Always so sweaty

The competition

“Good Baek. Much better, just make sure to really stretch your fingers with the arm movements.” Kai corrected, smiling widely at a panting and sweaty Baekhyun. Baekhyun had requested Kai’s help with his dancing. He was a fair dancer but he was under no delusions that his dancing skills could match his singing. In the same manner, he would always help the younger dancer with his singing. He and Kai had been practicing for about three hours, on top of their practice at the company during the school day, and Baekhyun was really feeling the aches in his muscles and the sweat dripping down from his forehead and dampening his hair. Even though they had only started learning the dance a week before they only had another two weeks to perfect it to the utmost precision.

The song the company had chosen was mirotic, a song by one of the company’s more senior groups, TVXQ. The dance had been adapted fantastically for twelve and Baekhyun was actually really impressed at how the dance seemed to manage to give all twelve of them the same amount of front time for showing their skills. It was really well choreographed and he could only hope that his dancing could live up to it and make the dance as good as he knew it could be.

Baekhyun flopped onto the floor as Kai’s phone started ringing out what sounded suspiciously like a bunch of chickens clucking and the younger boy jogged over to his bag to answer it. He fell onto his back, one leg bent at the knee and the other sprawled out across the floor, his arms lying out either side of his body as he tried to cool himself on the cold wood.

“Hi hyung!” Baekhyun could tell immediately from Kai’s hyperactive and ever so slightly aegyo filled voice that it was Kyungsoo on the other end of the phone. Baekhyun laughed, he swore this boy was either oozing ual vibes or acting like a toddler. There was no in between with Kai, well, it was very rare at least. “Sure! I just have to shower so I’ll meet you there in half an hour, okay? Okay. Love you, bye.” Kai dropped his phone back into his back and turned back to face Baekhyun with pink cheeks and a shy smile.

“Where’s he taking you today, Lover boy?” Baekhyun asked with a grin. Kai stuck his tongue out but Baekhyun could tell by his increasing blush that he had been correct in his assumption that Kyungsoo was taking him out.

“He said it’s a surprise.” Kai said sheepishly when Baekhyun wouldn’t relent with his questioning, quirked eyebrow.

“Oooh, you love surprises! What if he’s organised a private production of swan lake for the two of you? Or a ? Or a proposal!” Baekhyun yelled out excitedly, his mind going wild with ideas of what the surprise could be. Okay, maybe he was lying when he said that Kai loved surprises, maybe that was him and he was just a little jealous that he didn’t have one.

“Hyu-ung.” Kai whined, dragging out the word with a pout as he stuffed his clothes into his bag and changed his shoes, pulling a hoody over his torso. “Don’t be stupid.”

“You’re right.” Kai’s nod of approval quickly turned into a glare as Baekhyun continued with. “If Kyung was to have a he would clearly ask me first.”

“Yah! Don’t you…” Kai was cut off when his phone buzzed and a light smile pushed onto his lips as he read the text. Baekhyun couldn’t help but to grin at his friend.

“Yah, go get your to Kyungie.” Baekhyun laughed. Kai nodded, seeming to forget his jovial anger as he nodded and pushed the door open.

“Oh and Kai?” Baekhyun called out after him. Kai popped his head around the door with a questioning look. “Tell Kyung I said hi.” Baekhyun said with a wink, cackling to himself as Kai huffed and stormed from the room. That boy was far too easy to tease Baekhyun thought to himself. He would have to apologise to Kai later, he a lot more sensitive than Baekhyun would have thought when he first met him.

Baekhyun sighed as he rolled his head from side to side and puffed out his lips, his fingers tapping a gentle rhythm into the wood below him. He was bored, yes, but he really wasn’t sure whether his desire to get up and rid himself of boredom was greater than his desire to do nothing. Eventually, with a groan he sat up, his skin peeling rather unattractively from where he had stuck his sweat coated skin to the wood. “Lovely.” He mumbled. He pushed himself up and lethargically stuffed all of his things into his bag after a long swig of water, revelling in the cool liquid flowing down his throat. He flicked off the lights and closed the door to the practice room, locking the door behind him and shoving the key into his pocket. He slipped his hoodie on over his tank top and began to walk through the deserted school corridors. It was already seven in the evening and there was an almost eerie darkness about the school that was usually filled with the loud, bubbling chatter of pubescent teens.

