Epilogue: Finding My Peace Within My Storm

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

 

“I love you.”

I could only stand there, frozen.

He lowered his head, his lips almost touching hers…

I woke up, yet still frozen. The image of Tao kissing the other girl was still imprinted in my mind.

I immediately sat up. “No, Kalyn,” I started rambling to myself. “It’s just a dream, a stupid dream…”

But didn’t my power speak to me within my dreams?

Suddenly, it all made sense. Kris had lied to me about what Tao what was doing. No wonder he hesitated-he was covering up for him, saying he was filming for a drama. Tao had probably been on a dinner date with that girl.

I got out of bed and took out my laptop. I searched up Tao’s name.

There was nothing about a drama or a sitcom. Sure, there was “To the Beautiful You”, but that series was already over. Tao only had a role as a background actor. I kept scrolling, but there was nothing in the results.

A good part of brain told me to be faithful, but my hands were already trembling in my growing doubt. Was I just being paranoid about trust? Or was this really happening to me?

I should have known how common my situation was. There were other girls out there who were focused on their careers, and lost their boyfriends in the process. Only because they were willing to give up their dreams and goals.

I started to shiver, and I knew I had to get up and do something. The last thing I needed was an emotional breakdown.

As I got up to get a glass of water, someone knocked on my door.

“Coming!” I heard the waver in my voice, and cleared my throat. I walked to the door, trying to calm down with every step.

But my heart began beating quickly again when I opened the door. A familiar pair of eyes greeted me with its intense gaze.

“Kalyn,” Tao said softly.

I stood there, my feet frozen in the doorway. When I realized that I hadn’t spoke, I immediately said, “Hi. Tao.”

“You’re upset,” he stated matter of factly.

I blinked. “What?!”

“You’re upset,” he repeated.

“And?”

“Tell me about it.”

My hands gripped the doorknob. “I-I don’t think I can.”

“Kalyn!” Tao burst out. “I woke up in the middle of night having a bad feeling about you, only to learn that you had come in town without even telling me. Do you expect me to just leave?!” His mouth twisted, giving him a fearful look, but all I could feel was fury.

“Well, what am I supposed to do when I come to surprise my boyfriend, only to see him embracing another girl?!” I shouted back. “For all I know, you just want to get back to her!”

His face morphed. “What?”

“I was there,” I replied in a steady voice that somehow didn’t seem like my own. It seemed so confident, when inside I was all jelly from my anger. “Doesn’t Hongdae ring a bell for you? Kris told me you were filming, but don’t you think the search engines would reveal something if you were?”

“It was for a new, undercover SM project,” Tao replied. “The managers tried really hard to keep underneath the wraps. You must have passed through the security guards somehow.”

Hot fury left me, leaving me with only a cold, steel feeling inside. “Oh. Well, I guess that’s it.” I turned around to go back into my room. Even if he had stated the truth, he hadn’t apologized.

I felt my arm being yanked, and suddenly I was crashing into Tao’s sturdy body. He wrapped his arms around me, in a grip that let me know I was going to get away. “I’m sorry,” he murmured through my ear. “I should have told you, but I didn’t want to distract you from your work. You must have gone through a hard time since you got the idea that I was cheating on you.”

I couldn’t say anything, just concentrate on feeling.

He loosened his embrace so he could look at me. He tipped my chin up so I was forced to look at him. “I know you are still paranoid about trust,” he whispered. “I know idols have a weird reputation with relationship. But Kalyn, I swear, as long as we are together, I will stay faithful to you, and only you. But that means you can’t bottle up everything inside. I need to know what you need and what you want from me. I can only tell when you’re upset, I can’t tell why you’re upset, okay?”

I nodded. “I’m sorry I keep overreacting. I am honestly trying to work on it. It’s just…”

“It’s the reason why you’re different, and why I like you Kalyn.” And before I could answer, his lips captured mine.

Although his kiss climbed many levels of hunger, I could feel him trying to reassure me, trying to figure out what I wanted. His unselfishness broke through the barriers I had built up these past few days until once again, he had me pure in his arms again.

When he released me, he looked down with an amused glance. “You brought Yin Yang with me?”

I blushed. “You know I need a panda with me at all times.”

“So when we get married, you’ll get rid of him?”

“IF, you arrogant boy,” I said, waving a finger at him. “And there will be times when you’re not with me.”

“I thought being in your heart would be enough,” he teased, resting his forehead on mine.

“Sometimes I need to be reminded,” I whispered, trying not to become breathless in anticipation for another kiss.

