A Friend?

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

“-she only fainted! Are you guys blind? There’s no sign of blood anywhere near her!”
I groaned at the sound of Sherry’s voice and opened my eyes. The sight of her face and some police officers crouching near where I lay greeted me. I struggled to sit up.
“Kalyn!” Sherry turned towards me. “No, no, stay lying down.”
“What happened while I was out?” I mumbled, complying for a second, then sat up again.
“Well the police came, and those nasty spiders disappeared.” Sherry shuddered in disgust. “It was about the same time you out.”
I blinked. Spiders. Gunmen. All of it came flooding back. “Right.” I looked around to see the gunmen facing the wall, their hands in handcuffs.
She gestured towards the policemen. “They’re here to a write a report. You’re the last witness left.”
I nodded, positioning myself so my back was supported by the shelf, wincing as my body protested.
One of them squatted in front of me while the others started going around the room. “Miss, we can do this when you’re feeling better-”
“I’m fine. Go ahead.”
He pulled out a notebook. “Name?”
“Wu Kai Lian.”
“Occupation?”
“Student.”
“Please describe what happened.”
I closed my eyes for a second. “Some men with masks and guns came out of a white van outside of the store. I knew something bad was going to happen. They came, and made everyone hold their hands in the air. They started threatening the manager, making him unlock the register. They shot the security guards that came in. Then those weird spiders came.”
The officer raised his eyebrows. “Weird?”
I shrugged. “I think they’re called tarantulas. Big, hairy ones, about the size of my palm. Anyway, the masked men started freaking out. One of them got bitten in the hand.”
One of the policemen had wandered back and nodded. “One of the robbers does have a spider bite. All of the other witnesses recall seeing the spiders too.”
The guy sighed and scribbled into his notebook. “Anything else?”
“No. That’s when I out, sorry.”
“It’s okay. May I have your phone number in case we may need to contact you?”
“Sure.” I recited the number as he jotted it down.
The other police officer looked at me in concern. “Do you need a ride to the hospital miss?”
I pulled myself up with the use of the shelf, trying to steady myself as I saw stars. “No, I’m fine,” I managed to say once the world started wobbling. “I just need to take it easy for a few minutes.”
“Okay miss. We’ll leave you now.” The police officers shook my free hand and walked away to the robbers.
Sherry rushed towards me once they left. “Are you sure you’re okay? You’re looking pale.”
“Yeah I’m fine. So, weren’t you saying something about lunch?” I said, trying to lighten up Sherry’s concern.
“Oh yeah! There’s this great dumpling shop.” Sherry looked around and shrugged. “I don’t think my manager would mind now. Let’s go!”
She took my arm and started dragging me to the exit. “Whoah, slow down!” I said, stumbling. “I’m still dizzy!”
“Sorry,” she said with a peevish grin, letting me catch up so now we were walking side by side. “I forget everything at the thought of food.”
As she pushed the door open, police officers let us through the caution tape. Immediately reporters swarmed up to us.
“Hey girls, tell us what happened!”
“Is it true there were spirit spiders that attacked the robbers?”
“Was one of the guns used an AK-47?” A high voice asked.
Sherry rolled her eyes and pushed her way through them. “AK-47s my shoes,” she muttered.
I snorted. “My shoes??”
“You know what I mean!” She shoved me playfully as we got to the end of the crowd. “If you keep teasing me this way, maybe I won’t treat you to lunch!”
“Whoah, you’re treating me to lunch?”
“Of course, silly! A Beijing welcome is always in order. And we’re here!” She sang as she opened a door to a restaurant. “I would treat you to some Beijing Roast Duck, but only two people eating it is a little bit awkward. So, what do you want?” she asked as we sat down at a table.
“Hmm.” I scanned the wall behind the cash register. “I think I’ll just take some bok choy bao zi.”
“Are you sure you don’t want to try the pork dumplings? It’s delicious!”
I still felt sick so I shook my head. “Maybe I’ll try one, but I don’t know if my stomach could take it.”
“Ooh right. Sorry, I keep forgetting you passed out.” Sherry shook her head. “I’ll get some tea for you too. You just sit right there.” She went out to wait in line.
I sighed and took out my phone. 12:30. I must have been out for a pretty long time. Half an hour until I had to face Kris’s wrath. Not only had I snuck out of the apartment, but I had been at a place of attempted robbery.
I put my face in my hands and groaned. What was Kris going to say?! I probably wouldn’t be allowed outside for the rest of my time in Beijing.
“Here’s our food!” Sherry sat down with two plates of dumplings and chopsticks.
I picked up a bao zi. “Will your parents be worried?”
Sherry shook her head. “I also had a shift in the afternoon. They won’t notice. And if I do come back early, I’ll tell them about the robbery. How about you? Will your cousin be worried?”
“Probably. Actually, I snuck out this morning. I should get back as soon as possible.” I swallowed and picked another.
“But you don’t mind waiting after lunch?” Sherry said, taking a bite out of her pork dumpling.
“He texted me earlier and said to come back after one. I guess he went out too.” I slurped a bit of the steaming hot tea, making the bao zi sit. My stomach grumbled a little. I put my chopsticks down. “Sorry, I don’t feel that good.”
“Take it easy! I’m just a fast eater by nature.” She drank some of her tea too. “So back to our conversation about EXO, do you really not who they are?”
“Well...I’m not familiar with them? I mean, I’ve heard of them.”
“Heard? Here, I’ll give you the rundown.” She set down her teacup. “There’s 12 guys, 8 from Korean, 4 from China. They’re split into two groups, EXO-K and EXO-M, K standing for Korean and M standing for Mandarin. Together, they make EXO. They have special powers, but are very talented. Each group is composed of 6 members.”
“I’m assuming there are more reasons why you follow them,” I said, tentatively picking up another bao zi.
Sherry smiled. “Well, they are attractive...”
“Just attractive?” I playfully poked her.
She laughed. “Fine. They are just like the perfect package. I mean, so talented, attractive, but their mistakes are cute and the predebut songs they composed...” she sighed.
“So who’s your favorite?” I said, chewing on a bao zi.
“Kris. He’s the leader of EXO-M and the rapper.”
I started choking, shocked. She liked my cousin as her favorite??
“Hey, are you okay? I told you not to eat fast!” Sherry clapped my back.
I swallowed and took a sip of my tea. “Sorry. Somehow that went down the wrong pipe.”
“Oh really? Are you sure it’s not because you like Kris too?” She gave me a suspicious look.
I burst out laughing. “Kris? Nah. I don’t like anyone from EXO-M.”
“Yet.” Sherry waved a finger. “Just you wait. You will fall under their spell like everyone else.”
“And become one of those fangirls who beg for Tao’s autograph?”
We looked at each other and sputtered into giggles. “HAH! You wearing pink and having outrageous outfits?” She finally managed to say.
“Heehee making puppy faces around him?” I snorted. “I’d rather do a handstand for two hours!”
“This year is going to be fun with you around,” Sherry declared, picking up a box on the tray. “Here, I had a feeling we weren’t going to finish. You should take some home so you don’t forget me.”
“How could I forget you? The spiders are already scarring,” I said, shuddering as I remembered that scary moment when the man aimed his gun at me.
“Oh, so that’s how you were going to remember me? The Girl Who Braved the Spiders And Gun Shooting With Me?” She mocked.
“I do remember you greeting me as The Girl Who Had Tao as a Tour Guide,” I replied with the same tone.
“Fine, truce,” Sherry replied with a smile.
I checked the clock on the wall. 12:50 “I have to go now,” I said, standing up. “Thanks so much for lunch.”
She handed me the box and stood up too. “I’ll see you on Monday,” she said, embracing me.
I started for a second, but then returned the hug. “Yup, see you!” I waved to her as I started walking away.

