The plan

The competition

 

“Baekie!!” Baekhyun rolled away from the deep grumbling voice that roused him from his otherwise peaceful slumber, burrowing himself further into his duvet cover. He tugged the soft blanket over his head and went foetal. It was a Saturday and knowing full well that Chanyeol was a morning person he had no doubt that the time would be one that he would usually sleep straight through on a weekend. His regret over asking Chanyeol to stay the night after they had gotten off the bus was washed away as he felt him reach into the blankets with his large warm hands to pull Baekhyun out and into his embrace. Baekhyun sighed and tucked himself closer into Chanyeol’s chest, warming his ice cold hands on the other’s neck and chuckling when Chanyeol flinched at the chill. His eyes were still drooping sleepily and he could feel a yawn forcing its way out of his mouth. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes before looking up at Chanyeol with a smile, trying to see through his sleep encrusted eyes. Damn his eyes in the mornings.

After a moment or two he realised that Chanyeol was washed, dried and fully dressed in a thick, orange woolly jumper, emblazoned with reindeer and slim black skinny jeans. Baekhyun could tell that the jeans were his school skinny jeans, they were lucky that the school didn’t mind what the trousers where as long as they were black, but he had no idea where he had found the jumper. He noticed that Chanyeol’s usually either straightened or tamed hair was splayed loosely in a wild disarray of fiery curls, which along with the jumper made for, what Baekhyun thought, was the epitome of cute.

“Channie, when did you shower and dress?” Baekhyun said, rubbing his eyes again, his head finally starting to clear of its confused fog. “And where in hell did you get that jumper?” Baekhyun was almost certain that the younger had not had any clothes packed seeing as the stay was unforeseen.

“Oh, well I thought you would like a little more sleep so I got ready. And this, I found it in your dad’s cupboard. It’s so warm Baekie!!” Chanyeol squealed leaning down to ball Baekhyun back into his arms. Baekhyun nuzzled into Chanyeol and couldn’t deny the total snuggle factor that was seeping from the jumper. 

“Mmm, I like it Channie. Keep it, my dad would never wear something that fun now, it must be really old.” Baekhyun smiled sadly up at Chanyeol. He could see understanding swirling deep in the younger’s eyes and was more than grateful for it. “Okay, let me shower real quick then we can get some breakfast.” He gave a kiss to Chanyeol’s nose as he untangled himself from his boyfriend’s arms. He blushed slightly, embarrassed that Chanyeol was fully dressed while he was only wearing the blue and white stripy pyjamas he wore to bed. “How about you pick out something for me to wear while I shower, nae?” Baekhyun loved the light that filled Chanyeol’s eyes at this and smiled to himself as the gangly teen bounded over to the wardrobe to start his quest.

Ten minutes later and Baekhyun was back in his room, his hair slicked to his head and a towel hugging his hips. “Okay, what have you got for me Channie?” Baekhyun said clapping his hands together. Chanyeol moved away from where he was stood by the bed to reveal the outfit laid out there. There was a pair of orange skinny jeans that Baekhyun had forgotten he even owned and a thick black jumper with white snowflakes on it. Baekhyun glanced from the outfit to Chanyeol and back again, letting it sink in what the younger had done. The clothes were the opposite of Chanyeol’s in colour only with a different wintery pattern. Baekhyun walked to Chanyeol and pulled him into him by the fabric of his jumper, letting their lips collide softly. He pulled away slightly and whispered, “You’re so cute Channie.” Before dressing himself. He had to admit, while standing in front of the mirror, that because he hadn’t worn them in a long time, the jeans were good and tight and made his legs and look damn good.

“Whoa!” Baekhyun exclaimed as he was suddenly pulled down onto Chanyeol’s lap. He started to wriggle but was stopped by a light tap on his nose.

“Be still Baek.” Chanyeol said before beginning to blast hot air at Baekhyun’s head. Baekhyun relaxed into the warm, caressing touches of the younger as his hair was dried and was almost sad when the hair dryer was clicked off. They both stood and linked their fingers as they walked down the stairs.

“So what shall we have for breakfast Channie?” Baekhyun glanced at his watch, it was only 9 am. He was used to asking that question to himself at a time that couldn’t really be considered morning at weekends. Chanyeol tapped his finger on his chin as he slid into a chair at the kitchen table. Baekhyun’s stomach fluttered at the cute image, even after so long of them being together it was incredible that he still had this effect on him. Chanyeol puffed his cheeks and frowned before looking up with sparkling eyes and a white, pearly grin.

