Norebang - part one

The competition

 

“So, who’s up for norebang!” Luhan suggested with a slightly manic, wide eyed grin as the twelve boys pushed out of the stark, white main entrance to the SM building. “We have to celebrate our first performances inside the company.” A chorus of eleven yeses reverberated out, stopping a few passers-by in their tracks. Baekhyun cheered along with the others, excited by the prospect of bonding with the boys from Minseok school and getting to sing all mixed into one.

 

“Yay!” Luhan beamed, clapping his hands erratically before him. He grabbed onto Sehun’s hand and began dragging the younger male quickly down the street. Baekhyun noticed the clearly distinguishable pink tinge that flushed across Sehun’s cheeks as he and Luhan led the way.

“Omo, I’m so excited!” Baekhyun squealed as he looped his hands through Kyungsoo and Xiumin’s arms and sped to catch up with Luhan and Sehun. “I love norebang.”

“Me too! Do you remember what happened last time we went?” Kyungsoo uttered quietly, leaning in close to Baekhyun’s ear so that no one heard his question or the sly, insinuating tone his voice took on.

“Yah! You shh or else.” Baekhyun threatened, feeling his cheeks warm up as he was surely going even more red than the tall maknae who was still stumbling down the pavement ahead of them. Kyungsoo just chuckled evilly and Baekhyun was about to let out an angry puff of air when a startling question popped up from the Baozi on his other arm.

“What happened last time you went to norebang?” He asked, his eyes wide and his head tilted adorably to one side. It would have been the picture of innocence were it not for the mischievous gleam in his eyes.

“Nothing happened!” Baekhyun wailed, trying to lift up his hands to cover his beetroot red face only to find them pinned to his sides by the two boys he was now coming to believe were the devils little helpers. “You swore Kyung!”

“My lips are sealed.” Kyungsoo grinned, miming zipping up his lips and throwing away the key, but Baekhyun wasn’t at all satiated as that evil little smirk that he seemed to have adopted from his boyfriend was still tugging at the corner of his mouth.

 

“Y-yah! Baek!...Baeky--” Baekhyun heard a deep, gravelly voice call out from behind him. He looked over his shoulder to see six boys walking happily in a line, all chatting merrily. Suho and Lay were deep in conversation with one another, their fingers wound tightly together as they walked. Tao seemed to be showing Kai some sort of Wushu punching move and the younger seemed entirely engrossed, trying to copy the fist pumps but failing miserably. Chen was being his usual self, trailing along beside Kris who had his usual stoic expression on and poking his cheek constantly in that relentlessly annoying manner that Baekhyun had grown to adore about his new friend. None of those six boys however were the ones who had spoken his name.

Suddenly, as though he was attached to a timed spring, Chanyeol’s head popped up above those he was walking behind. His head bobbed from left to right, up and down, as though he were trying to find a way around the wall of teenage boys and was finding the task far too monumental. “Auuugh.” He wailed as he just stood still, his head framed by Chen and Kai’s shoulders and necks as he stood with a pout and wide puppy dog eyes. “Baek…” He uttered, barely above a whisper. Baekhyun couldn’t help buy cackle mercilessly at the pitiable site, he blew a gentle kiss at his boyfriend and winked before turning forward again and pulling the other two forward quicker.

 

Ten minutes and three streets later, the bright, glowing lights of a red building signified their arrival at the norebang. The walls had been painted the vibrant red of a glace cherry and a woman with wild hair holding a microphone had been artfully spray painted onto one of the walls in a bright white. There was a slight creek as Luhan pushed the door open and bounded up to the bar, the eleven other boys filling in after him. The main room they walked into was a cross between a bar and a club, there was a dance floor and tables but it didn’t have that intense, overbearing feeling that clubs could sometimes have.

 

“A norebang room for twelve please!” Luhan called enthusiastically to the bar tender, his eyes gleaming even more than usual in the bright, flashing lights, contrasting with the dim room.

“Uhh, sure.” The barman muttered, looking a little unnerved by Luhan’s eagerness. Luhan handed over the money and the barman passed him a card with the room number 7 emblazoned on the front in a fluorescent pink.

