Alone

EXONE: The Minor Forces-The Oracle of Fear

 

“Bye Ms. Han!” Yinna and I chorused as we left the art room. The teacher waved, then brushed her color streaked bangs out of her eyes.

We walked through the hallways silently. It looked like Yinna was still letting my story sink in. I had nothing else to say, so I kept my mouth shut.

“Kalyn?”

“Yeah?”

Yinna tucked strand of hair behind her ear. “I just wanted to say…Sorry if Sherry and I pushed you too hard during lunch. We didn’t know you’ve had such a hard life.”

“It’s okay. You guys wanted to get to know me better. At least you guys asked. Everyone else makes assumptions these days, you know?”

“Yeah.” She smiled, relief flooding across her face. “So, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yup. See ya.” I waved as she went her way and I went mine.

The bus ride was quiet, solemn. I didn’t recognize anyone from yesterday. I rested my head on the windows, trying not to cry. I was trying not to live in the past, to only focus on now. How was I going to get through life as it haunted me?

I missed Shen Ling, but the truth was I was also somewhat relieved that I had the chance to take off the burden I had back there. Yet once I came here, no one gave me the chance. Memories plagued me and people already had judgments on me.

Life was never fair.

“Excuse me?”

“Yes?” I turned to see an old lady take the seat next to mine.

“I’m very sorry, but did you take the bus yesterday?” Her face lit up. “Yes, you were the one who sat in seat that was the place hit with the most impact.”

“Um, sure,” I said, glancing around uneasily. “Sorry, I don’t recognize you-“

“No of course you don’t,” she replied with a dismissive hand. “I wasn’t there.”

“Then how would you-?”

“Visions, you understand, yes?” She waved her hand in the air. “I looked into the mirror that day and wondered what would happen. Some symbols appeared, as I was steaming the room. I am an I Ching scholar, so I quickly looked those up and out came ‘The Taming Power of the Small’. Although, I’m sure sweetheart, you are not that small.”

“You study the I Ching, grandmother?” I said respectfully.

“Yes I do. I know all 64 hexagrams by heart, although I do check now and then just in case. My memory is getting a bit foggy as years go by. Would you like to try and ask a question?”

I shrugged. “Sure, grandmother.”

She took out several coins. “Ask a question and then toss them into my scarf.”

I breathed in, thinking. “How can I let the past not rule me?” I asked aloud, then tossed the coins.

She examined them. “This if the 55th hexagram, Feng. Thunder is on the top while fire is on the bottom, making abundance, fullness. Abundance has success. The king attains abundance.  Be not sad. Be like the sun at midday.”

Um, ohhkay? How was that going to help me? I took the coins again and tossed them as I asked, “What will happen if I love freely?”

“Chun, the third hexagram. Difficulty at the beginning, with Water on top and Thunder below. Difficulty at the Beginning works supreme success, Furthering through perseverance. Nothing should be undertaken. It furthers one to appoint helpers.”

…Right.

“It so happens that the opposite of this, when you reverse the lines, you get limitation, the 60th hexagram, with water on top and lake on bottom. Limitation. Success. Galling limitation must not be preserved in.”

Was that worse or better?

“Try not to dwell on it too much, dear.” The woman gathered up the coins and put them back in her pocket. “Everything can be interpreted as the I Ching says, but perhaps it’ll give you guidance in the right direction. Remember, everything has two sides, like Yin and Yang.” She stood up. “And here’s my stop. Take care!”

As she disappeared behind the bus doors, the only things she left behind for me was confusion and hope.

[A\N] So a dongseng of mine started yelling at me for leaving a cliffhanger. I think it's still a cliffhanger even with this short chapter. Don't worry, you'll learn about him soon...hopefully.

I'm writing for NaNoWriMo, but I couldn't stop thinking about this fanfic. IDK, I guess this one has more meat and mystery to it? Hopefully the next chapter will also be longer -.-

I pic spammed a friend on facebook last week, since she's mentally dating Lu Han. 100 pics and time well spent XD

I hope you guys saw the ACE part on wikipedia when it was still up XD

Suhbo isn't that bad looking actually. At least in this pic. OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! Ayyyy Y GRANDPA!

HEHEHE Kris is EXO-M's Picasso, no? XD I swear, I thought the dragon he drew for his birthday was a unicorn...hehehe it had 5 legs XD

...you're tired too? EXACTLY. STOP BEING MY MOTHER.

And bless you all who looked this in a different light. You s.

Cuz you know I wear my "I love nerds" stuff all the time -shrugs- gotta state what you are on clothing bro. Some people are just way too oblivious. 

Lol WE GOT A BA IN THE HOUSE! Now teleportation seems very appealing. Hmm.

EXO judges their fans too much for the love of...er...horses.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST

WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER READING THIS? Oh wait, it's for the pics right? :P Just kidding.

I hope my mini spazz there made up for my lack of commmitment to writing the good stuff down cuz if I did, you guy would be totally confused XD Not that you aren't already.

SEE YA ON OTHER SIDE! CHAAAA~