“I know, I know! Let’s have pancakes!” Chanyeol shouted, hand’s clapping frantically with glee. Baekhyun let his palms rest just above Chanyeol’s jaw, his thumbs smoothing over his cheek bones. He smiled as Chanyeol’s eyelashes fluttered and his mouth opened in confusion.

“Yes we can have pancakes Yeollie.” Baekhyun said with another kiss to his nose. “You get the fillings or flavours or whatever you want and I’ll get the ingredients for the batter.” Baekhyun said as he turned to one of his neatly organised cupboards. As he was crouched by the pale, pine, corner cupboard his phone vibrated and buzzed in his back pocket. He slid the device from his pocket and saw that he had a new text.

From: Unknown

To: Baekhyun

Hey, this is Chen! So when did you want to meet up? I am free any time :D

Baekhyun immediately saved the number before tapping out a reply.

From: Baekhyun

To: TrollChen:P

Umm, I don’t mind but Yeol woke me up early so I am ready any time. As soon as you want really 

It was only a few seconds, in which he was able to find the plain flour, before he got a text back.

From: TrollChen:P

To: Baekhyun

What’s your address? I don’t know how long it will take me to get there do I :P

Baekhyun facepalmed before replying.

From: Baekhyun

To: TrollChen:P

Oh sorry! It’s ------------

Sorry…

From: TrollChen:P

To: Baekhyun

The bus takes fifteen minutes and leaves in ten so I’ll be there in about half an hour. See you seen Baek!

Baekhyun stuffed his phone back into his pocket and hastily got out the, milk and eggs. “Yeol, Chen will be here in half an hour okay?” Baekhyun said as he turned back to the table. He stopped in his tracks, ingredients tumbling onto what seemed to be the only free space on the table. Baekhyun’s mouth dropped open in shock as he eyed the array of foods littering the table. The contents ranged from regular lemon and sugar, to acceptable chocolate sauce, sprinkles and silver balls, to entirely unusual marmite and mustard.

“In half an hour, that’s just long enough to make pancakes…” Chanyeol was cut off by the gurgling wail coming from Baekhyun’s mouth.

“Yeol, what…I mean how? What is all of this?” Baekhyun gestured excessively at the table. Baekhyun looked over to see Chanyeol fiddling with his fingers.

“Well, I didn’t know what we should have on them so…I got a lot of different things.” Baekhyun smiled at his timid voice and his hand to calm him.

“Look, leave out the lemon, sugar, chocolate and sultanas and put the rest away, okay? Oh and get the cinnamon” Baekhyun said, trying to hold back his giggle as Chanyeol pouted before grabbing a tin of marinated peppers to return to its rightful place.

Baekhyun set to work on the actual pancakes and after ten minutes they had a plate stacked high with the rounded treats and a more normal table of toppings. Baekhyun grabbed one and sprinkled it with sultanas before lightly layering it with cinnamon. Yum.  Chanyeol had gone for the slightly less conventional…everything on the table. Baekhyun was certain he had even seen the salt and pepper go onto the by now more topping than pancake mix. Chanyeol however stuffed it in his mouth happily and rubbed his flat belly appreciatively. They left one pancake for Chen when he arrived and not moments after the argument for the last pancake had been settled by this decision was the door bell ringing.

 

Baekhyun slid from his chair; letting his fingers slip from Chanyeol’s at the last possible moment. He flung the door open to see the now familiar cheeky cross between a grin and a smirk, spread across Chen’s face. “Hey Baekhyun!” Chen said before following him through to the kitchen. Chanyeol stood up with a smile to stand by Baekhyun as they greeted Chen properly. Chen just raised an eyebrow teasingly at them and it took Baekhyun a moment to realise that it was because of their matching outfits. He felt heat crawl up his face as he pushed Chanyeol back into his chair and gestured over at another for Chen.

“Umm, tea? Coffee? Hot chocolate?” Baekhyun asked the two boys. Chanyeol immediately burst out with, “TEA!” While Chen calmly said, “Hot chocolate please.” Baekhyun nodded as he flipped the kettle on. That was one tea, one hot chocolate and one coffee. Why did they all have to have different tastes?

When they were all sat with steaming beverages before them Baekhyun leant his chin on his hands in thought. “So, what are we going to do about Hunhan?” Baekhyun asked.

“Well…” Chen was cut off by a flapping Chanyeol. “Wait, wait, wait! What is a Hunhan?” Chanyeol looked more than confused, his nose wrinkled up cutely and his eyes wide, setting off the puppy dog look perfectly with his tilted head. Chen raised his eyebrows as Baekhyun jut giggled.

