Noses

The competition

 

“That’s great, but don’t forget to stretch out that last note just a little longer.” Baekhyun repeated the last line and their vocal coach grinned at him, “Perfect. Okay Chen you try it.” Chen sang the verse that they had been practicing almost flawlessly, making goose bumps spread their way up Baekhyun’s arms. Their coach seemed to be about mid-twenties and was wearing a spotty blue and white shirt with a bow tie and a neat navy blue blazer. He was smart and adorable at the same time and had an attitude to match, though Baekhyun was sure that he would be perfectly capable of being strict if he needed to. He wouldn’t have gotten a job at SM otherwise. They had been practicing for just over two hours but the time had flown by. It was brilliant, so that MinHyun – their vocal coach – could get a proper understanding of the boys’ vocal ranges and abilities they had been singing a wide variety of genres, from rap, which they decided immediately to steer away from, to ballads, which seemed to be a strong point for both boys as they could truly show their incredible talents.

As Chen finished the last high note of Halo by Beyoncé, both Baekhyun and MinHyun simultaneously cringing at the terribly mispronounced English while also marvelling at his strong voice, Minhyun glanced at his watch. “Ah, that’s the end of today’s session guys, I’m sorry it over ran a little due to the late start.” Baekhyun bowed and grinned.

“No worries, I had a really great time, thank you very much Hyung.” Chen followed suit and bowed at their hyung, his words slightly less polite, “Thanks.”

“No problem guys, it was my pleasure. You two really do have some incredible talent, I feel like there is no point in me even coaching you, but I guess that there is always room for improvement. Okay, I’ve got to go, I’ll see you on Monday, have a good weekend.” Minhyun grabbed his outdoor coat from the keyboard stool and with a smile and a tilt of an imaginary hat he headed for the door.  

“You too Hyung, Bye!” Baekhyun called after the man with a smile. “Wow that was so fun, you’re so great at singing!” Baekhyun exclaimed as he turned back to Chen. Chen laughed his unusual chuckle and nodded.

“Yeah it was, but I don’t think you can say that, I mean have you heard your voice?” Chen asked rhetorically. Baekhyun however just cocked his head to the side, eyebrows slightly furrowed, “Of course I have…” He said, still confused. Only after about a minute of Chen staring at him judgingly did it click where he had made his mistake. He felt his cheeks go red as he turned away.

Taking a quick look at his watch, Baekhyun’s heart began to race and pound and his hands flapped uncontrollably. “Ahh, I was meant to be at the minibus twenty minutes ago!” Baekhyun grabbed his coat, the fur lining the hood tickling at his nose in the process. He sniffled and breathed out the fluffiness, draping the coat over his arm. Chen noted his urgency and looking at the time himself he seemed to notice that he too was late. The black haired boy grabbed his own jacket and pushed Baekhyun towards the door. Baekhyun grabbed the handle and flung the wood open, being barrelled through the doorway with Chen’s help from behind.

Baekhyun had expected to see a plain white wall and long, stretching corridors as he exited the vocal room. What he had not expected was too see his tall, slender boyfriend. Chanyeol was leaning against the wall, his auburn hair sweeping perfectly over his charcoal and caramel, almond shaped eyes and his pale skin shining brighter than the white wall it was next to. His hands were tucked into his black, jean pockets, bunching up his school blazer slightly. Wow, was all that Baekhyun could think. Did he order a model? Because damn that was what was waiting for him.

The idyllic and incomparably stunning sight of his boyfriend didn’t last long however. At the sound of the door opening Chanyeol turned with an affectionate smile, eyes crinkling adorably at Baekhyun making the older’s heart stutter and pound as his cheeks flamed. Baekhyun managed to stop his running exit before he clashed into the beauty before him. Chen however didn’t seem to have gotten the memo and stampeded out of the room, unintentionally shoving Baekhyun forwards. Baekhyun was caught off guard and mentally swore as he felt his balance go off kilter and his body pitch forward. On cracking impact the top of Baekhyun’s head smacked into Chanyeol’s nose as the two fell against the wall, panting and short of breath.

