Haunting

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

 

“Tao!” I rushed over to his direction, until we were only separated by the bars. I crouched down so we were at the same level.

He panted, fighting to keep his gaze on me. He was lying on his side, his hands cuffed behind him like how I was when I first arrived here. “My…jacket…pocket….”

I looked down, glad for an excuse to look away from his ghastly face. Green mottled skin covered his left eyes, ready to turn into a dark purple. Gashes covered all over his face, and his lip was torn. I stretched out my arms and was barely able to reach his pocket. My fingers found something solid and pulled it out, revealing a rock with a blazing unicorn image. I could feel it was Lay’s power, as it throbbed in my grasp.

I reached out so the stone was touching Tao’s face. Immediately the cuts started to close and the young black eye faded.

“Thank you,” he whispered, his eyelids drooping slightly.

“Why are you here?” I asked, putting the stone back in his pocket. Not that I was really expecting an answer when he was so close to collapsing.

“Later…” His head dropped and his breath evened out as his eyelids fully closed.

When I stood up, I realized I was shaking. I dropped back to my knees and crawled into the corner I had been living in ever since I came to this place. Why couldn’t I regain my composure?

Then it hit me. This was my fear ever since Taidang committed suicide. That someone would get hurt because he or she cared about me.

I clutched my hands. Why was I so unlucky? Why hadn’t my power warn me about any of this?

Then again, when had I felt my power since I was in the hospital? I had been feeling empty this past week. What had happened to me?

I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the unease growing on me, but it was useless. The hole inside of me would refuse any of my distractions.

If you don’t want it, I will make your life the way it would be if you were like everyone else.

I once wanted such a fate. Was Shifu testing me?

What if my power never came back?

[A/N] This is what happens when Super Junior M has its comeback, it's a Monday, and I'm actually trying to fight sleep-a new chapter.

Okay, it's short, but you just wait. I'll try to make it up in number.

But seriously, bro, BREAK DOWN!!!

Okay fangirl moment over. Onwards. 

I think I've used the same pic for a previous chapter, but honestly who cares it's that good ^_^