You can tell hyung

The competition

 

Baekhyun giggled from Chanyeol’s arms as he saw Suho being squashed into his front door by Kai, Kyungsoo and Sehun. The elder was trying to get his key in the lock but could barely move, his face flush against the wood.

“Ya, Channie, could you kneel down low to the ground?” Baekhyun asked with wide, innocent eyes. He would have asked Chanyeol to just put him down but for some reason his boyfriend really didn’t want to. Perhaps he was trying to improve his arm strength Baekhyun thought. Chanyeol tilted his head in slight confusion but nodded and bent his knees. Baekhyun reached out his arm, straining it over Chanyeol’s shoulder, fumbling around on the ground. He let his fingers graze along the rough pavement and then into the moist grass. After a few seconds of searching his fingers stumbled upon what he was looking for. He beckoned Chanyeol to stand back up with his other hands, a grin spreading across his face.

“Suho-hyung!” He called out, giggling as he rubbed the fine pebbles in his palm. “Number 18!” On cue Suho flung himself at the ground, managing to only just squeeze his way down as Baekhyun sent the cloud of small stones showering over the other three. As the three squealing boys scattered Suho shoved his key in the lock and rushed inside while laughing a y chuckle.

“Mush!” Baekhyun shouted as Chanyeol charged after Suho. Baekhyun kicked out his good leg as he felt laughter bubbling up from within him.  Suho whipped around and locked the door behind him with an evil chuckle. Chanyeol dropped down onto the sofa letting out a loud, “Ooof” as he made impact. He kept Baekhyun curled tightly in his lap and Baekhyun knew that he would be lying if he said that he didn’t like it. He lifted up his hand to ruffle the taller boy’s fiery hair with a gentle smile.

“Good puppy.” Baekhyun giggled as he scratched behind Chanyeol’s ears. Chanyeol grinned, showing two rows of perfectly pearly white teeth before catching Baekhyun surprise as he leant forward and a line from Baekhyun’s chin up to his eyes. Baekhyun felt the warm rough surface of his tongue glide up his face and felt his eyes grow wide as he felt his cheeks heating up.

“Y-yah, Channie….” He grumbled as he ran the back of his hand over his cheek, nervously glancing over at Suho who was happily peeking through the living room curtains at the yelling boys outside. Chanyeol just smiled, either unaware of or not caring about the wild blush Baekhyun could feel raging in his cheeks. The taller boy just nuzzled his mop of thick, curly hair under Baekhyun’s chin, breathing the words, “What did you expect from a puppy Baek?” Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol’s warm breath gliding over his collar bones and he felt a warming shiver run through him as he pulled his boyfriend closer. They sat for a moment as Baekhyun lovingly up and down Chanyeol’s back while his other hand ran through his hair. Baekhyun loved Chanyeol’s hair, he had a thing for it, he didn’t know whether it was the fiery colour or the fact that it always smelled slightly of raspberries or even just the fact that it was Chanyeol’s, but he really did. A few minutes later gentle clawing could be heard coming from outside and the gentle mews of cold boys stuck outside in the garden. With a last squeeze Baekhyun pushed his way out of Chanyeol’s hands and hobbled his way over to the door.

“Suho, I think we should let in the others, they’re going to claw through the door at this rate. Suho pouted slightly but nodded as he fled over to where Chanyeol was stull sat on the sofa, crouching behind the arm to hide himself from the anger that was sure to follow the cold boys inside. Baekhyun wondered if Suho really was the oldest with a sigh as he turned to unlock the front door. It was flung open immediately and Baekhyun was met with three sad faces. Kyungsoo seemed to be stuck to Kai’s side, shivering into the younger’s leather jacket. Sehun threw himself at Baekhyun, wrapping the Baekhyun’s arms around him and muttering, “It’th tho coold Baekie.” It would have been an understatement to say that Baekhyun was surprised as he closed the door. He had expected them to be sporting expressions of rage and anger rather than the pathetic little puppies he got instead. Puppies? Why was everything to do with puppies with him? He truly wondered about his mind sometimes.

“Sehun-ah, do you have a jumper in your overnight bag?” Asked Baekhyun, a little worried at how heavily the youngest was shivering. Baekhyun may have been small and skinny but Sehun had a very slim figure and it didn’t seem like the younger had enough flesh to truly insulate his body. Sehun shook his head with a pout. Baekhyun looked over his shoulder at where Suho was slowly rising from his hiding place with a guilty smile. “Hyung, I’m going to take Sehun to get one of your jumpers.” Suho looked as though he had just been told that there wouldn’t be Christmas that year, his eyes wide and his mouth turned down as his eyebrows pushed together. “No buts hyung.” Baekhyun said as he began hopping towards the stairs, guiding Sehun. When they reached the bottom of the stairs Sehun seemed to notice Baekhyun’s limp and apologised while wrapping his arm around Baekhyun’s waist. Baekhyun could practically feel the daggers that Chanyeol was mentally throwing at them.

