Old Draft: Hospital Sacrifice

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

[A/N] Okay it may seem like I'm procrastinating on the sequel, but honest to god school just let out, finally got my fixed laptop back, and I stayed up past midnight last night finishing my research paper. (I HATE ENGLISH CLASS URGHHH) That leaves me with no creative juices left. Maybe when my birthday comes around, a miracle will occur and the sequel will be started. -crosses fingers-

(And no, I'm not hoping for a guyfriend I haven't seen in a long time who's coming to see me in my birthday to ask me out. Yes, I'm talking to you "mindreaders". Y'all may think you're smart, but no such guy exists for me.)

Anyway, I was cleaning out my desk today to find something when I found this old sheet. Hmm. Too bad I didn't get to incorporate it into the actual fic but it makes you wonder what I had in mind when I wrote it. IDK. I LIKE FLUFFY SCENES. They just never become relevant after I think of them. If anyone wants to go on with this idea in another fic with other characters, I guess go ahead? I would like credit though. Just let me know.

Enjoy!

"Kalyn?" I looked up. Lay stood in the doorway. Every ince of his face sagged with fatigue. "You can come in."

I stood up and entered the room, Yin Yang held tightly in my arms. Lay stepped aside to let me through.

The sight of Tao in the hospital bed made my stomach drop. My throat clogged up as I tried to swallow. Images of my parents in similar hopsital beds flashed in my vision. I felt just as guilty as back then.

With shaking hands, I placed Yin Yang on the bedside table. When I stood up, I took another good look at him. Even with bandages around his arms and his face, he looked peaceful. Almost like a morning when he didn't hear the alarm go off and I had to come in to wake him up.

I looked out of the window. Some petals flew, carried by a light breeze. The sun shone, illuminating flecks of dust in its path. The day was beautiful, but my heart still felt like cold steel.

"Kalyn?"

My head snapped back down at the sound of Tao's voice. "You're awake," I said as his dark, chocolate eyes bore into mine. I sat down at the chair near his bed.

He reached up to my face with a bandaged hand and brushed my cheek lightly with his knuckles. "You're crying." Only when he pointed out did I realize the hot wetness leaving my eyes.

"I thought I was going to lose you." My voice cracked. "Why did you do that?" I whispered. 

He took my hand, looking at it instead of me. "When I saw you surrounded, I panicked," he said slowly. "The image of you bloodied on the ground, a silent scream still passing through your lips, the thought of you never being able to flash your beautiful smile... The horror I felt made up my mind in an instant." He looked at me. "When I saw you before I out, untouched, I knew that it was worth it."