Love at first sight?

The competition

 

Baekhyun saw Sehun, Suho and Kyungsoo huddled waiting outside the school’s main door. The weather had picked up a chill and Suho’s head was topped adorably with the woollen hat Chanyeol had gotten him for his birthday, pompom bouncing around in the breeze. Baekhyun grinned when he noticed that his accidentally matching present was also being worn by his Hyung. Baekhyun and Chanyeol came to a stop by the three boys, hands still wrapped tightly around the other’s. 

“Loving the look Suho-hyung.” Baekhyun said with a grin, flicking playfully at the pompom. Suho just smiled and blushed slightly at the compliment.

“Thanks, the people who gave me these must have really great style. Hey I’m glad you guys are on time, we have to get on the minibus that will take us there in ten minutes.”

“Yay! Minibus!” Sehun squealed excitedly while high fiving Chanyeol. Baekhyun smiled at the two of them, pulling his winter jacket more tightly around his neck to fend off the biting chill. He looked over to Kyungsoo to find him pouting and glancing around worriedly, it was only then that it really clicked that Kai hadn’t arrived yet.

“Kyungie, where’s Kai?” Baekhyun asked with a frown. Kyungsoo just sighed, pouting even more.

“He went to the toilet but it’s already been ten minutes. Who needs that long to take a piss?” Kyungsoo grumbled. Out of the corner of his eye Baekhyun could see Kai’s tanned skin and styled hair as he made his way towards them. “I’m sure he’ll be here soon Kyung.” He said with a smile just at Kai wrapped his strong arms around Kyungsoo’s waist and brought the shorter boy snugly into his chest. Kyungsoo’s eyes grew comically round before he noticed that his attacker was Kai and his expression morphed into something far softer.

“Okay guys, let’s go to the bus park.” Suho said, rounding the six of them into a small herd to barrel through the morning masses of the student body. Baekhyun knotted his fingers between Chanyeol’s and pulled him along close behind himself, blushing a little as Chanyeol let his knuckles graze subtly against his bum. It was nothing, barely a touch but it make Baekhyun tingle from his fingers to his toes and his lips turned upward entirely of their own accord.

The wind whipped around their bodies, pulling at their perfect hair. Baekhyun’s coat was fluttering mercilessly against his hips as his scarf whipped up to meet his, by then red tipped nose, every few steps. They were only about half way around the outside of the school building when all evidence of student life was gone. The majority of the pupils having fled to the sanctuary of the barely warmer school hallways, bar the rebellious smokers who were forever puffing. The frosty cold seemed to be bringing on the ache in his still tender leg bones and muscles but he pushed that thought out of his head as he practically buzzed with excitement at where they were going. He just couldn’t believe that they were actually going to be inside the SM building, that they might even get a glimpse of the cloud walled dance studio. His heart fluttered at the idea and he found himself skipping as he pulled Chanyeol along faster.

His once fluttering heart dropped along with his and the other five boy’s mouths as they saw their mode of transport. The old 8 seater minibus was as decrepit as it was small. The windows were grimy and thin, cracked here and there while the paint job looked as though the last time it had been touched up was when Queen Victoria was in alive. Even the bus driver lived up to the image with a haggard and wrinkled face, a pot belly and thinning hair. His eyes were small, dark and beady as he inspected the six boys. Baekhyun froze in his spot, not wanting to draw the old man’s attention to him in any way, thinking that the slightest movement might cause his intense glare to come his way. Suho coughed awkwardly to break the silence, “Umm, we are going on a trip to SM entertainment, is this the right bus?” He asked with a realistic smile and a clear, respectful voice. The man just continued to glare at his through his grease ridden hair. Baekhyun habitually fiddled with Chanyeol’s fingers while Suho glanced around the bus park. “There don’t seem to be any other mini….”

“Get in.” He was cut off by the gravelly voice of the driver as he luckily flipped his attention to the windscreen.

Suho lead the way as the six of them traipsed into the small space. Suho, Kai and Kyungsoo bagged the back row while Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun had to sit just behind the rancid driver. Luckily there were only six of them or else someone would have had to sit next to him.  As he plopped down into the seat he could feel a spring wedge its self into his back and he had to hold back a grumble lest the driver heard him. He patted Sehun on the head with a smile before leaning down to rest his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder. His breath steamed up the frosty windows so that it was damn near impossible to see through them with the added grime. A few seconds later he felt something cool against his left, free ear and SNSD began to play. He looked up at Chanyeol with a grin and nuzzled closer, softly resting his eyes and breathing in Chanyeol’s scent for the rest of the journey.

Sehun’s POV

He tucked his long, slim legs up onto the worn down seat, resting his head on his knees as he hugged his legs to his chest. He rubbed a hand up and down his legs, trying to generate some heat in his limbs, the poorly insulated minibus making him feel even colder than he had outside. He glanced over at Baekhyun resting his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder while Chanyeol ran his fingers over Baekhyun’s palm, killing his knuckles every now and then. He knew that his role as a friend was to tease them for being so corny or to throw something at them to the serene moment between them but he just didn’t want to. He felt his heart wrench at the sight of them, even in sitting and listening to music, just being in each other’s company they looked so happy, so content. Sehun wanted that. It wasn’t that he wasn’t happy, not in the slightest, he had great friends, fair grades at school and to top it he was on the way to SM entertainment. But he just felt like something was missing, someone was missing.