“Unghh, owww.” Chanyeol groaned as he tilted his head back. Baekhyun had his face buried in Chanyeol’s neck and had to take a moment to catch his breath and calm his pounding head and heart. He stepped away from Chanyeol but kept hold of the younger’s shoulders so that he could look at him properly. A gasp was drawn through his lips as his eyes landed on the lines of red streaking down from Chanyeol’s nose. “Ow ow ow, Baekie it hurts.” Chanyeol whined, his eyes teary and legs stomping uselessly.

“Omo, Channie I am so sorry baby, okay keep your head tilted back and hold the top of your nose.” Baekhyun said, his thumb away his boyfriend’s tears. He up and down Chanyeol’s back with his other hand, trying to sooth the younger who continued to whimper quietly.

“I’ll, umm, go get some toilet paper.” Chen said from behind them. His voice made Baekhyun jump slightly, having forgotten about his presence due to the whole nose bleed fiasco. He turned around to see Chen biting his lip and puffing his cheeks slightly. Even after knowing him for such a short time Baekhyun could tell that the mischievous cretin was holding back his evil chuckling cackle. Baekhyun shot him a glare, feeling that Chen would understand that he wasn’t really angry at him but he just needed him not to laugh. “Yeah, that’d be great Chen.” Baekhyun said, subtly jolting his head to the side to get Chen to go quickly before he was unable to contain his laughter. As Baekhyun watched the black hair disappear around the corner there was a muffled sound of laughter and Baekhyun shook his head with a smile, what an idiot.

He turned back to his boyfriend and felt his heart ache at the teary sight. “How does it feel Channie?” Baekhyun asked.

“It isn’t too bad anymore Baekie, but tell me truthfully…” Chanyeol took a deep breath as though what he was about to say was difficult for him and looked down into Baekhyun’s eyes. Baekhyun fisted his hands slightly into Chanyeol’s blazer, prepared to hang onto every word he said. “…Is my nose still straight?” Chanyeol’s face creased up and he winced away as he awaited the answer to his question.

Baekhyun just stared.

And stared.

And stared.

He stared until Chanyeol opened his tightly closed eyes to look worriedly back at his blank expression. “I-Is it really that bad? Is it squished up? Oh no…is it crooked?! Please say it isn’t true!!” Chanyeol wailed. It was then that Baekhyun broke. Laughter poured from his mouth as he bent over, resting his hands on his knees, he was sure he even snorted a little, but he really didn’t care. After a few minutes he managed to calm down and looked back up at his profusely pouting Chanyeol. He leant up onto his tiptoes, hands resting on Chanyeol’s shoulders, and placed a gentle kiss to the tip of his long, straight nose. “Your nose is perfect as ever Channie.” Baekhyun breathed into his ear before sliding his hand around to the younger’s neck and drawing his lips onto his own. It was a soft and gentle kiss, Baekhyun pulled away to look at Chanyeol, noses tip to tip as Baekhyun felt himself fall deep into the swirling pools of love and emotion that were Chanyeol’s eyes. The younger crushed his lips back onto Baekhyun’s and pushed began to move his mouth sensually. Moving in such a way that Baekhyun felt his lips being forced apart so that Chanyeol’s warm tongue could slide into his mouth and explore every detail of it. There was a strangely metallic and rusty taste to the kiss due to the blood still flowing ever so slightly onto Chanyeol’s lips. It made Baekhyun’s whole body flame as he drew himself closer, pushing Chanyeol up against the wall as he tangled his long fingers in Chanyeol’s flaming hair. Chanyeol moved his thigh up between Baekhyun’s legs and he was unable to stop the lewd moan that escaped him as the glorious friction made lust pool in his stomach. He nibbled gently on Chanyeol’s bottom lip to elicit a moan from the younger as he pushed his crotch more forcefully against Chanyeol’s thigh.

