Chapter 23

Angel

(A/N Sorry, I haven’t updated, I had like three projects due in the same week.)

Niga saranghaneun naneun sorry i’m a bad boy
Geurae charari tteona jal gayo you’
re a good girl
Siga
ni galsurok nal almyeoneun alsurok silmangman namatgetjiman

Baby don’t leave me i know you still love me
Wae geurae soljikhi na malhae niga pillyohae my lay lay lay lay lady my lay lay lay lay lady

(Bad Boy – Big Bang)

-Sehun’s POV-

The next day, we went to the hospital. Mom and dad were holding hands, and mom was shaking as the doctor came over to us.

“The surgery went well, as far as we know. He hasn’t woken up yet, though,” he said after shaking my parents’ hands. He sighed. “We don’t know if he can move. Since he hasn’t been awake yet, we haven’t been able to tell.”

Mom shakily brought her hand up to cover . She turned to dad and he held her tightly. “He’ll move. He’ll be okay. Let’s go see him.” dad whispered and kissed her.

The 4 of us went to Luhan’s hospital room and sat next to him. Mom reached out and gently his hair. “Oh, Luhan” she whispered as her eyes began to water.

“Dad, what if he doesn’t move?” I whispered. Dad bit his lip and wrapped an arm around mom. He glanced at me.

 “Then we’ll figure something out. But don’t think like that, Sehun. Of course he’ll be able to move.”

Dad sighed and got up.

“I need a smoke,” he mumbled and moved towards the door. I got up and followed him outside. He lit a cigarette and put his arm around me.

“You ever smoke one of these cancer sticks, I’ll kill you,” he said as he blew the smoke out. I shook my head.

“I won’t, and Luhan wouldn’t either, he told me once, he hates smoking.” Dad smiled softly.

“Good,” he said.

“Dad, I’m scared. What if his whole body is paralyzed? Or even his legs?” I whispered. Dad placed the cigarette back in his mouth and ran a hand through his hair.

“Then we’ll get him a wheelchair. Hell, I’ll pay for 20 more surgeries if it means he can walk. But we don’t know if he’s paralyzed or not, Sehun. Don’t think like that. This time, get your hopes up really high. Of course Luhan will be able to move.”

Dad looked down at me and away quickly as his eyes began to water. He wiped them in embarrassment and took a long drag on his cigarette. My dad never cried. Never.

“That stupid ing tree, the day he fell out of it, I was so angry that I cut it down as soon as I got home from the hospital. You remember that, Sehun? I never was good at keeping an eye on Luhan, even with his back.” He sighed sadly.

“He needed me, and I couldn’t reach him in time. If I had just been able to catch him that day. It probably would’ve broken my arms, but I don’t give a . He shouldn’t have gotten hurt just because I was too stupid to pay attention to my little kids.”

“It’s not your fault, dad. It was mine. I started crying, and he didn’t want to see that so he climbed the damn tree,” I whispered. Dad hugged me tightly. “No, Sehun. It wasn’t you fault. You were 5 years old. It’s not like you knew he was going to climb the tree and fall out of it,” he said.

“Can we go back into his hospital room, dad? I want to be with him,” I said quietly. He nodded and took one last drag on his cigarette before putting it out.

We went inside and walked back to Luhan’s hospital room. We sat next to him and mom looked up at us.

“I just wish he would wake up. He looks like he’s in so much pain,” she whispered and bent down, gently pressing her lips to his forehead.

 

I looked away, feeling a powerful urge to kiss his lips. Wake up sleeping beauty; your brother just made out with you in front of your parents and sister. Yeah, that would make a wonderful fairy tale. Maybe we could write it while we were living out on the streets after mom and dad kicked us out. Fun time, fun times.

Instead, I bit my lip and fought the urge. I just wanted to jump on him and scream at him to wake up. I was so terrified right now. I just wanted to know if my big brother could move. What if he really was paralyzed? What if he could never move again?

We sat with Luhan for two hours, all of us silent, just waiting for him to wake up so we knew if he was paralyzed or not. My heart was hammering, threatening to break through my ribs, and I felt like I was going to throw up if he didn’t wake up soon. I was so scared for him.

Finally, Luhan’s eyes slowly blinked open and he let out a slight groan.

“Luhan.” mom said in relief and kissed him. “Oh, Luhan; you’re awake,” she whispered happily.

“Eomma, ” he whimpered.

 “Where’s Sehun?” I tried not to blush. Mom pointed at me and Luhan’s eyes slid over.

“Sehun.” he whimpered.

 “You’re okay, Luhan.” I said gently. But now my heart was really racing. He had moved his eyes, not his head.

The doctor came into Luhan’s room and nodded.

“Luhan, I see you’re awake. I figured it would take this long for the medicine to wear off.” He came over and stood next to Luhan, checking things to make sure everything was right with him.

“Luhan, I’m going to ask you to move, okay? Just raised your arms and your legs and wiggle your toes and fingers,” the doctor said once he was done checking everything. Luhan looked at him in fear, as if unable to comprehend what he was saying.

“Luhan, honey, please move something, anything,” mom said gently, his hair. His eyes slid over to her, filled with uncontained terror.

“Luhan?” I whispered. Why wasn’t he even trying? I felt like I was going to faint any second now. Something, anything, wiggle a toe, twitch a finger, move his head. Anything to set me at ease that he wasn’t paralyzed.

“Eomma." Luhan choked out.

 “Please move, Luhan.” she whispered, her eyes starting to water. I felt myself began to shake.

No, no, no, no, please, no.

 I knew the words he was going to say before he even said them.

“I can’t,” he whispered.

(A/N COMMENT!)