Hot chocolate

The competition

 

Baekhyun bounced back onto the sofa, partially landing on a smiling Chanyeol, two frothy hot chocolates clasped in his hands. He blew on the very hot mixtures before he handed one of the hot chocolates over to Chanyeol.

“Do you think that Sehunnie and Luhan are having fun?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol, tucking his feet up under himself as he burrowed more deeply into the sofa.

“Hmm, well I think they will be shy but I am sure they’ll be fine.” Chanyeol replied in his deep grumble while looping his arm free back around Baekhyun’s waist where it seemed to permanently reside.

“Oho, I wonder if Sehunnie has kissed Luhan yet! Kya that would be so great!” Baekhyun squealed. He loved the idea of Sehun being in a relationship, he knew that he needed someone, and Luhan was perfect for being that someone.

“Yeah but Hyunnie,” Chanyeol said, swirling the scalding chocolate around his cup before looking up into Baekhyun’s eyes, “That would rely on either Sehun or Luhan taking the initiative to actually kiss the other and I have a feeling with Luhan’s shy demeanour and Sehun’s awkward the two will find it hard to look at each other let alone kiss each other.” Baekhyun gave him a gentle shove, wary not to spill the hot drinks, but giggled none the less.

“Channie shh. Sehunnie will try his best.” Baekhyun sat up onto his knees resiliently. The warm orange glow from the lamp beside the sofa cast a hone toned glaze over Chanyeol’s flawless skin, highlighting his orange hair and drawing on the flecks of caramel in his charcoal eyes. Baekhyun felt his heart swell at the sight. Sometimes, times like this, he realised just how lucky he really was. With a small pull at the corners of his mouth Baekhyun placed his free palm on Chanyeol’s cheek and his thumb along the smooth skin of Chanyeol’s cheek bone. “Not everyone’s as slow as you to realise that they’re in love Channie.” Baekhyun said teasingly, dispelling any catch of malice that his words could hold with his bright expression.  

“Ya, Baekie no fair.” Chanyeol said, poking Baekhyun in the stomach gently. Baekhyun wriggled away from the probing finger and stuck his tongue out.

“Luckily the phrase ‘you snooze you lose’ didn’t count in your case Channie.” As Baekhyun sat back down onto his bum, worming back into Chanyeol’s arms, his phone started buzzing in his pocket. He handed his hot chocolate to Chanyeol who’s tongue slipped out in concentration as he made sure to balance the, still steaming, beverages properly. Baekhyun blushed in adoration at the sight and smiled to himself before looking down to his phone. It was Sehun’s number. He just mouthed Sehun to Chanyeol before sliding across the lock screen and bringing the cold phone to his cheek.

“Hey Sehunnie, what’s up?”

“Baekhyun? Is this you?” The voice on the other end of the line came out ragged and dry as though the speaker was gasping out their words. That wasn’t Sehun’s voice, Baekhyun’s brows pushed down and together as he ran the voice through his head once more, processing it.

“Yeah this is Baekhyun, are you Luhan?” Baekhyun asked, sure that he recognised the voice, though it was barely distinguishable through the choked out words.

“Y-yes it is. I need y-your help…please. I found your number on Sehun’s phone and, and I don’t k-know what to d-do Baekhyun. Please…” Luhan’s voice was barely above a whisper, grating and rough, but Baekhyun heard every word.  

“Luhan, calm down. What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked, trying to get the elder to be clearer and to stay level headed.

“I-it’s Sehun…” Baekhyun felt his heart drop. Not his Sehunnie, no, nothing had happened, it would all be fine. Baekhyun waited for Luhan to continue, gnawing gently on his lower lip in anticipation for his next words. “H-he just fainted a-and he’s so pale and cold. Oh lord is he cold Baekhyun. What do I do?”

, Baekhyun thought as his breathing stuttered. “It’ll be fine Luhan.” Baekhyun held his phone away from his face and focused on Chanyeol whose expression was one of worried confusion. “Channie, go get your coat and shoes on, wrap up warm and could you get mine too?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol nodded and in an instant their hot chocolates were on the coffee table and the taller was out of the room, clearly having sensed the serious situation. Baekhyun turned back to the phone, hearing Luhan’s shallow, ragged breathing across the line. “Listen Luhan, it really will be fine but tell me, where are you?” Baekhyun spoke calmly and clearly to the elder.

“Umm, in a park near that bubble tea shop, the one you were going to meet Sehun at today. Umm it’s caller, err, . Oh it’s called Sunken Gardens.” Luhan rushed out with broken words.

“Okay, me and Chanyeol are about to leave, and it isn’t far. We should be there in ten minutes max, okay? Listen, just cover Him with any layers that you can spare and maybe, I don’t know hug him? Just keep him as warm as possible and we will be there soon.” Baekhyun told Luhan almost sternly to make sure his instructions were heard. He heard a quite okay and said a quick, “It’ll be fine.” Before hanging up.

Baekhyun sprung off of the sofa and out into the hallway where Chanyeol was waiting. He had his thick, green coat on and a scarf enclosing his slender neck. Draped over his arm was the orange jumper, Baekhyun’s thick navy coat and hooked on his fingers were Baekhyun’s shoes. Baekhyun smiled appreciatively at him as he slid on the too large jumper. As he began to hurriedly thread his arms through the coat sleeves he felt a tugging on his foot as Chanyeol delicately lifted it and slid it into his shoes. Moments later they were ready and Baekhyun was reaching for his keys with one hand and Chanyeol’s hand with his other. Their fingers wound and tangled as they stepped from the warm comfort of Baekhyun’s home and into the cold - leaving two untouched hot chocolates to the glow of the lamps which were left on in haste.

 

Luhan’s POV

 

He shoved Sehun’s phone into his back pocket as he tried to calm his frantically pounding heart. What was going on? Why had Sehun fainted? He pushed his questions to the back of his head as he remembered what Baekhyun had told him, to keep Sehun warm. He looked at Sehun’s still face, white as snow. Actually, Luhan wished that Sehun’s face was that white, as the hint of blue seeping into his cheeks and lips was drawing wracking sobs up his chest. The foreboding colour was most prominent in his lips and on his eyelids, making them glow bright in the moonlight.

Luhan slipped the black coat off of his shoulders and wrapped it tight around Sehun’s thin frame. He had managed to shift Sehun over to a bench a few meters away before calling Baekhyun but that was the most his muscles would allow, screaming in protest at even that short, hardly arduous task.  He tucked the thick fabric under Sehun, trying to stop the harsh wind getting him from underneath. As he was tucking his hand grazed Sehun’s long, slender fingers where the younger’s pale arm was hanging down from the bench. He gasped at the icy cold that seared his own hand from the younger’s and tear slipped from his eyes, sliding down his own perfectly rosy cheeks as he looked upon the powder blue cheeks of the beautiful Sehun.

He gripped Sehun’s hand in his own and tried to rub warmth into the frozen fingers. Not having any other layers to wrap around the younger he slid onto the bench beside him and wrapped his body and limbs around him, pulling Sehun’s head down so that his face was nestled in the crook of his own neck. Luhan shivered as Sehun’s ice cold lips brushed his neck before the younger’s warm breath brushed away the cold. Another tear slipped out as Luhan waited for Baekhyun, trying to keep Sehun as warm as possible. Please be okay Sehun-ah, please thought Luhan desperately as he placed a gentle kiss atop the younger’s fluffy hair.

 

A/N: Sorry it took so long and it's short! But you know...CHRISTMAS! I hope you all had a good Christmas :3