walk this way

The competition

 

Baekhyun started and rolled ungracefully out of his bed as the harsh blaring of Chanyeol’s phone alarm sounded through the room. He groaned, scratching his head with one hand as the other went down to pat his floor bumped bum. A long, drawn out yawn rasped its way out of his throat as he looked around groggily. He fumbled a hand above his head on his night stand, fingers grasping about for the cause of the offending noise. A dull thud on the carpet beside him told him that Chanyeol’s phone had careered to the floor due to his prying fingers. He looked blearily at the glowing screen, his eyelids feeling as though they had been super-glued over the few hours of sleep he’d managed. He quickly shut off the alarm and looked at the time, , he thought as he saw that it was already 7:45.

Suddenly wide awake he sprung from the floor in a tangle of limbs, rushing for the bathroom. In five minutes flat he had showered as was back in his bedroom. He glanced over at the bed, noticing the still immobile lump that had been all night, and was still, hogging all of his duvet, clutched around his tall, balled up frame. Grabbing a magazine from his desk he quickly rolled it into a tube and proceeded to whack the lump in his bed with it, “Up Channie, Up! We’re late!” He practically yelled. It may seem as though he was being a bit harsh to the boy who was deep in what was probably a very dreamy slumber, but Baekhyun knew what it took to get Chanyeol up and what he was doing was being gentle in comparison to what his giant usually needed.

All that was heard from the pile of blankets was a deep grumble and a slight shuffle before silence was once again grating at Baekhyun’s ears. “Gah!” He yelled out as he grabbed the bottom of the covers and tugged them in one swift motion from Chanyeol’s body. The tall, orange haired giant had worn a pair of Baekhyun’s pyjama bottoms to bed and they were resting comically half way up his shins, unable to stretch any further down his long legs. As he chucked off the blanket he couldn’t help but giggle as Chanyeol’s toes curled up, one arm came to wrap around his bunched up knees and his free arm came up so that he could curl his forefinger around his long, straight nose. No matter how endearing Baekhyun found it, it did nothing to calm his frustration.

Feeling a breeze pass over his exposed, slightly damp shoulders he shivered. Glancing down he noticed that he was still in his towel and an idea came to him. He hurriedly crawled up the bed and pushed Chanyeol down so that he was lying flat and Baekhyun was perched comfortably on his stomach. Baekhyun chuckled at the sight of Chanyeol’s tightly and stubbornly shut eyes. He knew that the younger was awake, he just didn’t want to be.

“Channie get up now.” He said politely.

“Mffgh don’t want to…” Chanyeol grumbled childishly, trying weekly to push Baekhyun off and curl back up. Baekhyun just grabbed his weakly shoving hands and held them down before leaning in to Chanyeol’s ear.

“Chan…” He let his breath ghost over Chanyeol’s ear, “I’m not wearing anything.” Chanyeol’s eyes flung open and he wrenched his body into a sitting position. Baekhyun, expecting that reaction, luckily managed to sit up too so that they could avoid another nose bleed incident. Baekhyun laughed at Chanyeol’s expression as the younger let his eyes rake over Baekhyun’s body. Baekhyun leant in and placed a sweet kiss on Chanyeol’s soft, warm lips before hopping off of his lap. “Now that you’re up, get dressed.” He said with a loving smile before ruffling about in his wardrobe.”

After a few minutes of Him and Chanyeol bumbling about the room in a rush he had managed to slip into his black school skinny jeans and was swathed in his white shirt, tie and blazer. He checked the time, it had only been ten minutes since he fell out of bed, that had to have been a record for him.

“Wait, Channie I need to dry my hair and do my face and wake Sehun and Luhan, ahh there’s not enough time!” Baekhyun wailed frantically as he looked around the room, trying to figure out what to do first. Chanyeol placed a large, warm hand on his shoulder and pushed him down into his desk chair before plugging in the hairdryer and handing Baekhyun a stick of eyeliner. “You do your face and I’ll do your hair. We’ll be down waking the others in no time.” Chanyeol said as he placed a light kiss to the top of Baekhyun’s head. Baekhyun smiled and nodded, drawing his mirror closer to tend to his eyes as his lanky boyfriend set about drying his hair. Baekhyun finished his eyes in less than a minute, so well-practiced that even the quick work was immaculate. He looked up through lightly black rimmed eyes to watch Chanyeol’s face in his mirror. The younger had his cute, pink tongue sticking out as he had his full concentration set on drying and styling Baekhyun’s hair just right. The sight made Baekhyun’s heart swell before he knew it the hair dryer was off and Chanyeol was asking him why he was smiling so widely. He just shook off the question as he wound his fingers around Chanyeol’s and tugged him out of the door and down the stairs.

