place. Away from any troubles. Away from Dong Won. Away from his watch.

 

I needed to save my sister but I didn’t have the strength to do it. I needed a place to rest. Without a notice, I was collapsed unconscious in the middle of nowhere.

====

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Daddy, I want to play with my friends first. Is that okay?” said a ten years old boy. Her father just smiled at him along with his mother who was holding his little sister. They were such a very happy family.

 

“Chagiya, I hope we will be like this forever” said Kai’s mother. His father just kissed her cheeks as he hugged her, whispering lowly. “I hope so”

 

But this lovely atmosphere that Kai and his family had was just for temporary.

 

Few days after…

 

“Jongin, I want you to hide here. Don’t come out no matter what” said his mother as she hid him inside a cupboard. Being a little innocent kid as he usually was, he obliged his mother’s order.

 

“Your little sister is at your grandma’s. Don’t worry”

 

Kai just nodded and before his mother closed the cupboard, she hugged him and said “Be a strong boy, Jongin-ah”

 

She let out a tear before wiped it away. Kai was curious as to why did his mother behaved like that as if it was her final farewell.

 

Kai could hear someone was shouting outside of their house. The voice didn’t belong to either his father or his mother.

 

“GET OUT HERE, KIM CHANGSOO” that man shouted again. ‘What is happening?’ Kai thought. He wanted to get out of the closet but he then remembered what did his mother told him.

 

“WHAT DO YOU WANT? PLEASE, MY FAMILY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS” Changsoo said.

 

“YOU HAVEN’T PAID ANYTHING FOR THE LAST THREE MONTHS AND OUR MASTER CAN’T WAIT ANYMORE”

 

“JUST GIVE US ONE MORE WEEK”

 

“THAT WAS WHAT YOU EXACTLY SAID ONE WEEK AGO”

 

“PLEASE GIVE US ONE MORE WEEK. I’LL PAY YOU EVERYTHING ON THAT DAY”

 

Kai was wondering what did his father had said before. He could hear everything. ‘Did father borrow money from the loan sharks?’ thought Kai. He really wanted to get out no matter what but he just stayed there, cowering in fear. ‘Umma, Appa’ whispered Kai worriedly. He hoped nothing would happen to his family.

 

“DO YOU EXPECT US TO BELIEVE THAT?”

 

“PLEASE”

 

“BY THE WAY, CHANGSOO, OUR BOSS SENDS HIS REGARDS” said that man.

 

Kai just stayed in the closet until he heard a loud noise.

 

BANG‼

 

It was a gunshot. The echoed still played in the air pretty clear.

 

‘Appa’ Kai’s eyes were enlarged with surprise and sheer shock. Without his consent, tears welled out from his eyes.

 

“GET HIS WIFE AND HIS KIDS. THEY’RE SOMEWHERE INSIDE THE HOUSE”

 

Kai was trying his best not to make any noise. He was worried about his mother. There was someone inside the room Kai was in.

 

“CHECK THIS PLACE”

 

“They’re hiding somewhere. Don’t let any of them go”

 

It was then Kai heard a scream. It was his mother’s. He could see his mother was being dragged into the room by her hair from the hole in the closet.

 

AHHHHHHHH~~

 

His mother was squirming in pain. Kai’s eyes were enlarged with sheer surprise. He wanted to get out of there but he could see his mother mouth at him “Stay there”

 

“WHY DO YOU THIS?” shouted his mother as she spitted on the man’s face who was yanking her hair backwards. Kai could see that his mother was in pain and Kai couldn’t help to

 

It was then a black haired man entering the room. He looked like he was in his early thirty. In his mouth, there was a cigar and he puffed the smokes out of his mouth.

 

“Hey, woman” said that man. Kai’s mother refused to look at him. “LOOK AT ME” shouted that man. And his man held Kai’s mother’s face and forced her to look at the man.

 

“I can let you and your children go” the man said as he looked at her running his fingers on her cheeks. But of course, Seully, Kai’s mother closed her eyes and tried to get away from his filthy finger.

 

“But-“ he said in a low whisper and he cupped Seully’s face and their faces were just few inches away. Kai clenched his teeth and his fist tightly as he saw that there was a man other than his father touching his mom like that. “Get away from my mother” thought Kai.

 

“if you want to be my third wife” said that man. Seully spitted on his face. The man just closed his eyes as he tried to restrain himself from killing her at instant. “I won’t marry you, Dong Won”

 

“I’LL NEVER MARRY A DOG LIKE YOU. NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. NEVER” shouted Kai’s mother.

 

It was then all of the men laughed with all their hearts. “Do you hear that? She called me a dog. A DOG”

 

“Do I resemble a dog?” asked Dong Won to one of his men. “Well, you do in a way-“not yet that man finished his sentences, Dong won shot him in the head.

