Norebang - part two (A kiss with a fist is better than none)

The competition

Two hours and thirty songs later the twelve boys were still happily singing and talking in their small norebang room. Baekhyun was sat on the sofa with Xiumin and Luhan chatting away while Chanyeol and Kris could be heard rapping to I remember while Chen was singing the melodies.

“Oh I have an idea!” Luhan gushed, his eyes glowing with excitement and a hint of rebellion, his normally perfectly styled blonde hair flopping slightly into his eyes due to the heat of the cramped room.

“Mmm?” Baekhyun answered absently, getting distracted as his gaze trailed to the left as he tried to figure out what was going on on the worn armchair. Sehun had his head and shoulders on the floor, his face squished awkwardly into his neck, while his body was up against the chair and his legs were spread haphazardly over the arms and the back of the chair. One of his shoes was missing from his foot but Baekhyun soon located it in Chen’s hand where he was stood over the younger, each foot perched on one of the arm rests. After a few moments of slapping weakly at Chen’s ankles, unable to reach anywhere else from his position on the floor, Sehun seemed to give up and slump further in on himself. Chen whooped out in victory and dropped the shoe into the younger’s lap before proceeding to wiggle comfortably into the chair. A sharp flick to his nose brought Baekhyun back to the two people he had been talking to, he shook off his confusion over what he had seen as he took notice of Luhan’s glare. It was rather like seeing a kitten, that had gotten its paws stuck while it was clawing at the sofa, trying to be angry but ending up looking confused and worried at the prospect of not freeing its paws. “Uhh, sorry what?” Baekhyun asked, looking guilty when Luhan glared again but smiling anyway as Xiumin just laughed at Luhan.

“As I was saying, which you would have heard if you had been listening,” Luhan looked pointedly at him again. “We should go and see if we can get some drinks from the bar.” Luhan dropped the pretence of anger and was grinning and nodding his head in a plea that Baekhyun and Xiumin would agree.

“But Han we have drinks.” Xiumin said, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he lifted the glass of cola in his hand to show Luhan. Luhan just sighed and pushed the glass back down.

“No Xiu, I mean alcoholic drinks.” Luhan said, his eyes gleaming. “We might not get served but we could at least try.” Luhan now pleaded, tugging at Baekhyun’s sleeve. Looking into those wide, deer like eyes Baekhyun felt any resolve to disapprove the idea dissolve, and he couldn’t deny that the idea was enticing. He gave a nod and laughed when Luhan squealed and bounced slightly on the sofa. “Let’s go!” Luhan bounded up off of the sofa and grabbed the two boy’s wrists, tugging them behind him out of the room. Baekhyun couldn’t help but notice that Luhan had a habit of dragging people places, it seemed that either he liked to be in control or that it was rare for anyone to want to do the things he wanted - Either way Baekhyun found it adorable, no matter that Luhan was older than him, he was still cute.

The turned left at the end of the dark, red walled hall way and found themselves back in the front bar of the building. The lights continued to flash about the room and the atmosphere had grown since they had last been in there, there were now bodies pressed against each other, dancing in the centre of the room, while rowdy groups stood clustered around tables, the delirium of alcohol thick in the air. “Act natural, like we belong here.” Luhan whispered to Baekhyun and Xiumin.

“But we don’t belong here.” Xiumin pointed out with a raised eyebrow. Luhan tugged up his collar and flicked away his fringe, “That’s why it’s called acting Xiu.” He shot back with a wink before he began strutting up to the bar, his hips swaying and wiggling to the music as he walked.

“You know how there’s gay and then there’s gay.” Xiumin whispered into Baekhyun’s ear as they followed behind the diva blonde. “Well that one is definitely gay.”

Baekhyun snorted a little as he held back his laughter before saying, “Damn straight…well, not straight.” He whispered with a giggle as back to Xiumin as the two of them joined Luhan at the bar.

“Hello, can we have twelve beers, two bottles of red wine and a bottle of vodka please.” Luhan asked the bar tender with a smile, acting as though nothing was wrong. However, no matter how natural Luhan was at ordering alcoholic beverages, the three below average height boys were not very visually convincing.

The bar tender just raised a sceptical eyebrow, “Do you have ID?” Baekhyun felt his pulse quicken, he hadn’t really expected anything else but it was worrisome none the less. His palms became sweaty as he turned to Luhan who still looked remarkably calm as he pulled out his wallet, rifling through it.