Tumbling groggily into the sitting room Baekhyun was met with the cutest sight he had seen in a long while, well besides when Chanyeol is sleepy in the evenings. Throughout the night the masses of duvets and blankets had been pushed down to the end of the sofa-bed. Luhan was curled into a tight ball, tucked into Sehun’s side, his head resting atop Sehun’s chest, with wayward blonde locks spreading across the younger’s thick blue jumper. Sehun was turned in toward Luhan, is arms wrapped tightly around the elder’s small frame, his head resting so that his lips were brushing Luhan’s hair in his sleep. Sehun was lightly kicking one of his feet in his sleep, much as you would imagine a puppy or bunny to do and Luhan was spewing soft and lulling snores. Baekhyun didn’t want to wake them, they were just too cute, but he knew he had to.

“You do Sehun, I’ll do Luhan.” Baekhyun said to Chanyeol who gave him a jubilant affirmative nod. As Chanyeol snuck around the back of the Sofa to most likely violently wake Sehun up Baekhyun crept closer to Luhan. He gently shook the older boy by his arm. Luhan’s snores stuttered a bit before stopping completely as he rubbed his nose lightly and he opened his wide, lantern like eyes. His shock at seeing Baekhyun set into a smile which then turned into a pretty pink blush as he noticed how he was wrapped up in Sehun’s arms. Luhan looked around sleepily, Baekhyun could tell that he was avoiding his gaze and the questions that would ensue. As the elder’s eyes fell on Chanyeol stalking towards Sehun with outstretched arms and a creepy smile Luhan hurriedly patted Sehun on the chest and whispered, “Sehun-ah, wake up.” To save him from the embarrassment of being scared awake by Chanyeol.  

Sehun jolted awake and smiled as he saw Luhan, drawing him closer. Baekhyun coughed loudly and the two sprang apart, both red in the face and with wide, shocked eyes. “We’re really late so get dressed quick. Channie and I will make breakfast while you change so hop to it. We have to leave for the school to go to SM in fifteen minutes.” Sehun scrambled off of the sofa-bed at Baekhyun’s words and Luhan’s eyes got, if possible, even wider. Sehun dragged Luhan off upstairs as Baekhyun and Chanyeol went leisurely through to the kitchen. They whipped up some toast and coffee, Chanyeol spreading and Baekhyun pouring. By the time Luhan and Sehun had returned, panting and skidding to a stop in the doorway, the table was piled high with crumbly, buttery toast and the smell of coffee was thick in the air. As they all sat down to eat Luhan timidly spoke.

“Umm, how will I get to SM?” He asked, knowing slightly on his lower lip. Sehun just smiled and reached out to grasp his fingers over the table.

“The minibuth ith full but you can thit on my lap.” He said with a cute wink. Luhan just blushed and nibbled on his toast, nodding gently. Baekhyun felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and drew it out, sliding to unlock before opening his message, it was from Suho.

 

From Suho-hyung:

To: Baekhyun:

Hey Baek, I am getting to SM a different way today so I’ll meet you there. Can you tell the others? See you soon! X

 

Baekhyun typed out a small consenting reply before looking up at the others. “Looks like you won’t need to sit on Sehun’s lap Luhan. We have a free seat today.” Baekhyun said, giggling as Sehun pouted at the news.

“Why? Who won’t be there?” Sehun asked, almost grumpily.

“Suho’s getting there some other way, he said he’ll meet us there. It’s a bit strange but oh well.” Baekhyun said with a shrug, though in his head he was busily planning his interrogation of his hyung for when he saw him. Finishing off his toast and slurping down his hot and refreshing coffee, Baekhyun pushed away from the table and put everyone’s plates into the sink before ushering them all out of the house.

One walk, one bus ride, three cute couples, one angry bus driver and fifty minutes later they arrived at SMentertainment. It was just as clean and shiny as he remembered. The glass panelling leading into the reception glistening like crystal in the cold winter’s sunlight. Pushing through the immaculate glass door Baekhyun noticed that the EXO M members were already there, minus Luhan of course. But why were there still six? That was when Baekhyun realised that the one sitting on the pristine white sofa beside Lay was in fact Suho and by sitting beside, he meant right beside. They were practically welded together. Suho’s warm eyes were focused on Lay’s and the two seemed to be lost within each other’s gaze. It wasn’t until Xiumin called out to Luhan with a cute little wave that Suho looked up and noticed Baekhyun staring at him with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. Boy was he going to hear why Suho had travelled with them and he was expecting all the details from his hyung. Suho seemed to realise what Baekhyun’s smile meant as he blushed and nodded slightly.

“We brought Luhan like you asked…just don’t hurt Suho! We’ll trade them at the same time, come on Suho walk this way… slowly now…” Chanyeol said dramatically as he held Luhan in front of him. Baekhyun burst into giggles and leaned up to kiss Chanyeol on the cheek, the younger blushed and grinned at him. This was going to be a good day. 

A/N: Sorry not much happened but I have been revsing all day and ajfskgrjeiofdk yada yada yada, anyway hope you enjoyed :)