“It’s a code couple name for Sehun and Luhan; you have Hun from Sehun’s name and Han from Luhan’s name.” Baekhyun explained while his thumb across the back of Chanyeol’s hand. Chanyeol nodded as he processed the words before the confusion was back. “But they’re not a couple…”

“No.” Baekhyun said with a grin, “But they will be. Channie why don’t you just sit there and look pretty for a while?” Baekhyun joked. Even though he had been joking Chanyeol was more than complacent with taking Baekhyun’s hand in both of his own and fiddling with his slender fingers. “What were you saying Chen?”

“Oh, I was just thinking that we should make two lists, each about Sehun and Luhan, so that we can compare their personalities, likes, dislikes etc.” Baekhyun grinned and nodded happily, that was brilliant! He reached for the notepad and pen on the kitchen counter, almost falling from his chair as he strained to not take his hand from Chanyeol. After a few moments of scrabbling he had the pad and a rather red face to go with it.

“Okay well let’s start with likes, I will say something and then you can say something for Luhan, yeah?” Baekhyun said as he poised his pen on the paper. “So, for Sehunnie, firstly Bubble tea.” Baekhyun scrawled it down.

“Oh Bubble tea for Luhan too!” Chen squealed. After five minutes or so they had made good progress with their list and it had come to look as such;

 

Sehun                                                              Luhan

 

Bubble tea                                                       Bubble tea

Doing aegyo                                                    Watching aegyo

Dancing and rapping                                      Dancing and singing

Lisp (yes Chen that counts!)                            Rubik’s cube

Ice skating                                                       Ice skating

Ice cream                                                        Iced lollies

Comedies and rom coms                                Horrors, thrillers and action

Strong windy weather                                     Strong winds that pick up & move leaves

Awful knock knock jokes                                 Long jokes (he never gets to the punch line

 

By the end of their dislikes list they had pretty clear compatibility evidence for the two and very few areas that they had to avoid.

“Okay so, we need to set them up at a bubble tea parlour I am thinking and then for the second date we can lure them into seeing a film. Because they have such difference in tastes it will test their affections for if they compromise!” Baekhyun squealed at his plans. Chen agreed whole heartedly with this.

“Hmm, how will we get them to go though? Oh oh! We could tell them to meet us and then once they are there say that we can’t go!” Chen exclaimed and Baekhyun clapped at the idea. All of the plans were perfect. “ that tomorrows Sunday so shops won’t be open though.” Chen grumbled.

“Omo, I know this great bubble tea place that is open even on Sundays and it is Sehunnie’s favourite too!” Baekhyun was pleased with himself at this and smiled smugly.

“And we can tell them that there is a party or something afterwards so that they have to dress up real nice! They’ll be too preoccupied with each other to remember when they are there. This is brilliant.” Chen said. Suddenly Chanyeol’s deep grumbling voice came from their left.

“We could all go ice skating, remember Sehunnie got those tickets for Suho, we could all go. That way Hunhan can get a third date and we can all get to know each other better.” Chanyeol said, fluttering his eyelashes as his gaze remained focused on Baekhyun’s hand. Baekhyun grabbed his chin in his other hand and brought their lips together for a quick kiss, keeping in mind that Chen was still there. “That’s perfect Channie.” Baekhyun nuzzled their noses before pulling away again. Chen made gagging sounds and rolled his eyes at them and Baekhyun couldn’t control his blush.

“Okay, so we’ll tell them to meet at 5pm tomorrow, nae?” Baekhyun said to draw Chen’s eyes away from their tangled hands. Chen just stuck out his tongue and nodded.  

 

From: Baekhyun

To: Sehunnie:3

Sehunnie! Let’s go get bubble tea tomorrow at five,  you know where :3 There will be a party after (can’t tell you whose it’s a surprise) so dress nice!! See you tomorrow! <3

Chen texted Luhan and that done the three boys piled onto the sofa to watch Tangled, the least manly yet most undeniably awesome film ever. Baekhyun sang along and recited the words with the characters, earning several sharp elbows to his ribs. Baekhyun was happy that Chen had melded so well into a friend, and he and Chanyeol were getting along so well. “Mulan next! Come on, she is a chick, who goes into the army and she has a freaking dragon!” Chanyeol argued.

“No, the princess and the frog! She is a strong, independent black woman who don’t need no man!” Chen yelled back, shoving the DVD at Chanyeol. Well, Baekhyun revised, sort of getting along.