“Oh no, I think I left my driver’s licence at the police station.” Luhan gasped, looking worriedly at Baekhyun and Xiumin before sending them a wink and looking back to the bar tender with his worried mask. “You see I accidentally ran a red light earlier and it got caught on camera.” He sighed, shaking his head and leaning his elbow against the bar. “One more point and that’s my licence gone for the year you know? What a day. You don’t think you could swing me a hand just this once?” The bar tender looked torn, seeming to believe Luhan’s story but not his image, Luhan was just too small and dainty to be of age.

“Sorry dude, I understand but you need ID.” He said with a sorry shrug.

“They’re with us.” A deep gravelly voice that Baekhyun knew all too well said from behind him. He spun around to see Chanyeol and Kris stood with serious expressions and their arms crossed over their chests, both boys practically emanating the intimidating masculinity that the three other boys severely lacked. “Get the drinks would you?” Kris added in his equally deep and convincing voice. The bar tender seemed a little taken aback by the two ‘men’ and just nodded as he turned away to get the drinks. Immediately once his back was turned Chanyeol’s usual manic, happy expression was back on his face as he reached out to ruffle Baekhyun’s hair with a grin.

“Silly Baeky, thinking you’d get served…” His hand dropped back to his side and his face fell back into its serious form when Kris’ hand jabbed out to hit him once in the stomach due to the bar tender’s return. Kris slipped a few notes over the bar and grabbed the small crate of drinks with a nonchalant, “Thanks dude.” before walking back to their room.

“Sorry for questioning you.” The bar tender said with an apologetic smile. Luhan gave an airy laugh and patted his arm lightly.

“Don’t worry, I’d question me too, I look like I’m practically fifteen, sometimes it’s a blessing, sometimes it’s a curse. Thanks though, I’ll get my licence back and have it next time I’m here.” Luhan turned back to The three boys who were waiting for him, “Oh, you’re waiting? Well I’ll see you later then, we’ll probably need a top up.” With that Luhan grabbed Xiumin’s hand and lead the wide eyed boy back to their room while Chanyeol and Baekhyun followed.

“Wow, I didn’t know you could act so serious and tough Channie.” Baekhyun said as he let his finger trail up and down Chanyeol’s chest, the dark of the hall way hiding his actions from the now giggling teens in front of them. “It was y Yeol.” Baekhyun leaned up to whisper into the younger’s ear. He felt Chanyeol’s hand snake around his waist to grip his hip bone, his long slender fingers gliding up and down the exposed skin of his hip where his top had ridden up a little. Baekhyun felt a shiver travel down his back at the delicious feeling.

“Mmm, well maybe I can be serious and tough more often.” He whispered back before letting his lips press lightly into Baekhyun’s neck, drawing a mewl from the elder. Chanyeol pulled away with a smile and a wink as they trailed through the door after Xiumin and Luhan, his long arm still wrapped lovingly around Baekhyun’s waist.

“Luhan you’re so good at acting! I actually believed that you lost your licence for a moment.” Xiumin praised as he squashed himself on the sofa in the small gap between Tao and Luhan – wriggle slightly to force himself into the far too small space and looking pleased with himself when he managed it.

“Yeah Lu, that was great.” Baekhyun added. Kris coughed and raised an eyebrow, drinks still in his arms. “You did good too Kris, well done for looking old.” Baekhyun teased and stuck out his tongue. Kris just chuckled slightly before turning to put the drinks down on the slightly rickety table. He starts handing them out until everyone has a beer in hand, some looking much more at home holding the alcohol than others. The curious expression on Xiumin’s face, his eyes wide and his lips slightly agape, told Baekhyun that even though he was the eldest he wasn’t exactly accustomed to drinking alcohol. Whereas Kris was holding the beer and knocking back a few gulps of the brown liquid like he had been born to drink. Tao plonked himself down on the floor by his boyfriends feet and took a long swig of his drink before suggesting “Why don’t we play truth or dare?” to the group. The collaborative yeses that sounded through the room voiced the boys’ agreement as they all proceeded to make a circle. Chanyeol sat down leaning against the sofa and pulled Baekhyun down so that he was sitting in his lap. Baekhyun wriggled a little to get comfortable then curled happily into the embrace.  The furniture had been shifted around into a semi circle, Luhan, Xiumin, Tao and Sehun took up the sofa, Chen was sitting smugly on the arm chair, Kris and Kyungsoo were on the smaller sofa with Kai leaning against Kyungsoo’s knees while the elder his hair. The remaining four, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Suho and Lay made up the other half of the circle on the floor. Baekhyun smiled to himself as he noticed Suho and Lay’s fingers knitted together while Luhan was gripping one of Sehun’s large hands in both of his own. The two sofas being beside each other Baekhyun also noticed how Kris and Tao’s ankles were hooked onto each other. Cute.

