Norebang - part three (you can't afford me)

The competition

“Do you come here often? Because I think I would remember a beauty like you.” Chen said as he sidled up to the petite woman sitting at the bar. He rested his elbow on the polished wood counter top and crossed one ankle over another, his usual cocky grin replaced with an only slightly less cocky but much more suave smile. Chen tried to ignore the stares he felt on his back and resisted the urge to look behind him and wink at the eleven cleverly concealed boys. He hadn’t gotten a chance to look at all of their hiding places but he was sure that Luhan was stood with a lampshade balanced on his head and that Tao was holding up two coats to his face as though he were a coat rack. The brunette woman looked down at her knees as her face flushed a pretty pink colour to match her delicate dress. Her hands knotted with her lap and she slowly looked up at Chen with a shy smile, lightly batting her eyelashes in a way that would make most other women look as though they were having a fit or had a very large, mascara clad eyelash in their eye. Chen almost felt bad for what he was about to do…almost.

“Th-thank y…” She started to say. He put his hand on her shoulder and lightly pushed her to the side, forcing her to shift off of her stool. Her eyes popped wide as flopped open like that of a confused goldfish. Chen smoothly slid into the now vacated seat and tapped on the shoulder of the enormous burly man with a single forefinger. The man turned to face Chen, his expression sour, one eye slightly twitching, seemingly in annoyance at being disturbed. Chen had to force himself to ignore the piece of pizza that was clinging to the boulder of a man’s disturbingly unclean stubble. Chen put on his best flirty smile and rested his elbow on the counter once more, leaning his chin into his hand.
“I was actually talking to you.” Chen said with a low voice and a wink, causing the girl to stutter and gape behind him. “It’s been a while since I saw someone so ruggedly handsome as you. I mean you’re hotter than a San Francisco pavement on the 4th July.” Chen rested his hand on the man’s shoulder, pushing down the bile that was rising up his throat from the grimy feeling of the man’s jacket. “How about you let me appreciate your looks form…a little closer.” Now this was the point at which the boys all expected the large, muscly, fat man to get angry, throw something, maybe a cup, maybe a punch or if Chen was lucky just storm out of the club in disgust. That was what should have happened. That was not what happened.

Chen felt his stomach drop to his feet as the man’s pudgy, pug like face distorted into what Chen assumed was meant to be a flirtatious smile but was truly terrifying as he let his hand fall to Chen’s knee.

“I think the bathroom’s free, and if not I can get it that way.” Chen assumed that the violent twitch in his left eye that seemed to melt his eyebrow down onto his cheek and back up again was some sort of attempt at a wink, but who knew, for all Chen knew the guy in front of him could have has a severe case of lazy eye…whereby his eyelid literally fell asleep for a few seconds, it was possible Chen pondered.  At this point, most guys would run away, far far away. But Chen wasn’t most guys and he would never allow himself to be. Returning the vile man’s wink he gestured towards the toilets with a lazy smile that he had been told by Tao would floor and person, man or woman. The smile seemed to have the desired effect as the lump shuffled quickly off of his stool and turned to the bathroom. As he turned Chen reached into his pocket and clicked the small button on the side of his phone which would activate a fake call while his other hand reached out to land a resounding slap on the beefy of the hulky male.  His head whipped around, a little cheese flying from his beard; in Chen’s mind it was screaming “freedom!” Before landing in his beer and grumbling out an, “Oh crap.” Chen held up a dainty finger, shaking it in a diva like fashion as he fished his phone out of his pocket and slid his finger across the screen to answer it.

“Hello?” Chen asked as the man stared at him with a dumbfounded expression, his mouth agape and one eye still drooping sadly. “Oh hey baby, you know I haven’t stopped thinking about you since that night.” Chen practically purred down the phone to no one. “I think I may have left one of my toys at your place baby and I need it for another customer.” Chen paused, counting to eight in his head thinking that that was an appropriate amount of time for a reply. He laughed throatily, the sensual sound causing the man before him to audibly gulp. “Sure baby, I can pencil you in for tomorrow at eight, but I have another customer to attend to right now.” Chen saw the hopes of the man lift as he his furry lips, a little slobber dripping down his chin. “I’ll have all of our stuff prepared; just make sure you can last the full ten hours you’re paying for this time.” Chen laughed once more for good measure before hanging up the fake call and slipping his phone back into his pocket.

The thick man stepped forward expectantly and seemed shocked when Chen placed a firm hand on his chest, stopping him in his tracks. “Sorry, I have a client to see.” He said with a smirk and a wink before turning away. Chen had to fight his body’s reflex to cringe when the man’s chubby fist closed around his wrist.

“I’ll pay you double what they’re paying.” He said, his hacking voice coming out higher than expected, almost making Chen burst out into laughter, he managed to hold back his mirth, but only just.

“Sorry doll,” He tugged his hand out of the man’s grip, “You can’t afford me.” And with that he strutted his way back to the hallway which led to their room, making sure to swing his hips and play his role through to the end. He had gotten the slap, and that was all he needed.

