Supernatural Power is Hard to Control

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

 

“I’ll never be able to find my way here,” I complained as EXO and I walked to their base. “There are too many winds and turns and not enough key sights to get around.”

Lu Han shot me an amused smile, his bangs fluttering around his face. He looked like he was filming a commercial, his baby face glowing against the dreary background. On the other hand, it was freezing and the thunder in the background was real. “That’s kind of the point. That way we can’t disclose the location easily. We just memorize the way with how much we walk and the direction.”

“Right, like I’ll ever manage to do that,” I grumbled. The wind picked up, making me shiver. I tried to hug my jacket closer.

“It’s not impossible. Ask Lay,” he replied.

“Jerk,” Lay muttered, punching Lu Han in the shoulder. Lu Han just laughed, rubbing where Lay had hit him lightly.

“Why Lay?” I raised an eyebrow.

Lay sighed, flinging his head back as the wind blew hair into his face again. “I’m forgetful. Well, it seems to be that I only forget important stuff. I remember stuff I’m not required to recall, especially observations.”

“Then how do you remember how to get here?”

He shrugged. “Body memory? I actually have no idea.”

I shook my head. “I guess that doesn’t work for me. I need visual cues to get around.” I turned my head to see Chen’s face change. His calm, tranquil expression morphed into one of hunger, seriousness.

Lay grabbed my arm. “Come on. Chen is having his moment. We shouldn’t get too close.”

“Huh?” But I was already being dragged the opposite direction I was walking. I turned to see the EXO members back away from Chen, who had stopped in his tracks and held his hand to the sky. His scorpion ring gleamed against the dreary background

I barely noticed when Lay stopped pulling me away and had dropped my arm. Instead, the sight in front entranced me. Dark clouds had gathered above Chen’s figure, as if they were piles of iron dust and he was a magnet. But their shape resembled a hurricane.

Suddenly from the center of the whirlpool of puffy darkness a bolt of lightning shot out and Chen’s outstretched hand. Instead of flinching, he laughed heartily, electricity sizzling around his body.

“Does he do that every time there’s a thunderstorm?” I whispered.

Lay nodded. “With the drought and lack of storms, he almost ran dry with his power reserves. He can summon storms for only so long. Every natural storm gives him an opportunity to recharge.”

My mind flashed back to the time when Chen held up a twig to light it on fire. How much did he have left then? Then I shuddered when I remembered the look on Chen’s face before the lightning struck, his look almost looking voracious. “This concept of mythical power scares me, it’s way too powerful.”

“It’s useful when you wield it versus becoming its slave,” he replied. “In the latter case it’s very daunting.” He started walking back to Chen, then turned. “Aren’t you coming?”

I blinked. The other members had also started returning to their original path. “Um, doesn’t lightning strike twice?”

Lay looked over. By now, Chen had returned to normal, laughing at something that Xiumin said. There were no traces of the sparks that had surrounded his figure. “Nah, doesn’t look like it. Besides, the second strike is never as strong as the first one.”

I looked up. The clouds were already rolling away. I scrambled to catch up. “So can all of you recharge your powers in the same way?”

He tilted his head in thought. “Well, not exactly. The members who have elemental powers do, as long as the elements exist on their own. The rest of us, it’s more about building up endurance.”

“Not to mention our power doesn’t exist anywhere else usually,” Lu Han added, appearing by Lay’s side. “Therefore we learn over time how to sustain and take control over our power, since it comes from deep inside of us. You see Kris’s dragon bracelet?”

I looked over and nodded.

“That’s a thing that helps us focus on our power. Some of us have badges or rings instead, but you get the idea. When we realize what our powers are and learn how to control them, the Tree of Life gives us those kinds of things. We can somewhat store power in those, but not a whole lot. They’re more like instruments, like wands to wizards.”

Suddenly a shudder swept through my body. Dread filled my mind as I realized it was the second time that day. But something was different about it. When it passed my chest, I realized why.

This shiver didn’t bring anxiety, it exuberated relief. The same feeling as ice water running down a parched throat after a long run underneath the sun, or being tucked in a warm bed after being outside in the freezing cold. For once I didn’t try to fight the incoming weakness.

I closed my eyes. Six guys appeared against the dark backdrop of my eyelids. They were chatting to each other in a different language that sounded like Korean, or at least close to the sounds Chen and Xiumin made when they spoke to each other. They seemed to be examining the warehouse that was EXO’s headquarters. One of them seemed to be spraying water over the plants from his fingertips.

They were all wearing a sign of EXO, whether it was a ring that sparkled underneath the dim light now and then, a necklace that was barely hidden by their jackets, or even embroidered patches on their clothes.

“Kalyn!”

I opened my eyes to see that everyone had gathered around me. While I was out, receiving the vision, I had sunk to my knees. At least my head hadn’t touched the floor.

I focused on Kris’s face. “The other EXO is here.”

[A/N] Okay okay I know I say in my reviews (if anyone who has read my reviews is reading this, which hopefully no one has) that I don't like Fanfic titles with song names. And it's true-it's cliched.

Chapter names? Ehh. If you don't use it too much.

So I couldn't resist with Supernatural Power, sorry. GAH THEY NEED TO RELEASE TIME CONTROL AND ALL THE OTHER SONGS THEY RELEASED IN THEIR TEASERS THAT THEY DIDN'T RELEASE -flails-

Anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend HK, I'm not sure if it's okay to put out your full name but you know who you are. It's a day late too, but I just got the idea for this chapter yesterday, okay? So stop asking me to update :P

Also I know it's short and kinda filler. But I can't believe I'm introducing EXO-K >.< We'll see how that ends up...

But anyway I realize my chapters are short. But there are going to be many of them, I promise you. Well, if I keep this up -crosses fingers-

So anyway PIC SPAM: THE PREDEBUT VERSION

Let's see if you guys know who these people are XD

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

And GROUP PIC!!!

So if you guys guess them all right, I get to laugh in people's faces how they don't know who I'm talking about in my story, right? ...JUST KIDDING. Honestly, a story should be good enough so that people who read like it even if they don't know who they are.

I'm working on that >.< But yeah if you actually want to guess, make sure you give a request for a shoutout or a pic or whatever you want and if you get them all right, I'll do it with my next chapter.

Make sure the request is within my means and LEGAL, mind you. Especially you nasties :P

Also you guys need to watch this, it's hilarious! And it kinda reveals something about me...that shall be clarified later one -cough- Without further ado: http://youtu.be/RG-DfdKCCeo