“Maybe this would be a better reminder.” Tao reached into the pocket of his jeans, and pulled a panda charm. He took my hand and placed it on my palm.

I gasped. “It’s so cute!” I held it up at the light. The gold border around the eyes gleamed. “It looks like the charm on your phone.”

“Exactly why it would serve as a better reminder. Now come on, I might as well show you around Seoul while you’re awake.”

“Okay.” Then I realized I was still in my pajamas. “Wait! I need to get dressed.”

He laughed and pecked me on the forehead. “Go hurry up then.”

“No trying to peek, mister!” I called behind me, closing the door behind me.

I quickly slipped on a pair of jeans, a camisole, and a shirt. I slipped on my Yin-Yang bracelet. As I did, I could hear Shifu in my mind.

EXONE serves as a shadow to EXO. They are infinitely intertwined with each other, and provide support to each other.

I was a member of EXONE, and I had a role that could only be filled by me.

After a minute, I opened the door again.

“About time,” Tao growled, making my head whirl in excitement. His big hand grabbed mine, and our fingers laced like it was second-nature. Then he started to run, pulling me along.

And this time, I didn’t think of letting go.

[A/N]

YAY NO MORE CLIFFHANGERS! –throws confetti-

And for those who complain that this ending was too open-ended, do you want me write another twenty chapters with more cliffhangers? –glares- You ungrateful people *cough a special dongsaeng cough*

Aaaand because this is the last chapter, it calls for a HUGE THANK YOU NOTE! Chaa~

Before, I was just writing for myself and I had to find readers from friends and people who I really admired for their writing and I was hoping they could give me a chance. (LOVE YOU MOONY_KAT, PURPLEKPOP, AND ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE I FORGOT TO MENTION BUT ONLY BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T COMMENT ENOUGH SHAMMMEE) It was tough though. After ten or so chapters, there still were no new readers. Zippo. I asked Kakurine039 (UNNIE FIGHTING) to review me to figure out what I was doing wrong. While yes I was still new at the foreword/description, she was like “Honestly there’s nothing here that truly peeves me off. I have no idea why it’s not getting more attention.” At least, something like that.

Okaaay, so I wasn’t going crazy then. At least, I wasn’t too insane in pissing people off by using a feature that is consistently annoying. Y’all know what I’m talking about. (And if you don’t, thank your lucky stars.)

So, I’m very thankful that it seems like every time I update, there’s a new subscriber. It’s amazing: Where do you guys find my story?? (Lol I want to also ask you where were you in the beginning but that would be insensitive :P Seriously though, if you would be nice enough to comment down below?) Like, WOW. 52 isn’t technically a lot to some people (pfft) but it’s a lot to me. I can’t believe that’s how many people who actually liked what I’m doing, which is just some crazy idea I thought of who knows how far back. And yes, I didn’t use EXO just to gain readers. EXO was the only group that could fit with the plot. (I guess I could try with AJAX but I don’t know about them very well. Hmm.)

So whether you have been there from the very start, always consistently commented, or you just started reading and you just somehow kept reading, THANK YOU. I bow to your presence. Especially for those of you who took the time to click the subscribe button. Bro, I am THIS FREAKING HAPPY that people clicked the SUBSCRIBE button. There are authors out there who rant how no one upvotes them. Someone needs to rain on the parade, eh?

Anyway, you can feel the time ticking, can’t you? –starts singing to Epik High which is playing right now ironically-

I hope y’all didn’t read just for Tao…but if you did, that’s okay. I just hope a lot of you will come with me to the next journey. But if I start from scratch like I did with this one, it’s okay. I’m used to it.

If you guys want a personal pic spam, go for it. But I’m not getting my laptop back until next week, so don’t expect them right away.

SEQUEL COMING SOON. Preview (well at least current idea):

Soothsayers: They are people who have extrasensory powers, usually being able to see or hear the future.

I guess that would make me a soothsayer. Or more specifically, a “soothsairer.”

That’s right. I can see and hear, but only when the air is alive.

Maybe the power is just air saying sorry to me. I can’t feel the wind when it blows on my skin, only when it blows on my hair. Sometimes I can feel it on my face, but I never feel it passing through my fingers or kissing my knees.

Not that I wanted to be reminded of the dark patches on my skin.

They say scars make you stronger. But to me, they only make you stronger because you are forced into the darkness, and no one is there to hear you scream.

Sometimes when I’m in a good mood, I think people might be able to hear if you sing instead of shout.

Today feels like a good day.

**

Hope to see y’all soon! (And for those faithful readers, I do have something up my sleeves…*wink wink*)