 

BANG‼

 

Kai was startled by the loud noise that the gun made. Kai made a low and soft squeak. Dong Won turned his head to the closet where Kai was hiding.

 

“Check that closet” ordered Dong Won. Kai was afraid that he was busted by Dong Won. Seully’s eyes were enlarged and Dong Won laughed at the sight of this. ”So that’s where you hide, little mice?” said Dong Won as he made a creepy smile.

 

Dong Won’s man who was about in his late thirty stood in front of the closet. Kai gulped as the closet was about to be opened by that man. The man opened the door slowly and he was looking at Kai.

 

Kai’s eyes were red due to the tears he had. The man was looking at him for far too long. He heaved out a deep sigh. “He isn’t here” said that man. Kai was surprised and curious why did the man was lying. Kai was there right in front of him.

 

And that man wasn’t even blind. With that, the man closed the closet while he mouthed to Kai who was staring dumbly at him “Shh”

 

Kai just nodded his head. Seully, Kai’s mother managed a weak smile, feeling relieved that her son was safe.

 

Not all of Dong Won’s men were a bad and evil just like their leader. Some of them were just had to stick with Dong Won due to some problems. Take this man as an example. Deep in his heart, Kai knew that this man didn’t want anything but peace and serenity.

 

“I am curious. Where is your son hiding? He such a good boy” said Dong Won. “I can’t wait to meet him. What is his name? Kim Jongin right?” said Dong Won as he pulled down Seully’s hair. It was so painful.

 

“Don’t ever lay your filthy hands on my son” said Seully. “Pretty bad, he has to die so soon at the young age. I heard from your DEAD husband. He is good at fighting making me want to take him as adopted son”

 

Both Kai and Seully flinched when Dong Won applied slight pressure at the word DEAD.”Is dad really dead?” thought Kai.

 

Dong won just laughed. He liked to play with people’s life. He just didn’t care about it. “But I’m afraid that the son inherits your blood more and he will be rebellious and won’t listen to me” said Dong won as he exhaled the smokes from the cigarette he smoked.

 

Seully just stared at him and it made Dong won angry. He didn’t being stared like that. So he hit Seully very hard that her lips started to bleed. “Why, Dong Won? You don’t like it?” said Kai’s mother. Kai was trying very hard not to let out a cry.

 

The man that was covering up for Kai, held his master and said “Master, we should leave this place quick”. Dong won stared at him with disbelief and let out a sigh of disappointment.

 

“Wait for me outside. I want to have some fun first with her” said Dong won as he his lips and unbuckled his belts.

 

The man hesitated to leave the place when Dong won shouted at him. “Well, what are you waiting for?”

 

The man left with a frown on his face. He couldn’t bear to see it any longer. Kai was shocked. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY MOTHER?? GET YOUR  HANDS OF MY MOTHER” thought Kai as he bit his lips hard that it bleed.

 

“GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME‼ WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?” shouted Seully. Kai could see his mother struggling against the monster.

 

“PLEASE DON’T DO THIS” pleaded his mother. She didn’t want this. Dong won just neglected her words and threw her on the bed. “I hope you’re as tight as you look like” said Dong won, his lips. His eyes filled with lust and desire.

 

Kai had no idea what was going on to his mother. Seully backed away from Dong won and grabbed something that she hid under the pillow.

 

It was then Seully stabbed Dong won with a pair of sharp scissor on his leg.

 

ARGHHHHHHHHHH‼‼‼!

 

Dong Won was screaming hysterically as he was kneeling on the floor with blood pouring out from his right leg heavily.

 

“YOU ‼!” cursed Dong Won as he pulled out a gun from his pockets. Seully looked at him and cursed for one last time before the bullet went through her head.

 

“YOU’LL DIE IN HELL, DONG WON. I ASSURE YOU”

 

BANG‼‼

 

He shot her repeatedly without any mercy. And he looked down at her as he said “You’re the one to be there first”. Kai could not do but to witness his parent’s death. He couldn’t cry. He couldn’t cry any single tears anymore for his mother.

 

His heart was hurting him too much that he couldn’t feel anything right now. “Mama” said Kai as he looked at the dead body of his mother on the floor. Lifeless. Her eyes were looking straight at him as if telling him to not cry.

 

It was then all of Dong Won’s men coming into the room. The person who helped Kai earlier was shocked to see this. “G.O, burn this house as soon as I come out. I don’t want any police to find any single evidence about this. Do you understand?” asked Dong Won. G.O just nodded his head.

 

He felt pity for the little boy to witness his parent’s death at such a young age.

