The Fall

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

 

I woke up to a lit up room. Immediately I turned to find Tao’s gaze on me.

“Good morning.” He pecked my forehead and slid his arm off me. “I’ll make us, breakfast, okay?”

I opened my mouth, but still no sound came out. So I just nodded and he stood up. It was amazing how my reactions changed since the world seemed only to revolve around us.

Also, I was still helpless.

I heard the crinkle of pots and pans and turned. I found myself that I was in a makeshift living room and bedroom. I had been sleeping in one of the sleeping bags on the floor. The first-aid kit still sat next to one, making it obvious which one I had occupied.

I decided to walk to the kitchen to see what Tao was making. I put aside the blanket that was on my lap and went in the direction I had seen Tao had left.

Before I reached the door, the hairs on the back of my neck rose. Something was wrong. Horribly wrong.

I opened the door to see Tao struggling against many black-clothed men with Mr. Hua standing on the side, laughing.

The evil man turned and smiled. “Well, our princess has arrived,” he drawled. “Guess we’ll have to make our escape.”

With that, he turned and jumped out of the window. A man who held Tao captive followed.

“NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The shout came involuntarily from my throat. Helplessness engulfed me once again.

The remaining guys slowly started to approach me, cracking their knuckles.

The sound transformed my helplessness to fury. I out my arms as if to keep them away. Immediately, they drew back, screaming. Some of them clutched their faces, others their stomachs.

I pushed them aside, a small part of me laughing at middle-aged men crying like babies. I looked out of the window and climbed out to the part that the others had landed. Energy ran through my veins, like it had a week ago.

I was back.

I immediately started running after the small image of Mr. Hua and the other burly man. As if time was on my side, I managed to catch up. Hope blossomed somewhere inside of me as I saw that their pace was slower than I expected. Tao was probably behind this time control.

Mr. Hua looked back and his face flashed an expression of fear for a second. “You can’t beat me girl,” he sneered anyway.

I smiled back. “Try me.” I focused on him and let my fury concentrate at him.

Immediately, as if my body had its own mind, I stopped and hit the ground with a fist. The earth rumbled, and a crack started where my hand had hit the ground. It went into two branches and traveled, following Mr. Hua and the masked man in the speed of lightning.

I sat down for a second, weak-kneed from realization. Earthquake? But I didn’t have time to think. Tao was in danger. I got up and continued my pursuit.

By then, the crack in the earth had caught up to them. It reached the accomplice first, who immediately dropped. I guess Tao had still been struggling furiously because I saw him leap in the air, twisting until he landed on solid ground on his side. I heard a groan but then he didn’t move.

I started heading in his direction when I saw Mr. Hua realized what happened to his assistant. He tried to take a step apart, but he fell in as well, his arms flailing in the air.

When I finally caught up, I saw he had managed to grab an edge. His face had gone pale. “Please, help me!” He pleaded.

I laughed, an dark and deep sound I didn’t know I had inside of me. “Now Mr. Hua,” I drawled out, “how does it feel like to be the victim now?”

His eyes narrowed. “I know about EXO, but who are you? Why do you even care?” he spat out.

“Who I am?” I raised an eyebrow as I made another fist. “I am the Oracle of Fear.”

With that, I punched the ground. Under my command, the cracks sealed together, leaving Mr. Hua howling underneath the earth. 

[A/N] I know I haven't written in a while, but I just couldn't get it going for this story. Someone wise said that you can't force creativity, so I just waited for this chapter to come up and of course it comes up while I'm trying to finish homework >.<

There goes my sleep....

Ah well. Sorry if there are grammar mistakes, haven't had the time to edit (please let me able to cross this out I beg you higher being) but WHO CARES UPDATE AJSDK:LFJLSDJFL

Yeah I'm sleep deprived. I should go before I embarass myself even further.