Just Ordinary Boy 2

Just Ordinary Boy

Title: Just Ordinary Boy
Pairings: YunJae,
Rating: PG 13
Genre: Romance, Drama, HS
Beta Read by: [info]arcticmoonrise 

Length: Chapters


 

CHAPTER 2

Prince And Princess contest

 

Everyone in the school was already talking about it very early the next morning. The student council is going to hold a “The Prince And the Princess” contest this month. Well, everybody knows the  “Prince” contest, an event that is always held at the end of the semester. However, this time is going to be a bit different. For one, the contest is going to be held at the start of the school year. Everybody was already excited and most were screaming with joy until they came across the word “PRINCESS”. They all looked at each other. What does the word “PRINCESS” have to do with an ALL BOYS SCHOOL?

 

Rules on how to enter the Prince And Princess contest:

 

1. The contestants need to send a picture showing their best pose.

 The Top 30 contestants will be chosen by the teachers.

2. The Top Ten and the winner will be decided and voted upon by the student body.

3. The Top 10 results will be shown to the public before the voting for the ultimate winner starts.

4. Deadline of submissions will be three days from now.

 

*This contest is only open to all students of Chung GeongDan High School.

The lucky winner will get a  ‘very special’ treatment in this school for one year. Breakfast and lunch as well as books, uniforms and school fees are all free. Furthermore, the winner will become  Chung GeongDan High School's spokesman.

 

FREE!?! This is like the dream come true of every student.

 

The entire student body was very excited about this competition.

 

“This is so cool! There's a lot of pretty boys in this school who can become a princess.”

 

“I can’t wait to see who the Princess is going to be. Hahahaha! This contest will surely be fun!”

 

“Does the princess have to dress like a girl too?”

 

And everybody around burst with laughter.

 

“Are you really sure about this?” Siwon said while scratching his head. He never thought that the student council president could think of this crazy idea. Yunho just smiled while watching the crowd gather at the bulletin board area.

 

“Trust me on this, ok? Look at all the students! They are already going crazy about this contest! Besides, I’ve already met with the principal and he has already approved this idea. Now let’s go to work. We have lots of work to do.”

 

Today is the first day of registration  for the “Prince and Princess” contest and the student council was very shocked with the number of students who came to register.

 

“I never thought that you were going to take my words seriously,  man.” Yoochun who came from nowhere patted his friend on the  shoulder while laughing and shaking his head.

 

“Yah! Thanks to you, genius.” He gave him a smile and patted Yoochun's shoulder, too.

 

Flashback

 

“What are you thinking about? Why are you spacing out?” Yoochun took a chair and sat beside his friend who looked totally miserable.

 

“This!” Yunho gave him the files that contain their school activity record.

 

“Wow! What is this? I can't sense the problem here, Yunho. Spill it out already!”

 

Yunho sighed. “I don’t know how to explain this to you, Chun. Last year was the worst year for our school's academics and sports. We were far behind other schools in academics and sports, so this year, our principal wants the student council to do something about it and, it has already stressed me a lot. I think the reason for the school's dismal performance is the school's boring and dull atmosphere.. Changing the school's atmosphere needs a lot of work and I just don't know how I'm going to do that!” Yunho ranted to Yoochun.

 

“Hmmm, boring and dull? So you also noticed it? But I think its not only that, this school also lacks energy! The students need a new  source of energy to bring back the vivacious atmosphere! Hey, you should do something about it now before all the students turn into zombies. Maybe, bringing some girls inside the campus would help?” Yunho's eyes widened when he heard Yoochun's words. Yoochun was only kidding him but it certainly gave him an idea.

 

“Why girls? How would bringing in some girls liven the atmosphere?”

 

“Well, girls can support and cheer for us guys during sports events. They can also provide some entertainment. Us boys need something that can make us feel happy and alive. Girls can also calm us when we are nervous. Don’t tell me you don’t know this, Yunho?” Yoochun smirked.

 

“Aish… You're right. But who said that men can’t do the same things girls do?” Yunho smirked at him back.

 

“Well, in that case, just find a man, turn him into a girl and your problems are settled! Hahaha!” Yoochun laughed at his suggestion while Yunho thought about it seriously.

 

“Transforming a man into the girl? Girls who can provide entertainment for the school? Yah! That’s it! Thank you man! You just saved the day!” Yoochun was startled with Yunho's reaction.

