Outside

The competition

 

Over the next two weeks Baekhyun managed to get himself into a routine. He found his days running in the same pattern. He would be awoken at nine, unaware that Chanyeol had been sat with his sleeping self before school, for his daily leg exercises. He had to move his ankles in excruciating circles for 30 minutes to ensure that the muscles remained strong and healthy so that he could heal. This would be followed up by a strenuous two or 3 hours of school work. Even though he would complain he was really grateful that his teacher had thought to email him all of the work that he would miss from most of his subjects. It meant luckily that his accident wouldn’t cause him to fall behind academically, which he knew would be very bad.  After his work was done he would usually be visited for an hour between twelve and one by Mrs Do and Mrs Park. They would share their gossip and he would share his. He had so much to tell but made sure to refrain from mentioning Kai and Kyungsoo’s happy time. He was however unable to hold in the unicorn underwear incident. He really hoped that Suho would never meet either woman, they wouldn’t be able to be subtle in the slightest and he was sure that they would just tell him to whip it out and show them.

Between one and four was usually the dullest part of his day. Both of his mothers were at work and Chanyeol and the others were at school. He would fill his time with tumblr and books. Sometimes the nurses would come and spend their breaks in his room, playing scrabble or chess. He loved it when that happened because they were all really lovely and most importantly, none of them judged his uality. He felt comforted by the knowledge that there was help for humanity yet.

He had been in the hospital for 2 weeks and 3 days. He glanced at his watch again. The face displayed that it was 3:57. Chanyeol hadn’t arrived after four o’clock a single day and Baekhyun was sure that today would be no different. He looked at the jumble of black fabric and silver metal, a smile blooming across his face. He shifted slightly in his bed so that he could run his fingers along the cold metal, he was buzzing with excitement. He had been sat in the same bed for such a long time that he felt so relieved when he had been told that he was strong enough to move around in a wheel chair. They had also told him that in another week he would be able to walk if someone supported him. His doctor had predicted that at his fast rate of recovery, within 4 more weeks he should be able to move about almost as though nothing had happened.

He glanced back down to his watch as the minute hand clicked into the 3:59 mark. Just as he watched another second go by the door was flung open. He looked up to see a tall and very handsome Chanyeol. He had straightened his flaming hair and it was sweeping stylishly into his eyes. His checked shirt was open onto a white t-shirt that showed his gently sculpted body. His long, endless legs were clad in pale blue skinny jeans that made Baekhyun yearn for him to turn around. He looked just like a model, leaning against the door frame as though it were for a photo shoot. The image was shattered when he flicked his hair out of his face, crinkling up his eyes as a huge grin took over his features. He hurried, flapping his arms slightly, towards Baekhyun, nearly tripping over his own feet in the process. Baekhyun patted the bed beside him and Chanyeol let himself flop down onto the mattress with a slightly embarrassed smile. He took Baekhyun’s fingers in his own and leant forward, placing a soft, warm kiss onto his lips. Baekhyun smiled into the kiss as he felt his heart rate quicken and his cheeks heat up. His racing heart registered on the machine that still monitored his vitals and Chanyeol laughed heartily when two nurses rushed in with worried expressions.

“Don’t worry; he just got a little too excited.” Chanyeol chuckled at the nurses. Baekhyun felt his face flush even hotter as the two nurses smiled in understanding. His eyes widened to the size of saucers as one of the nurses gave him a wink on the way out. He let his head fell back onto the pile of pillows behind him, his eyes sliding shut as he groaned.

“Augh, so embarrassing.” He grumbled. He felt long, warm fingers wrap around his chin and pull his head back up. He was met with Chanyeol’s face an inch from his. Chanyeol was pouting cutely and his eyes were wide and deep. Baekhyun felt that if he just leaned a little further forward then he would fall into the swirling, caramel and charcoal orbs, never to return.

“It’s embarrassing?” Chanyeol breathed. His deep voice was resonating at the perfect, heart meltingly delicious pitch. He nuzzled his nose against Baekhyun’s softly. “So you don’t want me to do that anymore?”

“N-no, I-I didn’t say t-that.” Baekhyun stammered. Chanyeol was so close and his scent was intoxicating, filling his mind with nothing but the boy before him. Baekhyun closed the distance between them, locking his perfect, smooth lips onto Chanyeol’s tempting ones. Chanyeol was all too happy for this to happen and started to enthusiastically move his lips to Baekhyun’s rhythm. Chanyeol nipped playfully on Baekhyun’s lower lip, sliding his hot tongue across the stinging flesh. Baekhyun opened his mouth with a gasp as Chanyeol’s tongue took this opportunity to explore the cavern of his mouth. As Baekhyun began to moan into the kiss the loud and rapid beeping of the machine beside them faded. Baekhyun knew that they should stop but he really didn’t want to. Chanyeol slid his hand up Baekhyun’s shirt and rested it on his flat stomach as the smaller wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s neck. Just as Chanyeol started to move his hand higher they heard someone cough very loudly and very on purpose behind them. Chanyeol, who had somehow ended up on the bed, hovering over Baekhyun, shuffled away. Both boys looked over to see the same two nurses in the doorway. Baekhyun felt his cheeks, flame and his mouth droop open in shock. The two women had their arms crossed and both had one eyebrow raised.

“I-I w-we were…” Baekhyun stammered as his eyes continued to widen. He looked over at Chanyeol for help but the younger boy was leaning nonchalantly back on the bed with an easy going smile. The nurse with the blonde hair to the left smiled and shook her head lightly while the other lady just started chuckling to herself.

“Guys we know you want to have some time…alone, but save it for when you aren’t hooked up, okay?” The first nurse said with a cheeky grin. Baekhyun felt his cheeks become even hotter, if that were even possible as he sat there in shock.

“Is there any chance we can get him unhooked from this machine any time soon then? I really can’t wait that long.” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun stared at his bold words in disbelief. The nurses just laughed and nodded.

“We’ll let Baekhyun tell you the news. Buzz if you need us.” They smiled genuinely before bowing slightly and leaving the room. As soon as they were gone Baekhyun whacked Chanyeol hard on the arm.

“Ya, why would you say that?” Baekhyun grumbled as he pouted his faultless lips. Chanyeol just laughed his deep, molten chuckle. Baekhyun felt a shiver go up his spine at the rich, melodious sound.

“Oh you don’t mind really. Anyway what’s the news? Did you remember anything?” Chanyeol asked. There was a glimmer of hope in his eyes and Baekhyun hated to be the one to crush that hope. He had still not been able to remember anything new. He remembered most things, his friends, his classes, and his home. But apparently there was something he was missing, and he could just feel it. He looked down and shook his head. Chanyeol reached over and grasped his hand between two of his own, running his thumb along his knuckles. “That’s okay Baekhyun-ah. It’ll all come to you in time. Don’t worry. So what’s the good news?”

“Well, I am allowed to go in a wheelchair now…” He looked up at Chanyeol’s heavenly eyes through his thick lashes, “…and I wanted you to take me outside for the first time.” A smile spread across Chanyeol’s features, spreading warmth and love into his sparkling eyes.

“Of course I will.” Chanyeol pressed a light sweet kiss onto his lips, causing his stomach to do flips and tingle at the same time. Baekhyun nuzzled his face into Chanyeol’s before the younger lifted his slight body up into his arms and down into the chair. It was time to go outside again. 

A/N: Sorry, I know it's short and I took a few days to update but my laptop broke, so I may be a little slower for a bit, but I will try my best not to be! Anyway yeah ^ .^