Confession

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

 

I opened my eyes to find myself lying down, staring at a concrete ceiling. I tried to sit up, but pain shot through my left arm when I tried to push myself off the floor. I immediately let myself down, since torturing myself when I couldn’t scream for help was unnecessary. At least I could feel my limbs again. I turned my neck several times, trying to get my eyes to suggest. The left side of the room was still too bright for me to comprehend.

“Awake?” Tao’s face appeared above me.

I nodded, ecstatic that I was able to move my head. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out.

Hope sometimes.

“Still can’t speak?” He asked.

I shook my head.

He sighed. “Okay. Well, I called Kris and the others, but they’re all still stuck in Korea. I’m the only one who doesn’t have a schedule…” He turned to the side. “Can you lift your arm?”

I obeyed, moving it from underneath the covers. Immediately pain shot again through my shoulder, but I gritted my teeth and kept it moving until it was fully exposed.

“You’re doing great.” He took my arm and unwrapped the bandages. “I’m just going to change it and put more ointment, okay?”

I nodded. Where he was touching my arm tingled. When did his touch have such an effect on me?

Maybe it was the first time I touched him. That day on the bus, when the car crashed into the side. I blinked at the memory, then tensed as he touched a wet washcloth to my arm. Who knew so much pain could exist? Then again, putting the armband was much worse. I shuddered as pain racked through my arm again, reminding me.

“You know, I never fully answered your question. The one you asked before you lost your voice.”

I turned to him, but his gaze remained focused on my arm. Dang it, if only I could just speak, it didn’t-

“There’s a reason why I came and not Kris. Well one, he has a schedule and a recording, while I just had some rehearsals. But the main reason was that I wanted to see you again.” He shook his head, letting out a little sigh. “Listen, Kalyn…I wasn’t in the right mindset when I visited you at the hospital. I was desperate, thinking it might be the only last time I might see you again for a long time. Instead, I gave myself that sentence.”

“You’re the only person who makes me lose my cool this way. You would think a celebrity who had to undergo vigorous training would have great discipline. I try not to make too many relationships so I don’t have to give people the grief of me constantly leaving for my career.” He gave out a wry laugh as he closed the ointment jar. “We both have hard lives, don’t we? Not trying to hurt the people around us, yet not afraid of sacrificing ourselves.”

How come I didn’t realize we had so much in common?

Tao finally looked at me as he finished wrapping the new bandages around my arm. “It doesn’t matter if you don’t like me back,” he said softly. “Because I’ll always enjoy looking after you, even if it means I have to take so much pain that it’s almost unbearable. Even if I had to sit on the sidelines as an honorary brother, as an EXO member, I won’t regret giving myself to you. I…” He took a deep breath. “I know it’s a lot to take in and maybe you think I’m confessing things way too early, but I don’t think I’ll be changing my mind soon.”

I shivered, half from his touching words, half from what seemed to be cold air. But it didn’t make sense-I was covered in many layers of blankets. My arm was sore again-did Tao truly give his heart out or was he trying to distract me?

He touched my forehead. “Ugh, your fever keeps coming back. Just wait a moment.”

He stood up and walked away, leaving me to stare at the plain, gray ceiling. As I tried to figure out his motives, his words started to swirl all around my head, making me confused. It didn’t help that the headache raging inside seem to grow and beat against my temples. I closed my eyes, trying to find peace within the darkness of my eyelids.

“Here.” I opened my eyes to see a blurry vision of Tao standing over. I blinked, finally seeing that he was holding two pills and a cup of water. “Try to swallow it,” he said.

My swollen throat protested, but finally, after Tao’s encouraging words, the pills slid down.

“Get some rest, okay?” He set the covers so they were tightly wrapped around me again.

I barely registered his lips on my forehead as I fell into deep sleep. 

[A/N] Hehe you don't know how long I've wanted to use this picture! ^_^ Finally it's kinda the right timing hehehehe MUHAHAHAHAHA -cough-

Anyway, hope it's kinda worth the wait, let's just say these chapters take a long time? Especially since S.A.D. day is coming up. -sniffles- T-T

At least I don't have a crush this year? LOL I wonder if I should send a flower to my former crush like last year when I did have a crush on him....hahaha probably not XD

Y'all stay fab okay? Especially since apparently EXO has filmed their comeback MV. MEEP O.O

Anyone like EXO mashups? I keep listening to one and I'm like "WHY DOES THIS PERSON NOT HAVE A YOUTUBE ACCOUNT" >.< It's THAT GOOD.

Peace!