 

“Hey man! I was just kidding! Where’s your sense of humor, dude?” Yunho ignored his words and started typing something on his laptop.

 

End of Flashback

 

“Yah! What were you really thinking when you decided to organize this contest, Yunho? Are you out of your mind? I was just kidding when I blurted about that last week. I knew it! Something was going on in your mind.  Why did you use  my stupid ideas for this ridiculous contest, anyway? I thought you were the smart one among us.”

 

Yoochun look at his friend's face for an answer but what he got was laughter. He knows that Yunho is the the smartest guy in school so for Yunho to come up with this stupid contest is unbelievable!   Actually, Yoochun didn't know about the contest until a while ago. He got a big surprise while reading the notice on the bulletin board. He can’t believe the conversation that he and Yunho had last week has created something so serious like this. Hell, since when did Yunho become crazy like him?

 

 

“Like you said, the school needs something to change its atmosphere. Can you see those excited faces over there? (Pointing to the crowded group in the notice board areas) I think we need something new and fun to cheer up our school's surroundings. That’s why I added the “Princess” part of the contest. It is something that we've never done before and this school needs something different. So tighten your seat belt, my friend, because we will surely have a hell lot of fun this month.” Yunho calmly said while watching the crowd.

 

“That’s not what I meant, Yunho. A boy as a princess? Does that sound funny to you?” Yoochun raised his eyebrow claiming an explanation from him.

 

“Didn't you say that I’m the smarter one? Don’t forget that we are in a boy's school, Chun. I realized there's something special about being in one and took advantage of it. Our environment's a little bit different from a co-ed school and a guy's hormones also work differently here. Can’t you see my point, Chun?” Yoochun tried to process every word that Yunho has said.

 

“Wait a minute. Omo! So your plan is to TURN ALL OF US INTO GAYS?” Yoochun was shocked and the bewildered look in his face made Yunho laugh out loud.

 

“Why do you look so surprised about this? Don't you belong to “the federation”, too?” Yunho smirked at him.

 

“Who said that? I’m straight, ok!” Yoochun's face turned red as a tomato.

 

“You’re so funny, Chun. Just admit it. I’m ok about you being gay. You don’t need to hide it from me.”

*smack*

 

“Hey Susu…” Yoochun quickly turned his back when Yunho mentioned Junsu's name, but he didn't see his ‘Susu’ there. His eyes widened and faced Yunho with a look that said “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?”.

 

“See? I told you!” Yunho said while laughing loudly.

 

“You tricked me? You're so mean!” This time he gave Yunho a pouting face.

 

“Hey Su, what are you doing here?” This time Yunho stopped laughing and began talking seriously to the person behind Yoochun.

 

“You can not fool me again Yun. Save that trick for another time! I’m not going to admit it no matter what!” Yoochun uttered those words confidently.

 

“Admit what Chunnie?” Someone tapped his shoulder and Yoochun knew the owner of that voice very well. He turned to Junsu and gave him the sweetest smile that he could muster. Yunho tried to stifle his laughter.

 

“ju..ju..Junsu... What are you doing here?” Yoochun has finally spoken while trying to cover his blushing face.

 

“I came to take this.” Junsu showed him the form that he was holding in his right hand.

 

“So, in which category are you going to participate in Su? Prince or Princess?” Yunho looked at Yoochun for a second just to then he looked back at Junsu who was obviously trying to cover his blushing face as well.

 

“Category? Hmmm... Let's see… Chunnie ah, what category should I choose?” Junsu said ily. Yoochun's eyes widened and his mouth gaped at Junsu's statement. Junsu giggled seeing his reaction.

 

 “Well, I have to think about it later. Anyway, the ”princess thing” was a good idea, Yunho! I never thought that you could come up with magnificent ideas like this. I have to go now, Yun. See ya…bye Chunnie.” Junsu gave Yoochun a wink then he walked away.

 

“Ok…you can close your mouth now!” Yunho teased Yoochun who's eyes were still staring at Junsu's figure. Apparently, he was still caught up in his dream world to hear Yunho.

 

“When will you tell him that you love him?” Yunho tapped him to bring him back to reality.

 

“Eeerrr…...what did you say?” Yoochun blinked his eyes. Yunho just shook his head. Anyway, this always happens after Yoochun sees Junsu.
 

****************
TBC

a/n: Special thanks to my betareader for this story arcticmoonrise for beta reading this story for me and for the readers. Enjoy the new chappie ne...^_*