mum

The competition

 

As his SNSD alarm jolted him awake, Baekhyun felt warmth encasing his body from behind as sunlight was strewn across his eyelids through his thin curtains. He cracked an eye open groggily lifting his arm to rub the sleep from his eyes. Rubbing at his eyes while yawning cutely he rolled over slightly only to find that he couldn’t roll any further because of the gangly teen cuddling against his back. He felt a smile spread across his face as he looked at the beautiful sleeping face of Chanyeol, remembering the night before. The boy’s dark lashes fanned out across his defined cheek bones, fluttering every now and then in his sleep. Baekhyun slowly turned a little more so that he was facing Chanyeol, grinning as Chanyeol wrapped his arms more tightly as he did so. Feeling skin on skin Baekhyun looked down between them to realise that they were still from the night before; he felt his cheeks tint pink but his smile just got wider. He looked back up to the younger’s face and trailed his slender finger along the strong, straight bridge of Chanyeol’s nose, loving how deeply he slept so that he could do that. He let his finger continue to gently explore the contours of Chanyeol’s face, running over his soft eyelids and down to his silky lips.

He was about to place his hands onto Chanyeol’s chest and snuggle closer into his warm body, letting the alarm go to snooze for ten more minutes, before he remembered that his circulation was terrible and his hands were always like ice in the mornings. He glared down at his feminine hands, wondering what to do. If he put his hands on Chanyeol then surely they would quickly warm up, but they might also wake up Chanyeol due to the cold. He was just pondering his options when he heard the front door slam loudly below. It couldn’t be. He hadn’t seen even the faintest glimpse of his parents for over 5 weeks, sure they left fresh food and notes with his chores but he never actually saw them. So why on earth would they pick the day when he was and spooning with his boyfriend whom they didn’t even know existed? . His eyes became saucers and his body froze as he listened to every minute sound coming from downstairs. His mum’s heels clacked against the hallway floor towards the kitchen, he was about to let out a sigh of relief when the noise abruptly stopped and turned, heading for the stairs.

“Baekhyun!” She yelled up the stairs, “Are you awake?” Still frozen in fear he missed his chance to easily divert her with a simple yeah, I’ll be right down, and her heels began the journey up the stairs. After a few seconds of blind panic he snapped into action and, not having time to feel apologetic for his actions, roughly shoved Chanyeol off of the bed. The tall boy fell to the floor in a pile of limbs and sheets, auburn hair sticking out every which way as he grumbled a bass groan of pain. Baekhyun hurriedly leaned over to cover Chanyeol’s mouth, blushing as he saw his eyes raking over his still body, he flicked Chanyeol hard on the forehead.

“Not now pabo, now get under the bed!” Baekhyun whispered while trying to push Chanyeol down. The adorable lion, having just been suddenly and rudely awakened looked back at Baekhyun, his wide eyes wrought with confusion. Baekhyun had just opened his mouth to whisper a reply when there were three sharp knocks on his door. Baekhyun pleaded with Chanyeol with his eyes and the younger seemed to understand as he quickly pulled his body under the bed. Baekhyun flung himself back into his bed at what he hoped was a normal angle and managed to pull his blankets up around his waist just in the nick of time as his mother opened his door.

“Baekhyun your father and I are going away to a medical conference for a few days, there will be food in the fridge. You will be alright won’t you?” She said without even looking up at him, her voice cold and devoid of emotion.

“I’ll be fine mum” He said before mumbling under his breath, “Not like it’ll be any different from usual.” She looked up sharply from where she had been preening her already immaculate nails at the barely spoken comment. Her eyes widened as she took in the scene before her and Baekhyun felt his face flame even hotter. He was lying diagonally on his bed with his duet tangled around his waist to cover his manhood, panting slightly from his previous hurrying and ketchup red in the face. “What on earth were you…no don’t answer that, I don’t want to know what you do with yourself when we’re not here.” turned down in a disgusted frown as Baekhyun felt his eyes grow to the size of saucers.

“N-no mum!” He stuttered out, “I wasn’t…you know, it was just that, ummm….It was really hot last night and I must have gotten rid of my clothes in the night.” He garbled out a crappy excuse as his mother just raised a single plucked eyebrow.

“Of course Baekhyun.” She said sarcastically as she left the room without letting him explain again that she was wrong. He fell back into his pillows and rolled over so that he could scream into and bite down on the downy fabric.

A few seconds later, when the sound of the front door closing once more rang out, Baekhyun felt a body slip in beside him. Something warm rubbed against his neck as long strong arms wrapped around his slim waist. He couldn’t hold in his giggle as his neck was continually tickled. He eventually succumbed to Chanyeol’s nuzzling and turned to softly press his lips to Chanyeol’s. There was nothing lusty or rushed about the kiss, it was short, sweet and full of emotion. Chanyeol smiled warmly as they pulled apart and his fingers across Baekhyun’s cheek before pushing a few stray locks of hair behind his ear.

“I didn’t get to say before but, good morning.” Chanyeol whispered huskily. Baekhyun giggled and replied with a blush, “Good morning to you too Yeollie, last night was fun.” He proceeded to hide his face in Chanyeol’s chest, all of the previous night’s confidence gone to leave him shy and giggly.

Just then Baekhyun’s alarm clock decided to blare out its second rendition of gee for that morning, reminding the two boys that it was indeed a school day. Baekhyun groaned as he rolled away from the comforting heat of Chanyeol’s body to click off his alarm clock. “After last night we should, I mean I think we really need to shower.” Baekhyun said as he turned back to Chanyeol. Chanyeol grinned and winked playfully at him before fluidly sliding off of the bed to stand at the end, moving with more grace than Baekhyun ever thought the bumbling boy could muster. Baekhyun’s eyes glossed over the milky, perfect skin of Chanyeol’s back, revelling in the smooth plains of his shoulder blades before moving down to ogle at his perfectly cute, round bottom as he bounced for the door. Chanyeol looked back over his shoulder and Baekhyun felt his cheeks stain pink as Chanyeol caught him staring. “Come on Baekie, unless you want me to shower alone.” Chanyeol pouted cutely before bounding off for the bathroom. Baekhyun whipped out of bed and sped after Chanyeol, like hell he was going to let him shower alone.  

An hour later they were washed, dried, dressed, made up - well Baekhyun was made up – and being fed. They sat at the kitchen table surrounded by an array of spreads and jams to lather onto their toast when Baekhyun got a text. Putting down his steaming mug of coffee Baekhyun reached into his pocket to check his phone while Chanyeol just continued to monster down his food.

 

From: Suho-hyung

To: Baekhyun

Hey Baek, there was a change of plan and the dates that we’re first going to SM have been changed. We’re going today so make sure you get your into school on time and look your best. Suho x

 

Baekhyun nearly choked on his bite of toast as he read the text. He stared up at Chanyeol who was giving him his usual ‘I don’t have a clue’ look before downing the rest of his coffee and shoving a piece of toast into his mouth. Around the mouthful he mumbled, “SM is today Yeol, let’s go.” He grabbed Chanyeol’s hand in his own and hoisting up his bag the two set off for the next stage of their adventure. Baekhyun could feel his heart rate quicken, his pulse racing with excitement as he gripped hold of Chanyeol and they began the walk to school.