A few seconds after he had returned to their norebang room eleven other boys piled through the doorway, landing on a heap on the floor, a tangle of limbs and broken egos. Luhan still had his lampshade on his head, the tassels that framed the bottom fanning out across Kris’ face making the younger scowl and try to blow them away. Kai groaned as a clod of dirt slipped from Xiumin’s belt and onto his face, smearing across his otherwise perfect face. Chen could only conclude that Xiumin had in some way or other hidden in a flower pot. The leaves sticking out of his vibrant orange hair were further proof of his choice of hiding location. Lay had his foot lodged awkwardly between Kyungsoo’s legs while Suho was spead eagled across the entire pile, seemingly either unable or unwilling to move. Tao stood behind the pile of boys, a single eyebrow raised. He stepped gracefully past the grumbling and shuffling pile walking over to Chen. He clapped a hand on the elder’s back and grinned, “Good job man.” He ruffled his hair even though he was younger. “Respect.”

“Yes Chen’s awesome and that’s all well and good.” Came a disgruntled growl from the bottom of the heap, “But will you get this surprisingly heavy guardian off of my precious and get me out.” Chanyeol laughed happily from his position beneath Kris’ thighs, despite the fact that Kai’s foot was squished into his face.

“Calm down Baeky, Channie’s coming.” He cooed with another laugh before he heaved himself up and shifted the group of boys, causing them to all roll away from each other. The pile of grumbling boys had been replaced with a floor littered with individual grumbling boys. It wasn’t much of an improvement Chen decided.

Hopping energetically to his feet, his usual grin plastered on his face, Chanyeol flitted around the room, righting the disgruntled boys and arranging them back into a decent circle, leaving his boyfriend to last and then dragging him into his lap in the space he had left for them. Everyone seemed a little confused at how they had come to be so perfectly arranged in such a short time but they shrugged it off as one of the great mysteries of their bumbling giant named Chanyeol.

“Well done Chen.” Xiumin said with a smile, his lightly flushed pink cheeks going unnoticed by Chen but definitely not to Baekhyun. There was something there Baekhyun realised and he knew that Chen liked Xiumin, were they stupid? It was obvious that they liked each other.

“Yeah well done Chen Chen.”, “Good job bro.” and “Dude I thought he was actually going to you.” Chorused out from different boys in the circle, Chen merely grinned and brushed imaginary dust off of his shoulder. An “I can’t believe you did it.” Came from Kyungsoo’s gobsmacked mouth, his words quite as his mouth was almost as wide as his lantern like eyes.

“What did you expect? This is me you’re talking about, of course I did it.” Chen snickered smugly before getting his phone out and opening up his app again.

“Spin it!” Lay called with a grin as he tugged Suho closer to him. Suho looked up at him with wide eyes as his whole body was slid across the floor, remaining in exactly the same position, only to be pressed against Lay’s side as the Chinese boy wrapped a protective arm around his shoulder. Suho smiled and leant into the embrace, blushing as he felt the sly looks Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were shooting him.

“Oh off, I’m happy.” He mumbled playfully under his breath, earning a slap and an almost motherly “Language Joonmyeon.” From Lay.  

Chen did as he was told and tapped the screen to set it spinning, each of their names flashing past randomly, not stopping on the screen for any longer than a tenth of a second before the next name flickered across. The spinning began to slow as the names remained on the screen for a longer time. They all watched the screen with bated breath before it stopped….

BAEKHYUN!

Auugh Baekhyun groaned mentally, though he couldn’t deny that he was a little excited for this. He took the vodka bottle that was being passed around the circle and tipped it back, letting the icy cold liquid slide down his throat leaving a trail of fire as it went. He shook his head hard to overcome the bitter sharpness of the alcohol before he passed it on. Chen had set the app spinning again and Baekhyun watched with bated breath as it slowed, unconsciously digging his preened nails into Chanyeol’s hand where their hands were intertwined in his lap. The app came to a stop and Baekhyun flopped onto the floor in defeat.

KYUNGSOO!

The app screamed the name at him, drawing dread up from his stomach, not Kyungsoo, he thought of the cruellest dares, Chen was lucky that he was so quick thinking but Baekhyun wasn’t sure if he could survive one of Kyungsoo’s dares.

“Aww, how come he gets to do it twice in a row.” Tao grumbled, pouting profusely, completely backtracking against his cool, manly image. Kris laughed and patted his boyfriend on the head, clearly making Tao even more disgruntled as the elder places a sloppy kiss on his cheek. Kris’ cheeks had a healthy pink if not red flush to them and were practically glowing as he continued to giggle into the neck of his beer bottle. It seemed that Kris couldn’t hold his alcohol as well as Baekhyun had first thought…interesting.

He was drawn from his thoughts when Kyungsoo asked, “So, truth or dare hyung.” With a teasing eyebrow tilting up his forehead.

“Truth.” Baekhyun answered tentatively, trying to avoid a cruel dare but hating the way his best friend’s nearly kind smile curled into an evil smirk, most likely courtesy of his boyfriend’s habit.

“Ahh, Baekie, I promised that I wouldn’t tell but not that you wouldn’t. So tell us… what happened last time we went to norebang…tell us, how did you end up in a pond with a rubber duck at the end of the night.” Baekhyun gasped, burying his head in his palms…there was no way he was drunk enough for this. 

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update again! I am not very good at writing funny things but I tried so I hope you liked it. The Norebang will be in more parts now because I didn't have time to write any more and i wanted to update for you guys! There is coming so if you anticipate it enough it will come..ehe :3 Anyway, if anyone wanted to talk to me this is my tumblr http://kpop-fan-atic.tumblr.com/ drop in and say hi nae? Until the next chapter, annyeong!