 

It didn’t take them very long to find their room and they all piled through the door in a mass of limbs and bodies. Baekhyun clapped his hands together excitedly as he looked upon the room. There was a large screen on one wall at one end, a long list of songs displayed on the enormous screen, flicking to the next page of songs ever ten seconds or so. Running along the other side of the room were a couple of sofas and there were a few chairs cluttered around a small round table.

Kai flung himself at the longest sofa and landed with a loud “Ooof” as he stretched his long body out on the rich, red cushions. Chen, Tao and Kris had already squished onto the other two seater sofa, Chanyeol was sprawled awkwardly – as usual – over the single arm chair, Suho and Lay had taken to the table and chairs and Luhan and Sehun were already over by the song list scrolling through them, Sehun looking a little like a weary old dog while Luhan was more of an energetic bumbling puppy. That left Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Xiumin to stand glaring at Kai in a line, all three of them with their arms crossed and rather resembling the power puff girls.

“Yah, Kai get up.” Baekhyun huffed at the younger. Kai merely smirked and stretched his arms up above his head and pointed his toes, cracking his shoulders and taking up even more space than before.

“I will sit on your face Kai, you know I will.” Kyungsoo threatened, one hand remaining on his hip while the other came up to waggle before his face.

“Be my guest baby.” Kai winked suggestively at Kyungsoo. Baekhyun watched as Kyungsoo’s anger melted instantly into a smirk as he waggled his eyebrows and at his top lip while taking a step toward Kai who had lifted himself eagerly to rest on his elbows. Baekhyun reached out and grabbed at Kyungsoo’s arm while Xiumin grabbed the other.

“No Kyung, be strong, stay mad.” Xiumin said, flicking him lightly on the nose with his free hand. Kyungsoo shook off his smirk as he looked innocently at Xiumin with a pout.

“You can’t win Baeky, just come sit here.” Chanyeol said patting his lap. Baekhyun huffed and let go of Kyungsoo to stomp over to Kai. Grabbing one of the younger’s ankles and one of his wrists he tugged and pushed harshly until the gangly teen fell in a lump on the floor, a loud groan coming from where he lay.

“Pfft, I can’t win.” Baekhyun muttered, “Sofa’s yours guys.” Baekhyun said with a smile before flopping himself down in his boyfriend’s lap, giving his cheek a gently tap to tell him off for not having enough faith in his Kai dealing abilities. Chanyeol pouted a little but wrapped his long arms around Baekhyun’s waist none the less, gripping him tight to his own body.  Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol only to blush as he found Chanyeol’s gaze already fixed upon his own eyes, he didn’t look away but buried himself more snugly in the taller’s arms as he smiled happily at him.

“Me and Sehunnie have chosen our first song!” Luhan called, drawing the attention of the boys who has descended into their own conversations. “We’re going to do K.Will’s love blossom!” Luhan said excitedly before shoving one microphone into Sehun’s hand and grabbing up another one for himself, the expression on Sehun’s face made it very clear that he had no part in the song choice and that if it were any one but Luhan there would be no way in hell that he would do it.

“Kyungie, Suho-ah, after Hunhan, you know what song we’re doing.” Baekhyun said with a sly grin. Baekhyun heard Tao mutter aww Hunhan, that’s so cute to his left before he looked between Kyungsoo and Suho.

“Ma boy?!” Suho asked, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

“Hell yeah boy!” Kyungsoo whooped, accidentally whacking Kai in the face with his elbow as he did so. Chanyeol seemed completely unsurprised by the three boy’s antics while Kai was gripping his now bleeding nose and groaning whereas Lay merely looked between the three boys with a slack jaw before murmuring, “What did I marry into.” Under his breath.

“You marry our Suho and you get the whole family, mmhmm.” Kyungsoo said, snapping his finger at Lay with pursed lips. Lay facepalmed but Baekhyun could see the grin pulling at his lips as he pulled Suho a little closer. 

 

A/N: Part two will continue from here, it should be up by Wednesday night at the latest becaus that is the day of my last exam :) I hope you enoyed this chapter although I know it's still a little short :/ <3