“Stop glaring at Sehun-ah’s arm Channie.” Baekhyun called with a grin without turning around. He heard a faint huff but just laughed as he and Sehun went to Suho’s room.  Once they were there Sehun let out a shocked gasp, bringing his hand to his mouth. Baekhyun was used to the décor but to someone who had never seen it before it could seem a little, obsessive. There were unicorns everywhere. The walls were powder blue with a strip of beautifully painted unicorns prancing around the walls just below the white ceiling. The lamp shade was adorned with purple manes and pearly white horns. Baekhyun had once counted a total of 57 stuffed unicorn toys around his room. After a moment of totally gorming out Sehun plonked himself down on the edge of the bed as Baekhyun waddled over to Suho’s closet. Baekhyun opened the pine closet and began shuffling through Suho’s huge collection of jumpers, looking for one that was both warm and that Sehun would like. He decided on an orange and cream stripy, thick and cosy woollen jumper. He loved the feel of the fabric between his fingers, the softness encasing his fingers in warmth. He hobbled over to where Sehun was sat and handed him the jumper, sitting himself down beside him.

Baekhyun decided that then was as good a time as any to ask what he had wondered earlier on in the evening. Once Sehun had pulled the thick material over his head and pushed his arms though the sleeves Baekhyun began to speak. “Sehun-ah.” Sehun looked up at him, his head tilted slightly like a puppy. Puppies again?

“Mmm Baekie-hyung?” He asked with a smile, crinkling his eyes into little half moons.

“Well I was wondering if I could ask you something.” Sehun nodded his head and so Baekhyun continued. “You know earlier you were telling us about that girl who likes you right? Well, I might be wrong, but it seemed like you were really, I don’t know, uncomfortable with the idea. I just thought that maybe the reason was that you, maybe, didn’t like girls?” Baekhyun looked up at Sehun to find that he was staring down at his own fingers which were winding their way in and out of themselves nervously. “I…” The maknae started before trailing off again. Baekhyun took one of his hands in his own to stop Sehun nervously wringing his fingers.

“Sehun-ah, listen to me. You know that I am gay so if you are I have no problem with it, and if you’re not I don’t mind either. Hell, you could be aual for all I care. You know you can tell me and that I won’t tell anyone.” Baekhyun spoke softly, making sure that Sehun trusted his words enough to speak.

“Well I don’t really know hyung.” He looked down again and Baekhyun saw his cheeks flame red. He squeezed the younger’s hand in encouragement. “It’s just, well I don’t really find myself attracted to girls in that way but there aren’t any guys that I like either. But I think that I do like guys and maybe I just haven’t found the right one yet…but I don’t know Baekie-hyung. “ He pouted as he looked up, confusion wreaking havoc in his eyes.

“Someday you will see a guy that makes you stop dead in your tracks and have to look twice, maybe your eyes will meet across a crowded room. Or maybe you will meet someone who over time you will grow to like as more that a friend. You might even find a girl that you like. But don’t worry Sehun-ah, you will find someone, I promise.” Baekhyun squeezed Sehun’s hand again for emphasis.

“Pinky swear?” Sehun offered his littlest finger to Baekhyun.

“Pinky swear.” Baekhyun confirmed as he wrapped his own finger around Sehun’s with a warm smile. “Right we better get back downstairs before Chanyeol starts having a jealousy fit.” Sehun giggled and nodded. Baekhyun heaved himself off of the bed and clapped a hand on Sehun’s shoulder before limping out the room.

Baekhyun hopped the last few steps, landing agilely on his good foot, calling out to the room, “Sorry we took so long, but we were up having hot promiscuous on Suho’s bed.” He locked eyes with Chanyeol and smirked, raising one eyebrow in a challenge. “I’m great in the sack aren’t I Sehun-ah?” Baekhyun asked, keeping his eyes on Chanyeol.

“I…err…umm..” Sehun mumbled incoherently.

“See! He’s speechless.” Baekhyun grinned and patted Sehun on the back. “Right, Suho, you make a fire to warm this place up and Kyung and I will make the cookies!” Baekhyun grabbed Kyungsoo’s arm and dragged him into the kitchen. It was only separated from the living room by a counter but the slight distance would mean that they could…talk.