Breathe Once More

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

 

Kris was sitting by Tao’s bedside. He turned and stood up. “I managed to convince the nurse that’s important we’re able to see him,” he murmured.

My heart thumped. “Has he gotten worse?”

“No. He’s just dozing off a little. I told him to rest.” Kris glanced at Tao. “I have to get back to the hotel and contact our manager. Would you mind staying here and keeping an eye on him? Just in case.”

I reached out and squeezed his hand. “You don’t have to make it sound like I’m doing you a favor.”

“But you are.” He grinned. “But if you want, I can tease-“

“Forget I said anything,” I quickly interrupt before he could put in a jab.

“I thought so.” He dodged my swipe at him. “Make sure you eat, okay?”

“Okay.” The door closed behind him as I sat down near Tao’s bedside.

The bruises mottling his face and arms were fading away. His messy black hair draped over his forehead, as if he had been tossing and turning in his bed. I couldn’t resist and reached over to brush it back into place.

His eyes opened. “Kay...Kalyn?”

“Hey.”

“You can speak,” he said breathlessly.

“Yeah. I gained my voice back after you went unconscious.” I found his hand and held on. Thank god he was awake now. “You don’t know how worried I’ve been.”

“How long have I been out?”

“Three days. Didn’t Kris tell you?”

“No. He kinda half-lectured, half interrogated me the whole time.”

“I think you deserve another lecture, especially since you did that when I was at the hospital,” I joked.

He winced and squeezed my hand. “Don’t. Unless you’re still mad at me.”

“I’m not.” I took in a deep breath. “I’m sorry I made you get worried when I was sick, and then went all defensive. I thought that we were so different, there was no way you could care for me that deeply…or that I could care for you.”

His eyes widened as I continued. “I still have trust issues, and somewhere I’m still hurt that people don’t know that I care about them, or they take that for granted. You have a life of celebrity. I need to find my own path. But as long as you’re willing to wait for me, I promise I will always find you and be there. Because you are the first guy to be there for me who’s not bound to me by blood.” I tightened my grip on his hand. “I’m not going to lie that I don’t think this is going to be forever, but it’s enough right now for me to try and let down all my barriers to you.”

He looked at me, his eyes softening. “It’s okay, Kalyn. You don’t have to try be perfect. You’ll always be perfect to me.”

I couldn’t hold it anymore. Tears streamed out of my eyes as I realized that’s all I wanted someone to say all this time. That all I needed to be was me. Even if I was scary, even if I broke down, even if I was too weak, I was enough.

Tao opened his arms, letting me sink down and be held in his embrace.

And at that moment, everything was enough. 

[A/N] OHMYGOD IT'S COMING AHH I'M SO FREAKING NERVOUS BROOOOO

It's even worse than watching KPOP STAR hahaha. 

Seriously bro, it looks like I'll be upholding my side of the promise...are you guys going to? o.O