Chapter 26

Angel

(A/N HOLA, MI AMIGOS! Sorry I haven’t been updating! Enjoy!)

That I should’ve bought you flowers

And held your hands

Should’ve gave you all my hours

when I had the chance

Take you to every party cause I remember how you love to dance

Do all I should’ve done When I was your man

(When I Was Your Man – Bruno Mars)

***Luhan’s POV***

 

         The next day, I woke up and my back felt like it was on fire. I bit my lip against a cry of pain as I shifted to get my pills.

Sehun.

         I shouldn’t have let him go on top of me. It had probably thrown my back out. I was supposed to be extremely careful. But I didn’t want to lose him. I took my pills and my heating pad, resting my back on it gently and praying that the pain would go away; It hurt so badly. I wasn’t going back to school for a few weeks. My parents had worked everything out with my teachers though, and I would be able to graduate up with the rest of my class as long as I went to summer school. I wasn’t really looking forward to summer school, but it wouldn’t be the first time I’d have to go there. Besides, Sehun could just tutor me and help me pass everything. I understood things when he taught them to me. “

                      Cause I’m fire but you keep on standing still ~ “I sang, just to entertain myself. I was so bored. I was not the kind of person that could sit around like this. “Yeah, I’m burning down but you keep on standing still ~” I sighed and grabbed my phone, texting Lay to entertain myself. I winced as the movement made my back flare. I’d have to be way more careful if I didn’t want to go in for another surgery or something. I was terrified of surgery. I grabbed my iPod and flicked through it, searching for songs. My back throbbed and I gasped and dropped my phone to the ground.

        “,” I hissed and set my iPod down carefully. I bent over to retrieve my phone and my back exploded into wave after wave of agony. “AH!” I shrieked and snapped back against the pillows, trying not to move.

       “Luhan!” dad cried, rushing into my room. “What’s wrong?!” I ground my teeth together and clenched my fists.

       “OW! Appa!” I screamed in pain.

        “Shh, calm down, Luhan.” he said gently and sat next to me.

       “Appa, help.” I panted and screamed in pain. He whipped out his phone and called 911 to get me an ambulance. I cried out in pain and fell into unconsciousness.

       When I woke up, I was back in the hospital. Dad was sitting next to me biting his nails nervously and staring at his cell phone.

      “Appa?” I croaked. He looked at me in relief.

      “Oh, you’re awake.” he said.

       “What happened?” I slurred.

        “They have to check to make sure you’re okay, Luhan. You were in a lot of agony and screaming when we got you here. Did you do something to hurt your back?” he asked, brushing my hair out of my face. They must have drugged me up. I felt numb and tired.

         “Sehun.” I mumbled. As my eyes began to close again, the last thing I saw was my dad’s eyes widen in shock. Then there was darkness.

***Sehun’s POV***

         Ailee and I opened the front door and stepped inside. I had homework to give to Luhan. I would probably have to help him with it, but I didn’t mind. I was actually looking forward to it. 

         “Hi, Appa.” Ailee greeted as he walked into the room.

         “Luhan’s back in the hospital,” he said flatly. We both looked at him in shock.

         “What? Why?” Ailee cried frowning deeply. I frowned deeply as well. Why was he back in the hospital? Had he fallen again?

         “Why don’t you ask, Sehun?” dad said, suddenly sarcastically vicious. My eyes widened in shock and I stared at him.

          “Bwoh?” I whispered. He stormed over and grabbed me roughly by my shirt. I dropped Luhan’s homework in surprise and papers fluttered around to the floor.

          “What did you do to him, Sehun?” dad snarled.

          “I didn’t do anything to him, Appa! I swear!” I cried desperately. Unless…oh no. Me being on top of him yesterday must’ve thrown his back out, and right after surgery, it must’ve sent him straight back to the hospital. And if he had gone back to the hospital, they had probably drugged him up so he wouldn’t be in pain. Then he wouldn’t know what he was saying. Dad had probably asked him how he had gotten hurt, and he had probably blurted out my name, oh, god.

           “You’re a liar!” he snapped. I bit my lip. I was going to have to make a decision. Lie to my dad or risk getting caught kissing Luhan. If I claimed to be innocent, he would keep asking Luhan. If Luhan was still drugged up, he might just spill our secret on accident. If I lied, dad would stop asking Luhan about it and our parents would never have to know about our relationship. I looked into my dad’s eyes, eyes that had favored me for so many years. But now that Luhan was seriously hurt, my dad was becoming protective of him again. I didn’t blame him. Luhan had almost become paralyzed. Hell, he still could become paralyzed. I bit my lip and nodded slowly.

           “It was an accident.” I whispered and he shook me more and got right in my face.

           “What did you do to him?” he hissed dangerously.

           “I jumped on. After Uncle Suho left his room, I jumped on him. I heard his back crack. I didn’t mean to do it,Appa, I swear! He just…he was making fun of me. I got mad. I didn’t mean to hurt him.” I whispered.

          “You ing moron!” dad roared and shoved me to the ground. “Now he might need to go back into surgery! You stay away from him when he comes back home, you hear me? You stay the away from him!” he screamed. I hung my head in shame. Lie or not, I really had been the one who had hurt him. Stay away from him. Yes, I would stay away from him. All I ever did was hurt him. I would just stay away from him from now on

(A/N This was a filler chapter, but comment and subscribe! I’ll try to update soon but I cannot promise anything!)