“Oh, I have a spin the bottle type app on my phone!” Chen said happily, pulling his phone from his pocket, “You put in everyone’s names and it picks people at random.” He got started tapping away at his phone, putting everyone’s names into the app.

“So are we playing truth or dare or spin the bottle or what?” Lay asked, his free hand absently up and down Suho’s arm.

“I think truth or dare is best!” Chanyeol said with a grin, his deep voice vibrating through Baekhyun’s body as he spoke. “And how about we do that app thing twice and the second time it chooses who sets the truth or dare.” Everyone hummed in agreement, the excitement in the room was building and the twelve boys were practically buzzing by the time Chen put his phone flat on the floor in the middle of the circle.

“Okay, everyone ready?” He asked, his cheeky grin lighting up his face.

“Just do it Chen Chen.” Xiumin said with a wide grin, his fingers gripping the bottom of his hoody in anticipation. Chen stuck his tongue out childishly at the elder before he clicked the app to start. All twelve boys held their breaths as the electronic spinning noise filled the silent room, slowly getting more and more lagged before it cut out and a name flashed in big blue letters on the screen.

CHEN!

The jokester frowned and groaned as he saw his own name blazing bright on the screen of his phone. He pouted grumpily as he pushed the button to go again, taking a long swig of his drink and tucking his feet up to his bum, resting his chin on his knees. Baekhyun just laughed at the sulking boy, he had clearly not expected to be first. As the app spun again Chen let his feet drop back to the floor as he leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, all traces of annoyance gone from his face to be replaced with his usual cheeky grin. Baekhyun should have known that he wasn’t really angry about being first, that boy was a pranking attention seeker, one of the best, so of course he was glad to have been chosen. The app stopped again and everyone looked down to read the name.

KYUNGSOO!

Said boy clapped his hands happily before him as an evil smile overcame his face.

“Truth or Dare then Chen Chen?” Suho asked with a gentle smile, the complete opposite of his plotting friend.

“I’ll go with dare.” Chen said, leaning back into his chair confidently, bringing his hands up to rest against the back of his head as he gave Kyungsoo a come at me bro eyebrow wiggle. “Give me a moment.” Kyungsoo said before dashing from the room, the eleven other boys watched him go in confusion. The silence was broken by Kai’s groan, Baekhyun looked back over to see that the tanned boy was now lying on the floor clutching his head rather than propped against the sofa.

“Why can’t he stop bloody hitting and kicking me today?” Kai grumbled as he rubbed his head.

“You know he’ll make it up to you later.” Baekhyun said with a grin to make Kai feel better. It seemed to work as a devilish grin overcame the younger’s face and Baekhyun was sure that he could practically see Kai’s brain ticking with plans on how to get Kyungsoo back later that night.

“Right.” Kyungsoo said as he strode back into the room, his eyes twinkling mischievously, “In the front room, there is a girl sitting at the bar, really pretty, young, maybe early twenties, wearing a pale blue dress. Sitting beside her is a very large, very strong, very ugly and clearly very straight dude. You are going to go up to the girl, really suave like, and say something like I lost my number so can I have yours instead? Or do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again? Or something else equally cheesy you know, I am sure you of all people can think of something.” Chen tilted his head in agreement to Kyungsoo’s last sentence before the latter continued. “Then when she goes all blushey and whatever girls do, I wouldn’t know I’m gay, but yeah, when she does you need to blow her off, push her to the side or whatever and say flirtily to the guy that you were talking to him. You get a slap of his and get out of there without being beaten to a pulp then you can consider your dare complete. Whether you charm your way out of the beating or just haul is totally up to you though.” Kyungsoo finished his explaination with a grin. “Think you can do it…Chen.” He said, raising an eyebrow and taunting him.

Chen stretched his arms above his head and popped his shoulders before cracking his knuckles. “This is me, of course I can do it.” He rose from his chair and grinned, looking around the room before striding for the door with a final, “Let’s do this.”

 

AN/ sorry it's later than I said it would be but it's longer than usual so I hope that makes up for it :) the norebang will be in 3 chapters now so there will be more :) I hope you enjoyed it, leave comments <3