I turned to the direction of home, and squared my shoulders. Time to face a certain fate.

[A/N] HEY GUYS!

So the picture...well, I feel kinda bad because this fanfic hasn't really focused on any EXO-M member yet AT ALL. Grr >.< I need to get my OC less screen time. BUT YEAH she was eating bao zi. I said dumpling shop because apparently bao zi is called dumplings in English, even though I always though jiao zi was bao zi, and apparently it's true in Korean for mandu...ANYWAY I wrote bao zi so if anyone else is like an earlier version of me, they wouldn't get confused.

And yes, those are bao zi. I hope I didn't get all of you hungry.

Yeah, I'm kinda bored for Labor Day. I'm probably going to regret saying that as the school year progresses with no more days off, but honestly, for HOURS I was browsing around AFF trying to procrastinate. I should actually try sleeping...zzzz....

And no, this isn't peer-edited. So YES you are getting the chapter once I finish writing it. Quick huh?

Yeah don't count your luck for the next chapter :P But it hasn't been peer-edited because it's pretty long and somewhat just an intro, so why bother my friend with this? Now for the essential plot stuff, we'll get talking XD

And yes, I did finish my homework XD Well I mean I could study for a chem test I have tomorrow >.<, but pshh I've got an hour or so.

Did I mention tumblr is full of goodies?

Here, you can judge these images for yourself:

Oh poor Kris got wet ;P

WHY are you guys so NORMAL?? Just, just JOIN Luhan on the derpy but funny crowd, okay? PLEASE?

Heyo EXO-K! Whoah, is this Hello Baby? Oh god, it's D.O. and Chanyeol taking care of him? -facepalm-

And last but not least, let's end the chapter the way we started!

THAT'S RIGHT. XIU MIN IS JUDGING YOU.

Anyway I hope you guys liked that mini spazz, hopefully it'll entertain you guys until the next time I update.

Also all these pics came from this person's tumblr: http://jinkitabiyeol.tumblr.com/

I think she's like a Shawol and a Exotic, so if you're both of those, JOIN ME IN SPAZZING OVER HER POSTS!!

Well I mean some are just pictures, but you find priceless tidbits then and there XD

I should sign off before I get carried away. Bye guys!