Who is this?

The competition

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol arrived at the restaurant right on time. Luckily for them it wasn’t too far from Baekhyun’s house so the cute couple didn’t get too many disapproving looks from the way that Chanyeol’s arms were wrapped around Baekhyun’s body. Only when they reached the dark brown double doors of their favourite restaurant did Chanyeol let Baekhyun’s feet once again touch ground. Chanyeol rested a steadying hand on Baekhyun’s waist as the smaller boy plugged his arms into his crutches. The initial thrill of being able to swing himself around had worn off and now he just found it irritating having to lug his body weight around. He was just leaning down to pick up his bags that had tumbled onto the pavement when they were swept out from under him. He looked up at Chanyeol with a frown.

“Hey I can carry those Channie!” He didn’t want to seem incapable, and he wasn’t. Chanyeol just stuck his tongue out and held the bags above Baekhyun’s head. Baekhyun glared at the levitated bags, refusing to sink so low as to jump for them. Chanyeol grinned and tucked the bags under his right arm before tucking Baekhyun under his left. Baekhyun gave his boyfriend one last half-hearted punch to the arm before letting the taller guide him inside.

The walked into the main room to find it decorated like it usually was. Red walls with dark mahogany tongue and grove snaking up to half way. Dark wooden table surrounded by red and purple cushioned chairs. The lighting was dim and had that candle light glow that Baekhyun tended to associate with a crackling wood fire. There was a strong and welcoming smell of wholesome food and candles. Baekhyun had always loved this restaurant and had dragged Kyungsoo and Sehun here for special occasions for as long as he could remember. It would be the first time that they were dining there with three other people in addition to themselves. Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol to find the orange haired boy looking around intently trying to spot their friends. Baekhyun just grinned at him, nodding his head towards the far side of the room before hobbling away. Baekhyun had to move quite slowly to manoeuvre his way around the chairs and coats that littered the floor around people’s tables, but after a couple of minutes he had reached the old, mahogany door that lead to one of the private back dining rooms.

Baekhyun pushed through the door with Chanyeol close behind.

“Finally!” Kyungsoo groaned exasperatedly as the two entered the room.

“Ya! Shut it Kyung, we’re not late!” Baekhyun growled before grinning at his best friend. His smile turned softer as he faced Suho, “Happy Birthday Hyung! Here…” He leaned his crutches against the back of his chair and snatched his bag off of Chanyeol, delving his hand deep into the confines of the backpack in search of Suho’s present. He felt his fingers graze the strangely smooth surface of the wrapping paper and he drew it out of the bag, handing it to his friend. “…I hope you like it.” Suho practically squealed as he accepted the gift and added it to the small pile at the end of the table.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol settled in their seats as Suho began handing menus to Sehun, Kai and Chanyeol. Sehun looked at his hyung in confusion, “Hyung why have you only given them to uth?” He asked with one eyebrow quirked upward.

“Because we know what we want. Now choose, we’re hungry!” Kyungsoo cut in cheekily. Sehun pouted before focusing on the menu before him. After barely 10 seconds of looking Kai and Chanyeol were snapping their menus shut and clasping their hands together in anticipation of their meal. Baekhyun watched with a smile as Sehun looked up at his hyungs, his bottom lip held between his thumb and forefinger and his forehead creased with worry as he tried to decide. Baekhyun reached across the table and patted the maknae’s hand with an encouraging smile. “Take as long as you need Sehun-ah.” Sehun still looked a little unhappy that he was holding everyone up but smiled and nodded anyway as he looked back at the menu. A few moments later Sehun had decided and Suho bounced over to the wall beside the door, pressing the button that would ring for a waitress or waiter.  

“You’ll love the food here guys, it’s even better than Kyungsoo’s, right Suho.” Suho grinned, sticking his tongue out at Kyungsoo who was frowning with his arms crossed tightly.

“Nothing tastes better than your food Kyung…or better than you…” Kai chuckled  under his breath, winking at Kyungsoo who blushed slightly before returning the younger’s wink with a smirk of his own.

“Hey guys! Your back, it’s Suho’s birthday this time right? Oh new people?” A young woman walked in, she looked like she was a year or two older than the boys and had a bright smile. Her hair was short, blond and glossy, falling in waves and ending above her narrow shoulders. Her eyes became crescent moons as she smiled at the party of six. “Baek!” She squealed as she hurried over to Baekhyun.

“Noona!” He called back. He could feel his grin splitting his face in two as he hopped up onto one foot so that he could embrace his friend. She wrapped her thin arms around him and squeezed him half to death, he could feel his breath restricting from the strength of her hug.

“How have you been?” He asked as she finally released him from her iron grip. “How’s college?”

“It’s really great! I love it, but I miss seeing you guys in here, it’s been ages.” She pouted playfully before laughing. “Oh, Baek, what happened to your leg?” She asked, noticing the bandages wrapped around his ankle and the crutches propped on his chair. He shook her question off with a wave.

“It’s nothing, it’s nearly completely healed.” She smiled in relief and pinched one of his cheeks. It hurt a little but he couldn’t help himself from laughing.

“Sunny Noonaaaa.” Suho whined from the other side of the table, “We all know you like Baekhyun-ah most but it’s my birthday, don’t I get a hug?” He asked, with what was a half ridiculous and half adorable pout. She laughed a lilting, bell chime like chuckle before moving around the table to properly greet Suho. Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun all wore that befuddled out of the loop expression on their faces once more.

“Sorry, I don’t want to sound rude, but who’s this?” Kai asked, one eyebrow raised on his perfectly smooth forehead.

“Ah, Kai, Chanyeol, Sehun, this is Sunny, Sunny this is Kai, Sehun and my boyfriend Chanyeol.” Baekhyun announced with a smile, pointing to the appropriate people and blushing as he indicated Chanyeol.

“Kai’s my boyfriend!” Kyungsoo interjected proudly, “And isn’t he gorgeous.” Kyungsoo grabbed Kai’s chin and pulled it up so that he could plant a quick yet awkwardly intimate kiss on his boyfriend’s mouth.  Kai grinned into the kiss enthusiastically. Sunny jumped up and down happily clapping her hands before her in a similar fashion that Baekhyun was used to seeing on Chanyeol.

“I’m so happy for you guys! Suho, have you not found yourself a unicorn man yet?” Sunny asked, making Suho blush at how well she knew him. “Not yet.” Suho replied with a sigh. “Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll meet him sooner than you think.” She lightly ruffled his hair into his eyes.

“So Chanyeol, are you good enough for my Baek then?” She asked with a gentle smile. Baekhyun slid his hand into Chanyeol’s and looked down at the younger saying, “He’s more than good enough.” Chanyeol beamed back at him and squeezed his hand in return.

“Tho how do you know my hyungth Thunnie?” Sehun asked, eyes wide and with the most innocent face imaginable. She giggled and pinched his cheek which made Sehun blush and smile shyly, “Well I am Suho’s cousin…”

“And Baekhyun’s ex-girlfriend.” Kyungso cut in. Baekhyun felt as though his flesh was crawling with fuzzy tingles as suddenly 3 very shocked pairs of eyes were glued to him, while 3 other pairs of eyed were happily smiling at him. He looked over to see Chanyeol’s jaw slack, face frozen with surprise. Baekhyun cleared his throat awkwardly, “So shall we order then?”