Retrograde what?

Fickle Memories

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

Hearing people talking and feeling someone with a tight grip holding my hand I open my eyes slowly, while blinking a few times. I look over to see a blonde boy holding my hand, as though both our lives depended on this, and suddenly people are asking me questions, poking me or prodding me, and checking the machines all around me.

“Miss, do you know you name?” Someone asks me, he looks tired but rather relived.

A bit offended I scoff at him. “Of course I know my name.” I tell him. “I’m Yong Sooyoung.”

“Do you remember why you’re here?” He asks me.

Suddenly not knowing where I am scared me, and trying to remember I couldn’t. Yanking my hand away I look for someone I do know. “Junnie!” I scream tears falling; I can always count on my Junnie- Oppa to be there. He moves closer taking my hand.

“Soonie.” Junnie says with a smile on his face. “You scared us.”

I stare at him. “Scared who?” I ask him, not aware of anyone else that’s important to me.

He stares at me hard, nervously he speaks. “Yoseob, Doojoon, Ki Kwang, Sohyun, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon.”

“Who?” I ash my Junnie-Oppa. “I don’t know any of those people.” I state still confused with a head ache now.

“Y-y-y-you don’t remember me?” The blonde asks me again. “Not at all?” He seems sad his entire demeanor changes, looking around they all seem saddened all upset.

“Sooyoung, would you mind telling me what you do remember?” the man asks with a pen at the ready.

I turn to look at oppa, he nods his head. “I remember Eomma and Appa died.” I pause. “Junnie and I moved together and he’s a trainee slash raps for idols.”

“I see.” He says. “I’d like for her to stay overnight.” He says to my brother.

He just nods his head agreeing looking at me with a worried expression.

As the man leaves I’m left with my brother and five strangers. “Oppa, who are these people?”

Sighing he’s about to speak when a girl comes running in. “I came as soon as Ki Kwang texted me.” Out of breath she smiles at me. “I’m so glad you’re alright!”

Still baffled as to who all these people are the man asks for Junnie to follow him.

 

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

Getting up I leave Sooyoung with everyone worried as to why she doesn’t remember anyone but me.

“Is she ok?” I ask crossing my arms. “I mean what is wrong?” I ask rubbing my temples.

“She has retrograde amnesia; the good news is that it is normally temporary. Her memories should come back I can’t say for certain when they will or even if they will. She may only regain some of her memories.” Dr. Lee sighs again. “Your sister is very lucky; most patients don’t make it out of an accident like that.”

“Will I be able to take her home soon?” I ask pleadingly.

“You should be able to, keeping in mind there will be check-ups.”

“To take her home will she need to remember everything?” I continue to question him.

“No, it’ll be best if you take her home and help her cope.” Dr. Lee tells me with a small smile. “She’ll be home with you well within two or three days.”

I nod my head going back inside to stay by her side.

 


 

Well this was actually really interesting to write, I had to do some research to make sure I was being realistic. Comment (: