Just Ordinary Boy 5

Just Ordinary Boy

Title: Just Ordinary Boy
Pairings: YunJae,
Rating: PG 13
Genre: Romance, Drama, HS
Beta Read by: [info]arcticmoonrise 
Length: Chaptered

 

CHAPTER 6

‘Guardian Angel’

 

Jaejoong quickened his steps. Someone has been following him since this morning. When he turned around the corner, he felt that being turned around as well. His instincts told him so, and they've never been wrong before. He suddenly thought of his cousin.

 

He quickly grabbed his hand phone to call Changmin.

 

“Where is my hand phone?! Oh no! I might have forgotten to bring it with me...

 

CRAP! I left it in the classroom!”

 

Flashback

 

Everybody was busy at the field. Changmin was a participant in many sports while Jaejoong, Yunho, Junsu and Yoochun were at the corner of the field supporting him. While watching his donsaeng compete, Jaejoong suddenly remembered that he forgot to bring his hand phone. He told Junsu that he needed to get his hand phone from the classroom. Junsu offered to accompany him but Jaejoong refused since that would just get between Junsu and Yoochun. He's already aware of their relationship. Changmin already told him everything. Since Yunho already left for his meeting, he decided that it was the perfect time to leave the two alone.

 

“Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you?” Junsu asked.

 

“Of course, Junsu,” Jaejoong smiled.

 

“I want to tour the school since it's just my third day here. Don't worry, I’ll be fine by myself. Just cheer for Changmin on my behalf . I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

 

“Okay,” Junsu nodded.

 

End of flashback

 

Jaejoong tried to walk faster to escape his stalker. Suddenly, he found an empty, dimly lit room with an old piano on the corner.

 

“What room is this? Since it empty, maybe no one would mind if I try out the piano.” 

 

He entered the room suddenly, someone coughed. He saw a nervous-looking man sitting on the corner. He was wearing some sports uniform.

 

He must be one of the school's athletes.

 

The unknown man looked at Jaejoong and frowned.

 

“I’m sorry for interrupting you. I’ll be going now,” Jaejoong quickly turned his back and moved towards the door.

 

“You don’t have to leave. I just…” he looked very distracted.

 

Jaejoong took a seat beside the man and decided to talk to him.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

“Errr…y..yes, I guess,” he answered. He was very nervous and he was clasping his hands very tight.

 

“Are you worried about something? You can talk about it with me.”

 

“Er…yeah…I'm just nervous. I'm afraid I won't be able to do my best like I did last year.”

 

“Hey, looking back on the past will do you no good. Instead, live in the present and prepare for the future. You can’t do anything about past but you can definitely do something for the present and for the future,” Jaejoong tapped the boy's shoulder.

 

“I guess your right.” He sighed and smiled.

 

“How about I give you a special present? I hope it can calm you and inspire you.”

Jaejoong went to the piano and sat on the bench. The man was shocked and quickly turned his face to Jaejoong.

 

He took a deep breath. He slowly placed his fingers on the piano keys then he started playing. A beautiful melody and an angelic voice started to fill the room.


I'll always believe in the strength that breathes in you
Your persevering appearance has awoken me
And has shown me that we can win it all
We've waited a long time for that time when we unite again
Fifty million hearts, hearts in which we carve our flag
We'll do this with you so that you won't be lonely
Please show us our rising flame,
The fighting spirit that, with our lasting love, does not give in,
So that it may ring throughout the world
We've dreamed a truly beautiful dream, protecting it with our love
Caress the ailing minds, outstretch your hands
Let us be by your side, until the day we win
Please show us our rising flame,
The fighting spirit that, with our lasting love, does not give in,
And is in everyone's hearts
We were able to know,
With an impossible amount of perspiration
That we would achieve our dreams only through our tears
Open your hearts wide, and always give your best
Please don't forget how hard we must try
I believe that, with you, our cheers
Will work miracles once more,
That the world will be ours once again
Please show us our rising flame,
The fighting spirit that, with our lasting love, does not give in,

So that it may ring throughout the world
Warriors of the nation we're proud of...
Towards victory, Korea~

 

Jaejoong finally finished the song and smiled at the man. The man clapped his hands and smiled back.

 

“Wow! That's the best performance that I've ever seen. Are you a singer? You have a really beautiful voice, it made me shiver, you know!”

 

Jaejoong blushed because of that compliment.

 

“Thank you.” Jaejoong bowed to him. Suddenly, a person walked towards them.

 

“Captain, there you are. We will be starting in a few minutes. They’re all waiting for you.”

 

“Thank you for that beautiful performance. Because of you, my nervousness is gone now. Oh… my name’s Choi Dong Wook. Please remember it until we meet again. Thanks for your kindness. I've got to go now.” Dong Wook and the other man left.

 

“Well, show me your best performance Dong Wook-shii! Make sure you win, ok?” Jaejoong shouted as the man left.

 

“I will! I promise you, Angel!”

Jaejoong giggled when Dong Wook called him 'angel'.  Then he moved again to the piano.

 

“Uhmm, you really have a great voice.”

 

Jaejoong quickly turned to the direction of the voices and he was shocked with what he saw.

 

“YOU?! I’m sorry, is there anything that I can do for you?” It was Shindong and his friends.

 

“Actually, we come here to apologize for what happened yesterday,” Shindong lowered his head.

 

“Oh.. There's no need for that. Wait the minute, so you were the one who was following me this morning?”

 

Shin dong nodded.

 

“We are really sorry about that too. We tried to talk to you when you were alone but you look so scared and you keep running.” Jaejoong chuckled.

 

“No.. I mean it's really ok.”

 

“Really? There's something that we want to do for you right now.” Jaejoong look shocked when Shindong, Eunhyuk and Yesung came toward him and knelt in front of him.

 

“What are you guys doing? What's going on here? Please stand up. Don’t be like this,” Jaejoong quickly grabbed Shindong's arm and lifted him to make him stand up but Shindong refused to move an inch.

 

“Please allow us to show our appreciation for your kindness. From now on, we are going to serve you. We will serve, protect and cherish you as our sweet angel. We will treat you as a princess no, as our queen. Our loyalty lies only with you. Anything you say will be our command. Right guys?”

 

“Yes sir!” Shindong's friends answered.

 

Jaejoong started to feel guilty and confused. He really had no idea  what to say.

 

“Guys, please don’t do this,” he tried to make Eunhyuk and Yesung move but they refused to budge.

 

“We will not move from our positions until you accept our intentions,” Shindong said with determination.

 

“Just give an order,” someone whispered in Jaejoong's ear. He turn to see where the voice came from.

 

“Yunho? What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in the meeting room?” Jaejoong bowed his head while Yunho only smiled at him.

 

“I'll tell you later but before that, make your 'soldier' stand up first.” Jaejoong nodded.

 

“Uhmm.. Shindong, Eunhyuk and Yesung, I... I order you to stand up.”

They quickly stood up and smiled at jaejoong.

 

“Thank you princess Jaejoong,” Jaejoong gasped when they called him 'princess',

 

“Your soldiers will do anything you tell them.”

 

“Please, instead of calling yourselves soldiers, I would rather I call you my friends. And please don’t call me 'Princess Jaejoong'. You can call me by my name.”

 

“We will try Jaejoong-shii. But, we like to call you our Princess Jaejoong more then, how about calling you 'princess' only? Sounds nice to me. Can we please call you that?” Jaejoong face-palmed  while Yunho just laughed.

 

“Could you at least call me 'prince' instead of 'princess'?” He pouted.

 

“We can’t do that princess because we have already etched 'Princess Jaejoong' in our hearts. Please don’t break our poor little hearts!” they begged him with puppy eyes which made Jaejoong melt.

 

“Aish….I guess it can’t be help,” Jae finally gave up. The three smiled at each other.

 

“Oh.. we almost forgot. We have a mission to do for our Princess here,” Eunhyuk reminded his leader.

 

“Mission? What mission? For me?” Jaejoong scratched his head.

 

“We will be right back, princess until then, please take care of our princess, Master Yunho. We trust you with all our souls. Come on guys! Time for work,” they quickly ran out of the room leaving a dumbfounded Jaejoong and hysterical Yunho.

 

“Hey, you're not keeping bowing your head anymore!”

 

“Should I take that as a compliment?” Jaejoong blushed and turned away from Yunho. He doesn't have to worry about Yunho seeing his red cheeks since the room was still dark.

 

“Well, you haven't told me why you're here,” Jaejoong tried to avoid Yunho's gaze by staring instead at a table.

 

“Oh, about that. Yoochun asked me to find you since Junsu was so worried already.”

 

Yunho took a seat beside Jaejoong on the piano bench. Jaejoong was randomly flipping the music book in front of him.

 

“Don't you still have a meeting?” he asked him while he tried to read the music score on the book.

 

“Actually, that was only a lie. It was part of my plan since Yoochun told me yesterday that he wanted to confess to Junsu today,” Jaejoong widened his eyes and closed the book.

 

“What? Why didn’t you tell me? You should have told me so that I could have left earlier.”

 

“I’m sorry. That’s why I came back there to get you.”

 

Then, Yunho started playing a song. Jaejoong froze for a moment. He was surprised that Yunho could play the piano.

 

“I heard you while you were singing to Dong Wook,” Yunho said while playing the piano.

 

“Uh? You were there too?” Jaejoong widened his eyes and turned to the man beside him. This is embarrassing!

 

“Yup. And like what Dong Wook has said, you have a very beautiful voice,” he turned to Jaejoong and winked at him while playing. He finally finished the song and then he smiled.

 

“How did you know that I'm here?”

 

“I saw your three stupid musketeers stalking you while I was going to the washroom this morning. I thought they were planning to do something bad to you. I decided to follow them then, I saw them freeze in front of this door while listening to your song.”

 

“Aish, why didn’t you tell me they were following me when we met in the field? Yah! It's really tiring trying to run away from them you know. I thought I was going to die because of fright!” Yunho laughed. Of course he saw how afraid Jaejoong was, but he was so curious about what the three were planning so he decided to stay back until Jaejoong needed his help.

 

“Who were they anyway? And why did they call you 'master'?  I can see that they respect you very well.”

 

“They are famous gangsters in this school. They always get into trouble but don’t worry because they can be nice too. About the 'master thing', I just saved them from dropping out of school. After that day, they did to me exactly what they did to you. They promised that they will respect me and help me at all times. But hey, I guess you’re luckier because they called you 'Princess' and  showered you with more attention than I did!” Yunho chuckled and smirked.

 

“Lucky? How could a man be lucky when he is being called a 'Princess' by a bunch of gangsters? ” Jae pouted.

 

“Princess, we’re back. Here you are,” Shindong handed the hand phone to Jaejoong.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot about it. Thank you my friends,” they smiled happily back at him.

 

“Anything for you princess.”

 

Jaejoong just smiled. Well, I guess I better get used to it. Having them with me seems to be not a bad idea after all.

 

“I've got to go now, Jae. I think we have already given Junsu and Yoochun enough time. Guys, let me borrow your princess for now, ok?” Yunho grabbed Jaejoong's wrist and the two of them immediately left the room.

 

“Since it was Master Yunho who asked, there's no need for our permission. Enjoy yourself princess. See you tomorrow,” They gladly waved Jaejoong goodbye.

 

When Yunho and Jaejoong stepped out of the room, Jae automatically hanged his head down. Yunho just shook his head and lowered his head too. “I give up,” he mumbled. Jaejoong just smiled.

 

Aaarrggghhh! Not again!

 

**************

TBC

 A/n: Thank you so much to my lovely betareader userinfo.gif?v=93arcticmoonrise for betaread this story for me...