Call me hyung

The competition

 

“No…aha, get off! No! What’s the magic word?…” Baekhyun yelled as he wriggled back on his chair, one arm held high over his head, grasping his phone out of Chen’s prying reach. Chen scrambled atop him, clambering haphazardly up the chair, his goal clear in his eyes. He swiped out his hand and Baekhyun just laughed as he whipped the phone to the side away from Chen’s grasping fingers.

“ the magic word, let me see Baekhyun!” Chen said angrily as he yet again failed to grab the slim metal object. Baekhyun kicked out with his legs, to distract the younger before grabbing behind his knees and tackling him to the floor. The two of them fell to the floor and Baekhyun sat atop the younger with his knees holding down his arms, his own arms in the air with cocky pride as he waved the phone about.

“Now now Chen-Chen, how could you speak to your Hyung like that?” Baekhyun chastised with a cheeky grin and a wagging finger. Chen just thrashed uselessly under him, his legs kicking about to no avail and his hands completely immobile.

“Yah! I’m only younger by like five months!” Chen argued, getting a little red in the face from his struggling by that point. Baekhyun laughed again, he knew that it was cruel and that Chen had every right to see what he was withholding from him. but it was just too much fun.

“Magic word.” Baekhyun reminded haughtily. Chen huffed, blowing his hair irritably from his eyes.”

“Please.” Chen grumbled, barely above a whisper.

“Please what, Chen-Chen?” Baekhyun goaded, well aware or how angry he was making the younger. Chen gave one last futile heave to get Baekhyun off before sighing.

“Please oh mighty Baekhyun Hyung.” Chen said exasperated, his cheeks flushing from a mix of embarrassment and anger. “Now show me .”

“Waah, what a good dongsaeng I have.” Baekhyun said, ruffling Chen’s hair how he knew he hated before getting up and offering a hand. Chen slapped his hand away indignantly and struggled to his feet by himself. Baekhyun laughed at his stubbornness before handing him his phone with an appeasing smile. Chen took it with a frown coupled with a grumpy pout, sliding to unlock and look at the photo. Baekhyun had taken a photo of Luhan and Sehun asleep that morning, he realised how creepy it might sound but they were just too cute, and it wasn’t like they were doing anything but sleeping anyway…well that’s how Baekhyun reasoned it. All traces of anger seemed to slip off of Chen’s face as he looked at the picture, his eyes growing wide and his lips spreading into a warm smile.

“Omo, they’re so cute.” Chen said, smiling over at Baekhyun. “Are they, you know together then?”

“Well…” Baekhyun tapped his chin thoughtfully with his finger as he packed his sheet music into his bag with the other hand. “They haven’t officially said it but with the way they’ve been acting all morning I think it’s pretty impossible that they’re not.” Chen nodded in understanding. “Right, I’m off then.” Baekhyun said as he swung his bag onto his shoulder. After their hour of coaching they had all been allowed the remaining time before lunch to practice in their pairs. They would be headed back to school for lessons after lunch so Baekhyun wanted to have as much of that time as possible to interrogate Suho with Kyungsoo.

“Yeah okay, see you tomorrow.” Chen said as he packed his thing away too.

“Mmm, and don’t forget to get answers from Lay then ring me tonight. We have to check that their stories match up, right?” Baekhyun said with a grin and a wave before slipping out the door.

 He practically ran down the hallway to Kyungsoo’s practice room. He busted through the glass paned door and flapped his way over to Kyungsoo’s side. “Kyung, Kyung, Kyung let’s go!” He squealed happily, tugging on the younger’s arm impatiently.

“Ah okay I know, coming!” Kyungsoo hastily packed the rest of his bag, messily shoving the sheets in regardless of how crinkled they might become. “Bye Xiumin! See you tomorrow!” Baekhyun looked over to see the cute cheeked boy stood with wide eyes but a smile none the less. His hair was fluffed up and he was wearing the most adorable knitted owl jumper that encased his small body in folds of wool.

“Hello Baekhyun.” He said with a toothy smile that lit up his face. Cute.

