My Next Quest

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

 

I stepped into the dark cavern. “Hi Shifu.”

Welcome back child. Her presence enveloped me warmly, like the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Have you made your decision?

I nodded. “I’ve decided to keep it. Life isn’t pretty, but it’s made me who I am. It’s a curse, but it’s also a gift. And I refuse to give up my comrades.”

As you wish, my child.

I felt my bracelet pulse on my arm, making me shuffle my feet. “Are there more of us?”

Yes there are. Even though you may be younger, I expect to lead your sisters when they need it. Some of them are not as used to this world and it dangers as you are.

“I understand.”

You can take your own path, of course. Unless… I thought I heard Shifu’s voice tighten, then a sigh. Let us pray that the day will never come and it’s just a dream.

I remained silent. What was I supposed to say? I was only the oracle of Fear, not an oracle of all. The nightmares that I had these days, which were few, all vanished from my memory when I awoke. I didn’t miss them terribly, since they told me everything was safe. At least, for now.

Go ahead and start the voyages you must take. EXO are capable of training the next member of EXONE without that much of your help. Chase those dreams of yours. You may never get another chance.

“Thank you Shifu.” That was the main reason why I was here-to gain Shifu’s blessing. “I’ll try to visit you when I come back to Beijing.”

Take care, my child.

I bowed and left the room. Kris met me at the door. He raised his eyebrows. “Ready?”

“Do you have everything?” I shuddered at the memory of the forced air in my face of my last airborne trip. But last time, I had no choice.

He nodded and took a passport with a ticket tucked inside out of his jacket pocket. I took it from his hand to examine.

Beijing Airport to Shen Ling.  “Perfect.”

“You sure you don’t want me to go with you?”

“You come with me, Wu Fan, and you not only risk the anger of your manager, you will make my parents get a heart attack with that new haircut.”

He grinned. “What, you don’t think it looks nice?”

“It looks hideous on you. I’m surprised the tears of your fangirls haven’t all drowned us yet.”

“You sure you don’t want me to fly you? I still have time before I have to go to Canada.”

“Spare me the details of flying. I’ll see you later, Kris.”

[A/N] I’m really sorry for this short update! But it’s been a long time since Shifu has appeared, don’t you think? Yes, she’s always been there. We’re going to assume that maybe a month has passed by, but maybe only a month.

Poor Kalyn, she REALLY doesn’t like flying.

My laptop took its last breath on Monday, so if you’re reading this in the week of 3/11/13 and/or you see a picture for this chapter, I miraculously found Internet connection, probably from school. Otherwise, my laptop is probably fixed. I do have another computer I can use, but it doesn’t have Internet. (Because the parent who regulated the Internet for that computer forgot the password. Ugh.)

Luckily I’ve been backing up my school work on my desktop so hopefully my laptop crashing won’t affect my life that much-besides I won’t be able to socialize and listen to music freely. (NOOO YOUTUBE T-T) But hey, that probably means I’ll spend more time writing and exercising as entertainment. Yay?

(BUT NOOOO I WAS GOING TO FINISH WATCHING RECKLESS FAMILY CUTS AND KPOP STAR AND-)

-cough- Anyway, I’m thinking…two more chapters. –gasp-

Well it’s about time. Sheesh EXO is about to make their comeback. It’s almost been exactly a year after their debut. They debuted…April 1st? 3rd? (LOL I only remember this because of my birthday…yeah…-.-) So like a day or four days shy of their first year anniversary. I don’t know whether that’s cool or shameful. I guess a lot of SM artists are like that now, but come on. Back in the day, SHINee could have two mini albums in a year! And remember SNSD releasing a full album AND a mini album in 2010? It’s such a shame that f(x) and EXO have to take a backseat compared to their seniors.

Anyway, I plan to write a whole lot more. My week is going to be busy though-I’ve got orientations to attend, a math meet and huge rehearsal on Wednesday, and finally the dreaded adjudication on Friday. –sigh-

I CANNOT wait for Spring Break. I seriously need a break from school. I’m definitely going insane, but probably because half of the classes I’m taking, I couldn’t care less what the teacher is teaching. I only case because I need the grades.

I’ll see y’all soon! –crosses fingers-