He looked away with a sigh and dragged his iPod, with difficulty through the restraining fabric of his skinny jeans, out of his pocket. He immediately skipped the soft, ballad that was playing for a more upbeat dance track that he could lose his thoughts to for the remainder of the journey.

Their arrival was indicated with a grunt from the driver and the six boys piled out of the vehicle. The metal frame creaked and wobbled precariously as the weight shifted and found its equilibrium once more. Suho bowed and smiled at the driver, his gracious thanks being swatted away with a flick of the drivers hand and a roll of his watery eyes. Sehun looked around, the car park they were in seemed like any other, filled with cars as was expected. It was the building next to the car park that was a stunner. The enormous building stood too many stories for Sehun to count high, towering into the skyline of the city. The walls were white and pristine, not a speck of dirt accosted the immaculate paintwork. The sparse white walls were interspersed with huge glass panels on the ground floor, the number of windows decreasing as his eyes travelled upwards. What really caught Sehun’s excitement and set his face grinning was the large, shiny sign in pink that read “SMentertainment” In swirly, cursive writing. Sehun could feel himself humming with anticipation as he bounced up and down on the balls of his toes.

“Yah, Sehun-ah, stop bouncing.” Suho said, however he was sporting a rather impressive grin himself. Suho slid his arm through the nook of Sehun’s elbow and began to pull him across the car park to the main entrance. The two couples followed in suit behind. Sehun pulled his School blazer at the bottom and straightened his tie, deciding to flatten his hair once he had gotten inside as any progress on his fair locks would be scuppered instantly by the wind while outside. Suho smiled at him, “Stop fussing, you look great Sehun-ah.” Sehun scoffed at that.

“That’th eathy for you to thay hyung, you look tho handthom all the time!” Sehun argued. He wasn’t lying either, Suho had somehow developed the ability to always look impeccable, to have excellent timing, have manners that could barely be rivalled in a palace and to always seem just, perfect. It was annoying. Suho just grinned cheekily and flicked his imaginary long, wavy hair off of his shoulder. “Ahh I am tho excited…I can’t even!” Sehun squealed, unable to maintain his manliness.

“Me too, I actually can’t believe where we are.” Suho answered with another reassuring squeeze to his arm. At that moment they stepped up to the crystalline glass doors, the translucent doors parted for them with a whooshing noise and the boys stepped though into a very bright, very open, very large reception area. Suho released his arm to look professional and strode confidently over to the front desk, his minions, including Sehun, following shyly behind their charismatic leader. Sehun stood just behind Suho as his hyung began to speak to the receptionist, no doubt dazzling her with his smile.

“Hello, we are the six students from Kkamjong school…”

Sehun heard another voice paralleling Suho’s and turned to look over at who the other receptionist was dealing with. A tall, maybe even taller than Chanyeol, blonde boy was talking to the other lady. He had a blank expression that showcased his perfect, features but made him seem cold and reserved. Sehun looked over them, there were six boys there. They all had uniforms on, similar to theirs but in with light blue blazers and ties as opposed to his own navy blue attire.

Stood directly behind the tall blonde, maybe a little closer than was socially acceptable for someone who was ‘just a friend’ was a slightly shorter boy with jet black hair and panda eyes. The big difference between the two was that while the blonde was cold and hard faced, the panda had a bright smile and adorably crinkled eyes as he grinned. The two behind them seemed to be playfully arguing with each other. Neither were tall but one had a cute round face while the other had a strong jaw and intense eyes, an image that was ruined when he stuck his tongue out at the bun faced boy. Suddenly an angelic laugh rang in Sehun’s ears, it felt like good music should feel to hear, it made him feel warm and tingly all over. His eyes glazed past the fifth boy, whose chocolate brown hair flopped over his eye, his headphones hanging from his ears.

He looked straight to the source of the tinkering sound ad everything around him stopped while everything within him sped up. His heart raced and his cheeks flamed as he looked upon the boy. His golden hair swept across his forehead, framing his perfectly heart shaped face. His eyes were in the shape of half-moons and his mouth was spread in a wide smile as he bent forward, clapping his hands with laughter. The motion was familiar, similar to what Chanyeol would do yet somehow graceful and beautiful where on anyone else it would be clumsy and awkward. The boy straightened up as his face settled with a small smile and he flicked his smooth halo of hair from his face. Sehun was speechless. He had never seen such beauty. Suddenly the boy looked up at him, their eyed met and Sehun’s heart stuttered before beating full force, jumping around inside his chest. The boy’s eyes widened slightly and his mouth formed a slight ‘o’ shape as their gazes held. Sehun tried to look away but the electricity between them was holding him in place.

“Luhan.” The fair skinned, chocolate haired boy called, tugging on the angels arm. Sid boy shook his head slightly and looked back to his friend.

So that’s his name. Luhan.