 

Dong Won just left the room. Before he left, Dong Won took a look on the locket Seully was wearing. It had small picture of Changsoo and his family. Kai with his little sister. Changsoo with his beloved wife.

 

He muttered “Stupid family” and threw it back leaving G.O behind to do his job. He was in pain due to the stab Seully just did. He skidded his leg dragging it to outside of his house leaving the place.

 

“Little boy, get out of here” said G.O as he opened the closet. Kai was expressionless and speechless. He was traumatized with what had happened to his parents. His mother died in front of his eyes with him couldn’t do anything by a man who’s evil could be regarded as those of demons.

 

Kai just stared at the unidentified corpse in that room which belonged to his mother. ‘MAMA’ said Kai as he hugged his mother.

 

G.O couldn’t help but cried at the sight of this. He felt guilty he couldn’t do anything to protect this innocent little family.

 

It was then Kai swore to himself to avenge for his parent’s death. He would kill that man in every possible way he could. Before Kai escaped from the house, he took the locket that belonged to his mother and wore it.

 

Blood covered all of him and he looked a real mess right now. His eyes had turned from those of an innocent child to those of a man who had reached a maturity level necessary in his life. Ever since that day, he never smiled and he found out that Dong Won, the man who killed his parents was the father of his own best friends.

 

And he needed to find a suitable time to get revenge on Dong Won.

 

He could see from afar the house which he used to live in burnt into ashes, leaving no signs of evidence even a sign of living things.

 

The one and only important thing left to him was his little sister who had no idea what had happening to their parents.

 

He had to lie to his sister that their parents were dead because of fire breakout that was happening in their house.

 

“Kai” someone called for him but Kai didn’t know who. He couldn’t see who the person was.

 

END FLASHBACK

 

“Kai” shouted someone. Kai could feel someone was shaking his body. “Kim Jongin” said that person.

 

Kai opened his eyes and it was awfully bright. “Where am I?” asked Kai as he rubbed his eyes. The last thing he remembered was he was lying in the middle of nowhere.

 

He was shocked to see someone he hadn’t seen in years. It was the person who helped him last few years back. It was G.O ahjushii.

 

“Ahjushii, where am I?” asked Kai. He was pretty sure he was in someone’s house. Was it G.O’s?

 

“Jongin, you’re in my house right now. How you’ve been doing?” asked G.O. G.O hadn’t seen him for years and he quit from being Dong Won’s right hand. He couldn’t bear to do any more sinful jobs. He didn’t want anyone had the same fate as the person who was sitting on the bed right now. He quit right after the day after he was told to burn down Kim Changsoo’s house.

 

He took care of the little siblings after Kai’s grandmother fell sick and died of disease. He was like the second parent to Kai. But when Kai had come of age, he moved out with his little sister to live on their own. They didn’t want to burden G.O with his problems. G.O had been so kind to them and Kai didn’t want anything to be happened to the kind man.

 

“No one has called me that for years” said Kai. He didn’t like when someone called him Jongin. It was because to him, that name would bring only problems.

 

“What brings you here?” asked G.O.

 

Kai just looked down, unable to stare into G.O’s eyes. G.O was waiting for him to say something.

 

“Can I hug you, appa?” said Kai. G.O was taken aback when Kai called him ‘appa’. No one called him appa ever since his son died of disease. It was karma to him for having killing many innocent people before that the god took his son away from him.

 

“What’s wrong, Jongin-ah?’ said G.O as he caressed Kai’s head slowly and soothingly. Without his notice, Kai burst out in tears.

 

“It is going to be okay”

 

“I have no choice but to kill him because Dong Won has my sister” said Kai.

 

G.O released him from his hug. He needed some clear confirmation by what did he meant with ‘kill him’. “Kill who?”

 

“Kris” Kai sobbed. G.O was shocked with the news that Dong Won made Kai kill his best friend, Kris, his own blood son.

 

G.O just hugged him tight and he was hoping that everything was going to be okay. “You have to save your sister before it is too late” told G.O hoping that he already gave enough mental support for Kai. Kai wiped out some tears that were falling from his cheeks.

 

“Appa, thank you for everything” said Kai.

 

It was then Kai left the house. That was his final farewell. “Everyone, I’m sorry for what I did and I will make him pay for what he did to us”

 

A/N: HI, everyone..I hope you like this chapter…I know that deep inside everyone’s heart, they couldn’t bring themselves to hate Kai because you already knew what was his past looked like…and what made him like this…and it was very painful..even for me…I couldn’t bring myself to hate him…I wanted to give my love to him if possible…Everyone has a painful past so it’s hard for me to choose who I want to be with..I want to make them all to be happy without getting jealous of each other…Comment, guys…thank you…I love you all