Bad News

Fickle Memories

The entire twelve hours and forty-five minutes on the plane passed agonizingly slow for Jun Hyung as he rocked his body back and forth. Yoseob nervously drummed his fingers against the leather of the seats, neither one able to sleep. After what seemed like an eternity the plane lands, with the boys all too eager to get to the hospital.

“Hurry,” Yoseob mutters now biting down on his fingers. “We need to get to her.”

Once arriving at the hospital Ki Kwang, Dongwoon, Doojoon, Yoseob, Hyunseung and Jun Hyung all leap out of the car running to the pacing Sohyun.

“How is she?” Jun Hyung asks tears falling.

“She’s still critical.” She whimpers unable to hold her composer together. “They can’t stabilize her.”

Full of contempt Jun Hyung stomps off to find a nurse.

“What happened?” Yoseob ask pulling Sohyun to a chair sitting her down.

Whimpering she takes a deep breath. “She’d forgotten something in your dorm. She’s so careful when driving.” Taking another breath Sohyun continues to explain what had happened. “A drunk driver swerved out of control and slammed into her.” Collapsing into her hands she sobs while Dongwoon rubs her back trying to calm her, Ki Kwang patting Yoseob’s shoulder to calm him. After hearing this Doojoon went off to find Jun Hyung with Hyunseung trailing behind him.

After a few more hours of waiting, and cursing a nurse comes out to talk to Jun Hyung.

“She’s unconscious, but stable, you can see her.” She says leading him down a hall to an elevator after going up three floors she leads him back down a hall to room 906, “Take your time.”

He walks over to her side grasping her hand looking at the cuts on her face and arms stitched or bandaged, he stares at her sleeping body, her falling and rising chest, the mask on her face and all machines hooked up to her.

After a little a doctor comes in. “You would be?” He asks tentatively.

“I’m Yong Jun Hyung, her big brother, the only family she has left.” He says quietly. “How is she?”

The doctor sighs. “It’s a miracle she made it through the surgery to be honest, but we don’t know if she’ll wake up, and if she does how she’ll be.”

“What do you mean?!” Jun Hyung asks angrily. “IF SHE WAKES UP?!” with tears running down his face he couldn’t hold it together.

“She’s in a coma, if she wakes, we don’t know the exact extent of the damage done to her brain.” He says sympathetically. “All we can do right now is hope for the best.”  He says walking out to leave the brother and sister alone.

“Jun Hyung would you mind if I sat with her too while you wait for her to wake?" Yoseob asked from the door frame tears streaming down his face. Nodding his head Yoseob sits by Jun Hyung. “How is she?” He manages to ask.

“Not good.” Is all Jun Hyung is able to say while keeping his eyes on his sleeping sister. “Not good at all.”

Yoseob cries a little harder hearing this.


Comment? I'd like to know what everyone thinks he-he