I saw an angel

The competition

 

Suho's POV

“Ah yes, if you and the other boys would take a seat in that area over there, someone will be coming by to give you a tour in a few minutes.” The young woman said from behind the counter with a radiant smile. Suho smiled back, trying to give off a charming feel without seeming overly friendly. He inclined his head in a subtle, yet respectful bow before turning back to the others.

“Hey guys, we have to wait over there where those sofas are.” He said, with an excited grin. Kai and Kyungsoo nodded and walked straight off towards the plush, cushioned sofas whereas Baekhyun and Chanyeol took a bit off a push to get moving, always trapped in their own little world. Suho smiled at the two of them; along with Kai and Kyungsoo, they were so lucky to have each other. Suho began to walk after them before noticing that a certain, tall, bubbly maknae wasn’t with him. He turned to find Sehun stood in the exact same spot he had been in before he himself had talked to the receptionist. Suho slipped his hand through the loop of Sehun’s arm and looked up at his face only to find the maknae starry eyed and gormless, mouth agape and eyes popping. He frowned at the expression and followed the younger’s line of sight.

His gaze fell upon a slight and dainty blonde with perfect almost elfish features and doe like eyes. The blonde was a little taller than himself with sparkling eyes and a radiant smile as he bent over laughing. Suho could see why Sehun was staring, the boy was truly and undeniably beautiful, he wasn’t however Suho’s type. He looked back to Sehun; he didn’t seem to have even noticed that he was there at all. Suho let out a resigned sigh about to tug Sehun into awareness when he heard something.

“Luhan.” The voice was melodious and smooth, not too deep yet not too high either. It was tingle inducing and Suho was undoubtedly feeling the effects. He brought his gaze back up to land upon the boy who was pulling on the blonde, supposedly named Luhan’s, arm. His skin was white as snow and incomparably smooth, deepening to a rosy pink which gave way to his pearlescent teeth. His nose was straight and long, elegantly lengthening his features. His cocoa, almond shaped eyes were framed with a sweeping fringe of chocolate brown which danced across his face as a breeze rustled the smooth, straight locks.

His hand slid down Sehun’s arm, as his mind drew a blank as to what his aim had been. Just he had seen the younger entranced by the blonde not seconds before, he was now entirely unaware of anything but the crinkling smile and bright eyes of the boy before him. He knew that the two of them would appear really creepy and erted by staring but for the first time he didn’t care about his image. He didn’t care about having the perfectly polite smile or appropriately inclined head. For now it was enough for him to have his mouth agape and eyes wide as long as he was able to look upon the beautiful being.

The blonde, Luhan, looked away from Sehun towards the angel who had called his name. “Yes Yixing?” He said with a distracted smile, eyes travelling quickly back to Sehun for just a second. So that was his name, Yixing…It was beautiful and it matched him completely. Suddenly Suho was snapped from his clouded and fluffy thoughts, as he was quite literally dragged backwards along with an equally surprised Sehun. He glanced over his shoulder with wide eyes to see Kai pulling on the lapel of his blazer with a smirk, dragging Sehun’s bag strap in his other hand. Suho stumbled a few steps back before losing his footing. His stomach lurched violently as he fell backward, groaning with an, “Ooof.” When his bum hit the hard floor. “Ya, Kai wae?!” He grumbled, reaching back to hit Kai around the shins. He halted his movement mid hit when a milky hand accosted his vision. The hand was smooth and pale, tilted palm up in offering. Suho’s gaze travelled up the hand to the wrist which was wrapped in several identical black bands, the strong yet slender forearm showing from beneath the folded blazer sleeve. His eyes lifted higher until they stopped on the face of Yixing. Crap. Suho felt his cheeks flame as the realisation came to him, that had probably been the worst first impression he had even given, and it had to be to someone he felt butterflies for. Someone who made his belly warm and his cheeks flush. The pale hand fluttered its fingers impatiently and Suho cleared his head as he grasped the hand with his signature smile, trying to regain at least a slither of respect.

Yixing pulled him to his feet and smiled at him, Suho felt his heart clench at the sight. What was this feeling? He had never felt like this before, he could feel a slight headache forming from where he was knotting his eyebrows together in thought. A feather light touch brought him back to his senses as he looked up. Yixing had his hand resting on his shoulder as he looked into his eyes.

“Are you alright?” He asked with a slight accent. “You seemed to fall quite hard.” Suho coughed and blushed non-existent dust off of his trousers while smiling, trying to regain some dignity.

“Ah, no, thank you but I am fine.” He tried to look up and meet Yixing’s gaze but as soon as their eyes met he felt his heart and face rush warmth and he instinctively looked down to the floor. He knew that he must have come across really shy but, he just couldn’t help it. The same hand appeared in front of his vision again and he looked up in confusion.

“I’m Yixing.” The boy said with a warm grin. Oh, he was offering to shake his hands, stupid Suho, why didn’t he see that before? Now he looked even sillier. He grasped the hand firmly and shook, “Suho.” He said.

“Hey unicorn!” Another accented voice called from a few feet away. Suho perked up at the word and looked over to find where the reference to unicorns was coming. That was when the beauty before him caught him even further by surprise by answering, “Yes Lu?” Wait what? Yixing was nicknamed unicorn? It was official, he was in love.

“Kris wants to give us a talk before the lady comes.” Luhan replied. Yixing sighed, was that disappointment Suho saw flitting across his face? If it was it was soon masked by his ever lovely smile. “I’m sorry, I have to go. It was lovely meeting you.” Yixing said, and with a light squeeze to the hand he was still holding he slipped off toward Luhan. Suho turned around in a daze and waddled over to his team. That had to be the most wonderful, embarrassing, confusing encounters he had ever had.

As he reached his friends he noticed the smirk on Kai’s face and glared fiercely at the younger. That just made Kai laugh more. Baekhyun tugged lightly on his sleeve and Suho looked over at him. He had one eyebrow raised and a gentle smile. “He’s gorgeous hyung, I am so glad you finally found someone you like.” The younger whispered in his ear so that only the two of them could hear. How did he know? He was about to refute the idea when he realised that he couldn’t, Baekhyun was right, as usual.  He sighed heavily and whispered back, “Yeah, the first time I really like someone and I up royally.” He pouted and looked to his feet. Why did he have to fail so much. Baekhyun just squeezed his arm before returning to his permanent location glued to Chanyeol’s side. He walked over and plonked himself down beside Sehun on one of the sofas and linked their fingers together.

“I think I jutht thaw an angel hyung.” Sehun said with wide, awe filled eyes.

“Me too Sehunnie,” Suho sighed, “Me too.”

A/N: Sorry It took so long and is short!! I have mock exams this week and it's hell so I have had no time. I will try and update properly over the weekend. Sorry again!