One, two, three, four and then a few more

The competition

“So, you have done all of your performances for us apart from one.” Minhee started, perched on a table before the twelve boys. Baekhyun felt his whole frame trembling with excitement. They were so close; this could be it, the fabrication of all their dreams or their quiet plunge back to normalcy; as though all of this had been a dream. A wonderful, fantastic dream. Ignoring the negatives that tried to push through, Baekhyun thought only of the good as he edged his further forward on the wooden chair. He heard Chanyeol’s deep chuckle behind him and gave the taller a sharp flick to the forehead to which Chanyeol replied with a rather unmanly squeal. “Uhum.” Minhee coughed obviously, a neatly plucked eyebrow raised in Baekhyun’s direction. He bowed in apology and bit back his grin.

“You have performed alone and in pairs and now we need to see how you work in a larger group. This last performance will entail not only singing but also dance. We have seen before that you are all able to create wonderful dances but this will test your ability to follow instruction which, in the music industry, is extremely important. We will give you a song and one of our choreographers will give you the dance. We will give you your parts in both. The only thing that we will judge you on is execution, we expect perfection. But don’t worry, just do your best, I have faith in all of you. C’mon.” With that she hopped off of the desk and teetered out of the room on heels that should have overturned even the most professional of supermodels.

Baekhyun jumped up out of his chair and gripped Chanyeol’s large palm in his own, pulling his giant with him as he rushed after her. “Why are you so excited Baek?” Chanyeol asked with a slight pant as the two were the first out of the room to follow Minhee despite having been the farthest from the door.

“Because Chanyeol!” Baekhyun huffed. “It is exciting.” He grinned at his lanky boyfriend before tugging on his hand harder and hurrying them up. Not a minute later, after a few twists and turns in the gleaming white halls that Baekhyun had become accustomed to, they pushed through a glass door and into a gleaming dance practice room. All twelve boys shuffled in the room and into a line. Baekhyun stuck his head out of his place in line and looked past Chanyeol’s chest to see Kyungsoo just as smiley and put of breath with elation as he felt.

“See.” He said, jabbing Chanyeol with his elbow. “Kyung knows how to react.” Chanyeol merely stuck out his tongue before their gazes were both drawn to Minhee as she spoke once more.

“Alright I’m going to leave you guys with Jinhae, he’ll be teaching you the choreo and helping you with your dance. Bye guys!” She waved and walked out as a drone of twelve male voices bid her goodbye.

“Hey guys. As Minhee said, my name is Jinhae and I’ll be your dance coach.” Jinhae looked to be in his early twenties. He had dark brown hair pulled into a short ponytail at the back of his head, a few stray hairs in short loose curls about his face. His skin was dark yet flawless and he was wearing a white tank top with his tracksuit bottoms that wonderfully accented his smooth, defined upper body muscles. Baekhyun could have sworn he could see the lines of his abs through the thin material. Damn. That was all Baekhyun could think. Damn. If he wasn’t in a committed relationship with a guy whom he loved more than anything else in the world he would snap at the chance to get a little of that. “So go get changed and be back here in five minutes. The changing rooms are through that door at the back.”

The boys turned to see a door that had up until that moment blended perfectly with the mirrored walls. As a babbling horde they ran to the changing room door. Pushing and shoving ensued and Baekhyun managed to be the third into the room, bested only by Tao and Xiumin. Tao was to be expected with his wushu skills but damn was that Baozi speedier than he looked.

They all quickly changed into trackies and tank tops. Baekhyun smiled as he caught the back of Chanyeol’s top as the latter tried to walk back into the dance room with the others. After a few seconds it was just the two of them as the door closed behind Kai. Baekhyun spun Chanyeol around and let his fingers slide across his chest and up before pushing down the strap of his top to leave his shoulder clear and perfectly smooth. He pressed his lips to the soft pale skin and smiled as he heard Chanyeol’s short gasp.

“This.” He whispered, his lips gliding up the taller’s neck as he let the strap fall back into place. “Will look great on my bedroom floor later.” With that he his heels and strode out of the room with a wide grin spread across his features.

 

“Well .” Baekhyun huffed out as he slid down the glass mirror to sit beside Xiumin who was just as out of breath as him. As they were both still recovering from injuries so Jinhae had told them to take a breather while the others continued. He dragged his wrist across his forehead coming away with a load of sweat, great. The two sat quietly for a few moments, just watching as the others continued to dance. Baekhyun bit his lower lip as his eyes raked across Chanyeol’s body. The tall teen was covered in a rather y sheen of sweat, his hair brushed back off of his face as his eyes focused on his own reflection, trying to perfect the moves that they had covered so far. Baekhyun didn’t care if he looked a little like a baby giraffe, all awkward limbs and uncoordinated, jerky movements, he was his awkward limbed baby giraffe and he was perfect. Despite this Baekhyun couldn’t hold in his snorted laugh as Chanyeol tripped over his own ankles.

He glanced over at Xiumin only to notice that the elder’s rounded eyes were focused entirely on the equally as awkward dancing machine, Chen. The sight sparked a memory of a phone call the night before. Chen had rung him up at about eleven o’clock bumbling and babbling about how he and a certain cute Baozi had kissed and become an item. Chen had sounded somewhat like a girl talking about her true love, though Baekhyun supposed he sort of was, minus the girl part.

“So.” He said, sliding along the wooden floor until he was right next to Xiumin. “How’s he at kissing?”

“W-what?” Xiumin spluttered, turning to look at Baekhyun with wide eyes and flushed cheeks.

“You know what I mean.” Baekhyun laughed. “Chen chen. You kissed Chen Chen last night right? Well, how was it.”

“He told you huh?” Xiumin bit his lower lip as he scratched nervously at his neck, but despite himself a smile inched across his face. “It was amazing.”

Squealing slightly Baekhyun crossed his legs and rested his head in his palms, eyes wide and bright as he motioned for Xiumin to continue. Xiumin laughed but carried on anyway. “It was…passionate but still gentle, you know?” Xiumin blushed furiously after those words. “I-it was just a kiss.”

“Just you wait.” Baekhyun giggled and nudged Xiumin with his elbow with a wink. “It won’t be just a kiss for long. Just wait until he has your toes curling with-”

“What? Baek-” Xiumin stuttered, embarrassment clear in his expression. Baekhyun knew that he should stop but he was having too much fun.

“You’ll know what I mean soon. The first time me and Channie had-” Baekhyun was cut off as Jinhae called him and Xiumin back to practice. He winked at Xiumin and hopped up before offering his hand to the elder. “Come on Hyung. Let’s go have another ogle of Jinhae’s fabulous .” Baekhyun whispered to Xiumin.

“He is pretty fine.” Xiumin admitted with a giggle as the two took their places once more and the music was set to the beginning. One, two, three, four and then a few more. How many times would he hear that until the dance was perfected?

 

A/N:

Okay, longer than I wanted before an update but loads better than before right? Well, I tried. Inappropriate Baek is as inappropriate as usual.

Please subscribe, comment and upvote and all that :3

Happy New Year! It's still 2013 here but nearly!! 4 more hours!

Anyway...yeah, bye :)