The school’s dance teacher had convinced the head to allow the six boys to have keys to the one practice room on the condition that were anything to happen to it the expenses would come out of their own pocket. Grateful for a space to practice the boys had snapped up the agreement, happy to keep the place clean and tidy so long as they could continue their practices. Baekhyun had found out from Chen that although their school hadn’t been so accommodating, Lay actually had a dance practice room in his house. Baekhyun couldn’t deny that he really wanted to see Lay’s house now, it must be ing huge!

Baekhyun swung his bag back and forth on his shoulder as he strolled down the street, his energy was back and he was feeling light and refreshed after such a productive day. He took a deep lung full of air, his nose twitching a little at the smell of car fumes and the slight tang of chemicals; it was nothing like the fresh, clean air at his Grandmother’s house. Shrugging off that thought he skipped passed his own gate and continued on into the night. It wasn’t like anyone was going to be waiting for him anyway.

He slipped his phone out of his pocket and sent a quick text to Chanyeol to tell him he was coming over. A worried reply came not even ten seconds later, Baekhyun hadn’t even had the time to slip his phone back into his sweats pocket.

From: Chanyeollie <3

Baek, why are you out in the dark alone! Where are you? I’ll come pick you up xxx

Baekhyun laughed at the text. Chanyeol really was very protective over him. He couldn’t really blame him, what with what had happened before when he walked home alone in the dark, but Chanyeol had to learn when his protective gestures and when they weren’t. For instance, right now, Baekhyun was walking down the suburban streets he had lived his whole life walking. He had walked here as a five year old, searching for a friend to play with as his parents never had the time. He sent back what he liked to think was a reassuring text.

To: Chanyeollie <3

up Yeol, I’m fine. Wait at the door if you must. Be there in five. Love you! Xxx

To: Chanyeollie <3

*Shut

Baekhyun happily flounced the rest of the way, jogging up the pathway to Chanyeol’s door. He was about to knock when the door opened quickly before him and he was immediately gathered into a tight hug, courtesy of the giant he called his boyfriend. Baekhyun buried his head happily in the younger’s chest as he heard the door being shut behind him. He could feel the warmth of the house wrap around his body and suddenly became all too aware of something.

“Channie.” Baekhyun whined, his voice full of aegyo as he spoke, his fingers unintentionally clutching at the fabric of Chanyeol’s plaid shirt. “I’m all sweaty and hot.” He pushed his lips out in a pout and looked up with wide, innocent eyes, his chin resting on Chanyeol’s chest as he blinked cutely. Chanyeol’s cheeks flamed red and he began to stutter out an unintelligible response, “Uhh-umm-uuh-I…”

Baekhyun pushed out of the younger’s hold and walked away from him down the hall, pulling his hoodie slowly from his almost bare torso just before he turned the corner into the living room, dropping the item of clothing onto the floor. He got a quick view of Chanyeol gulping loudly, eyes trained on his damp shoulder blades before he rounded the corner, swaying his hips tauntingly.

“My mum’s not here tonight.” Chanyeol called out as he scampered after Baekhyun like an excited puppy. 

 

A/N: I'm sorry for the wait. It may or may not come as a surprise given the number of chapters this fic has but I really have no idea what will be in the next chapters until I actually sit down to write them so I am sorry If they all seem a little filler-ish. Never mind, there's my excuse ^w^

Thank you to every one who has subscribed, commented and upvoted! I love and thank you all!

Until the next update, I leave you with Baekyeol ~*~*~*

tumblr_mzvckwxpVj1qm0i9bo1_500.png

tumblr_n00htrcSpc1rxwjcmo2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n026t9mjaf1qgnxifo1_500.png

So pretty! Okay Bye ~~