The sorry love sick pair

The competition

 

Kyungsoo sighed heavily as he headed to his first lesson, which he unfortunately didn’t have with Baekhyun, who was working at a higher level than him. He glanced through the glass window of the door opposite his classroom and sighed again as he saw Kai sat there leaning back on his chair, arms held above his head in a stretch. Kyungsoo watched as he pushed a hand through his carefully styled hair and with his other hand flipped a pencil around his fingers in a distracting manner. Kai suddenly looked up with his dark intense eyes and Kyungsoo’s heart skipped and fluttered as he turned his gaze to the ground and spun around to his own classroom, hoping that Kai had not noticed him staring. He hiked his rucksack higher up his shoulder and strolled as casually as he could into his class, seemingly fine on the outside, but a flustered mess on the inside.

Kyungsoo sat down at his desk at the back, flinging his bag over his chair before he slumped into his seat. His eyes flicked around the room, focusing on nothing in particular as he remembered the first time he had seen Kai. It was also the time when he had found out about the competition. Posters had been strung up around the school and There was a small babble of people surrounding this particular poster. Kyungsoo had decided to get a closer look at what all of the fuss was about and managed to squeeze himself through the steadily increasing crowd of people that had by that point become more of a small mob. The poster read:

Performing arts competition!

Anyone can enter this competition…but not just anyone can win.

Singing and rapping will be held on different days, prepare a song and come along!

 it will be judged by professionals from SMent.

The preliminary auditions will be on:

Singing – 17th March

Rapping – 18th March

Further details will be revealed after this selection!

Good luck~!

Kyungsoo had practically squealed in excitement at the idea of a singing competition, his hands fluttered around and he was gently bouncing as he turned around to find Baekhyun and tell him the wonderful news. He turned around to be facing a tall slender, muscly, boy around his age with a shock of dark brown shaggy hair, styled in a messy bed head look that managed to look as though it was intended for a runway not for school. Kyungsoo had felt his mouth drop and his eyes widened into luminescent orbs, Kai glanced down at him and Kyungsoo jumped out of his skin, rushing back through the crowd away from the embarrassment  that he was about to cause himself. From that moment Kyungsoo had become infatuated with the unruly boy named Kai. Kyungsoo sighed again and shook his head, letting his dark, black hair fall into his eyes as he realised what a sorry, love sick pair he and Baekhyun made. But he was determined to show a powerful and manly image in the competition, and to make Kai notice him. He just, wasn’t sure quite how to go about making himself more noticeable.

Kyungsoo pushed all thoughts of Kai from his head and picked up his pen, scribbling the notes that were on the board down into is notebook. He knew that he needed to stop thinking about Kai all of the time, because his grades were starting to suffer. Unlike Baekhyun who could have all of the distractions in the world before him during an exam and still get top marks, Kyungsoo did not have this luxury and had to work extremely hard to scrape an acceptable grade. He shook his head once more to push the strands of black silky hair from his eyes and engrossed himself in the lesson at hand.

 

Baekhyun had managed to calm down by the time Kyungsoo, dropped him off at his first lesson, algebra, and was no longer crying. But the painful pangs of guilt that shot through his heart continued to torture him from the inside out. He just needed to be sure that Chanyeol was okay, he realised that he no longer cared what he thought of him. As long as he was not injured, Baekhyun could be at peace with his guilt. He spun his pencil around his fingers in agitation and click-clacked his feet against the cold floor below him, blowing his hair from his eyes every few seconds and gazing around at nothing in particular. He knew that he couldn’t stay like this, he wouldn’t be able to concentrate on the teacher in this state, and he needed to see that Chanyeol was okay.

He shoved and shaking hand in the air to call the teachers attention to him and stammered out, “M-miss, can I g-go to the t-toilet? I f-feel sick...” His voice trailed off quietly in an attempt to convince the teacher of his incapability to avoid going to the bathroom. Coupled with his fidgety shuddering form the teacher had no reason to doubt the boy’s illness and pardoned him without a fuss with a look of deep worry in her eyes at the usually perfect child’s actions. Baekhyun, now actually feeling queasy stumbled from the room, beads of sweat forming on his brow, and lurched toward the nurses office, hoping that Chanyeol wouldn’t be there to prove that he was really alright. Luckily Baekhyun didn’t have far to go as his legs were so shaky that he wasn’t sure that they would be able to support him for much longer. He rounded the corner to the corridor where the nurse’s office was, clutching the wall for support. His heart stuttered and slowed before thumping faster than ever as he saw Chanyeol exiting the room.

 

“Just put this cream on again when you get home and you will be as right as rain.” The nurse said with a sweet smile, handing Chanyeol a small tube of medical cream for his mild burns. He smiled back and thanked the kind old woman. Once she had applied a first layer of cream to the burn on his chest the pain had immediately begun to cease and now 30 minutes later was merely a dull ache. He was certain that he would be fine for the rapping section of the competition tomorrow, relief flooded through him like water trickling through his veins at this realisation. He thanked the woman again and turned to leave, his thoughts switching to Baekhyun who he had noticed hadn’t looked in too good a state as Chanyeol had left. He hoped that the boy wasn’t feeling guilty as he knew that it wasn’t his fault. He pushed open the door and strolled through expecting an empty corridor but as he looked up his deep, dark brown caramel flecked eyes me the pained black eyes of another. His mouth fell slack as the person before him, a shaking, feeble mess, began to try to speak, “I-I c-can’t…are y-you..” his words were cut off in a faint whisper as he began to fall to the floor.

Chanyeol was still in shock at the situation that he had been into but managed to spring forward in time to catch the falling body; he let out a muffled grunt of pain as Baekhyun fell against his burn but ignored his reflex reaction to drop Baekhyun to relieve the pain. He pressed his palm against Baekhyun’s sweaty brow and felt that it was cold and clammy, “..” he breathed as he lifted the small frail body more securely into his arms and hurried for the second time that day, into the nurses office.