“Oh, you’re so adorable.” Baekhyun said squishing his cheeks, momentarily forgetting about Suho. Xiumin blushed but continued to smile.

“C’mon Baeky.” Kyungsoo said, his turn to pull on Baekhyun’s sleeves.

“Ah, yes, got to go, bye Xiumin!” Baekhyun returned Xiumin’s wave before the two ran from the room, headed for Suho, nothing would distract them now.

The door thundered open as they stood menacingly in the doorway. Their shoulders were hunched, their arms crossed imposingly and each with a single daring eyebrow risen. Suho and Lay looked up in shock from where they were sat together reading some sheet music, at the sudden noise reverberating throughout the room.

“You.” Baekhyun said, pointing at Suho between the eyes. “Us. Coffee shop down the road. Now. No excuses.” Suho visibly gulped and paled but nodded gently. He got up and swung his backpack over his shoulder. Lay’s wide, chocolate brown eyes were wide with confusion and disappointment as he watched Suho getting his things. He stood up and Suho walked back over to him, Suho gave him a quick hug and Baekhyun was sure he saw him murmur something in Lay’s ear. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes in suspicion, oh Suho was being cheeky, he probably knew how much this was killing his two friends. A smirk, yes, Suho just smirked while whispering, he was so aware of what he was doing, Baekhyun was now positive. He sure as hell needed answers. As he continued to watch he saw Lay’s cheeks flush a little pink which seemed a little out of character based on Chen’s information. All sorts of wild ideas of what Suho could have said rushed through Baekhyun’s mind in a storm of thoughts but he pushed them away quickly as Suho joined them in the door.

The short walk to the café was nose bitingly cold as a cool frost nipped at their uncovered faces. Within ten minutes they had made it to the cosy, small café. The wooden door let out a light tinkering sound as they entered and they were flooded with a rush of warmth as they crossed the threshold. Baekhyun felt the blood rush back into his fingers and toes as his bright red nose became even more Rudolf like. The walls were painted a rich maroon colour, warm mahogany tongue and groove stretching to the oak floorboards. The lady behind the counter smiled as they stepped up and Baekhyun’s eyes were drawn to one of the most magnificent displays of treats he had ever seen. Chocolate and fudge, walnut and banana and mixed berry cookies piled high on rosy plates, multi-coloured iced cupcakes arranged in intricate circles on a stand, large vanilla, white chocolate and strawberry sponge cakes, topped with strawberry halves and shavings of chocolate. The was a large pile of fudge brownies, the perfect consistency of a gooey centre and crumbly top, rows of lemon tartlets and apricot tastys filled the glass cabinet, there was even an entire stack of oozing, crumbling, melty caramel slices. That wasn’t all; there were tonnes more in the array of delicious looking devilishness. Baekhyun felt himself physically drool at the sight before him, unsure whether to take it all and run away without paying or to buy it all and sit here for as long as it would take him to eat it all.

Wiping his mouth and clearing his head he smiled at the shop assistant and placed his order as calmly as he could. “A cinnamon latte and a caramel slice please.” She nodded and put through his order, sliding his caramel slice onto a rose coloured plate with small blue birds around the edges. After a moment’s wait the latte joined the plate on his tray. Just as he turned away he glanced back at the lady and mouthed, I’ll be back for more, before walking over to an empty table. They were wondrously generous portion sizes, heck his caramel slice was the size of his own fist.

Moments later Kyungsoo had slid into the chair beside him and Suho opposite. They each took a moment to nibble and sip at their treats and beverages before they took to the task at hand. Baekhyun revelled in the taste of cinnamon as the liquid trickled through him, warming him inside out. “So Suho, you know why we are here right?” Baekhyun asked, looking at his friend. Suho sighed.

“I do, yes.” He replied, seeming resigned to his fate.

“Well, then.” Baekhyun said with a glint in his eye. “Get talking hyung.” Kyungsoo finished.

Suho’s eyes lit up a sparkled as he grinned, seeming much less resistant to talking now, as a blush littered his cheeks, “Well, what happened was…”

 

A/N: Sorry that I didn't tell you yet! :P But my last exam is on friday so I can properly update after that, nae? :)