“Ahem…” The awkward fake cough behind them made the two boys spring apart. Baekhyun’s cheeks were ablaze with both lust and embarrassment as he caught sight of Chen’s immaculate raised eyebrow and his evil smirk. The boy was holding up a small black thing. Oh no, it was a phone, with a camera. A sudden thought his Baekhyun, please don’t have an , please don’t have an , please don’t have an !  He begged himself as he looked down to his crotch, sighing audibly in relief that he was safe.

“Chen, it wasn’t what it looked like…” Chen raised his eyebrow higher. “Well…okay it was, but you weren’t meant to see and…sorry.” Baekhyun looked down at his hands, shooting nervous glances at Chanyeol whose face was a patchwork of red, from his blushing cheeks to his blood stained nose and mouth. Oh lord.

“Baekhyun, you have blood on your face, you look like a vampire and it’s like Chanyeol was your last victim.” Chen said with a wicked smirk. Baekhyun’s eyes widened in embarrassment as he reached for the tissue that Chen was holding and proceeded to clean his and Chanyeol’s faces. Chanyeol’s nose had stopped bleeding by that point and he was his usual smiling self. Chen tried to take a few digs at Chanyeol jokingly at having been caught but he just grinned. “Wouldn’t you take the chance if you had this gorgeous, kind, wonderful…” Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun in to his side as Baekhyun was throwing the bloody tissues into the bin, “…hot and y guy with you?” Chanyeol said with a grin. Chen looked over at Baekhyun and let his eyes run up and down his body, Baekhyun felt himself blush and absent mindedly twiddled his thumbs. “True man, true. I cannot argue on that one.” Baekhyun playfully slapped Chen’s arm as his cheeks got even redder.

“Oh right I was going to say. Baek the others went back home in the minivan but I said that we could take the bus. Chen your friends told me to tell you to get the bus too.” Chanyeol said with a smile.

“Damn it.” Chen said, scuffing his shoes on the creamy carpet. “Should we head to the bus stop then?”

“Mmm.” Baekhyun agreed. He laced his hands with Chanyeol’s and the smooth skin if his palm with his fingers as they walked out of the building.

As they arrived at the bus stop Chen’s eyes suddenly popped. “Omo, that’s my bus! I have to go!” As he was just about to speed of towards the bus Baekhyun caught his hand. Slipping a marker pen from his pocket he quickly scribbled his phone number down on the back of his hand. Chen cocked his head, slightly confused. “Text me and we can meet up tomorrow to start planning.” Baekhyun said with a smile before shooing his new friend off to his bus. Chen managed to hop onto the vehicle just as it went pschhtt and pulled away from the curb. Chen waved from the door before weaving through the people to a seat. Not a moment later the bus was out of sight.

“What did you mean by plans?” Chanyeol asked curiously as he tugged Baekhyun by his hand to sit down next to him at the bus stop.

“Oh, well he is going to help me get Luhan and Sehun together because I don’t know Luhan and I need someone on the inside. He said that Lay has attitude and will sort out Suho for himself. I do hope so.” Baekhyun chuckled, his breath fogging before him in the cold. He slipped his hands into Chanyeol’s warm pocket and bundled himself closer to Chanyeol as the younger wrapped his arms around his shoulders and pulled him even tighter in. “Of course you will help too Yeollie, you can’t get out of it.” Baekhyun felt Chanyeol’s chest sink suddenly as he let out a puff of air, as though he was worried that he wouldn’t be included. Baekhyun leaned up and softly pressed his lips to Chanyeol’s frozen cheek. “I’m sorry again about your nose Channie, forgive me?” Baekhyun asked, letting the tip of his nose trail gently over Chanyeol’s cheek bone.

“Always.” Chanyeol replied, tucking Baekhyun’s hair behind his ear with his free hand.

“I love you Yeol.” Baekhyun smiled up at the younger.

“As I love you.” Chanyeol brought his fingers from Baekhyun’s hair to his chin to bring their lips together. As their lips met the first white flakes of soft, powdery snow fell down through the sky, illuminating the winter cold.