Chapter 24

Angel

 

(A/N HAPPY HOLIDAYS MY DEAR FANS! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating but it's because I been studying for exams and I just finished them and was way to tired to write anything. But anyway this is my belated Christmas present to y'all and my early New Year's gift. ENJOY~)
Da chiugo Pump up the volume! (Up up)
Deudgi shirheo Pump up the volume! (Up up)
Galsurok deo byeonhaejil geoya ah dokhage
Eh eh eh 
Oh deo, uh uh uh uh uh Uh uh uh uh uh 
Oh deo, uh uh uh uh uh Uh uh uh uh uh 
-Sehun's POV-
            "What?” mom whispered. 
 
The doctor placed a hand on Luhan’s shoulder.
 
 “It might be because of the medicine. He’s probably still numb. Give it some time to wear off, and then we’ll try again. I’m sure you’re okay, Luhan.” he said with a friendly smile.
 
                The doctor said something quietly to my parents before leaving 
Luhan’s hospital room. A tear dripped down mom’s face and she kissed Luhan. 
 
“You’ll be okay once the medicine wears off, Luhan.” she whispered shakily.
 
                “I can’t move! Momma, I can’t move.” he whimpered. God, he was breaking my heart. He hadn’t called our mom “momma” since he was a little kid.
 
                “Luhan, it’s going to be okay. I swear to god it’s going to be okay,” mom managed. She was shaking. 
“Luhan, we’ll be right back.” dad said gently, kissing his forehead and helping mom up as she began to cry. He led her out of the room.
 
                “I’ll go check on them.” Ailee said quietly and got up. She left the room and shut the door as she went. I scooted up next to Luhan and took his hand in mine.
 
                “I can’t move, Sehun, I’m scared,” he whispered, his eyes watering. I leaned forward and kissed him deeply. I pulled back and gently brushed my fingers on his cheek. 
“I’m right here, Luhan,” I promised. “I’m not going to leave you.”
 
                He closed his eyes and I kissed him gently. I began to his cheek as he fell back asleep, a tear crawling down his face as he did so. I wiped it away and kissed his forehead.
 
                I pulled away from him as I heard the door opening. Mom, dad, and Ailee came in and silently sat down around Luhan. 
“He fell back asleep,” I said quietly. 
“Oh god, my poor baby,” mom whispered, dad hugged her tightly. 
“He’s going to be okay. He’s tough.” he whispered.
 
                It was another 2 hours of painful silence before Luhan woke up again. He looked around the room, panicking a little until his eyes rested on me. “Luhan, how do you feel?” I asked quietly. What if still couldn’t move?
 
                “Hungry,” he said with a shaky grin. Trying to act like he wasn’t possibly paralyzed. I smiled back softly. Dad placed a gentle hand on Luhan’s arm. 
“Can you move now?” he asked anxiously. Luhan got a look of concentration of his face and he slowly turned his head towards dad.
 
                I let out a sigh of relief, unaware of the fact that I had been holding my breath. Luhan slowly twitched his fingers and bit his lip as he tried to lift his arm. He managed to slightly raise it off of the bed before it thumped back down. 
“It feels so heavy,” he whispered.
 
                “It’s okay. You’re drugged up pretty good. That’s normal,” dad said encouragingly. He glanced at Luhan’s legs and bit his lip. 
“Buddy, try to move your legs.” he said, holding Luhan’s hand tightly. Luhan looked at dad in terror.
 “What if I can’t?” he whispered.
 
                “Then we’ll see if there’s anything they can do to fix it. Luhan, you need to try. We’re going to love you no matter what.” dad said fiercely. Luhan looked down at his legs and then up at me. I nodded at him. 
“Please try.” I whispered.
 
                He looked back down at his legs and got a look of extreme concentration on his face. We all watched anxiously. My heart dropped when his legs didn’t move.
 
                His foot twitched and relief swept through the entire room. Luhan managed to twitch both feet and slightly bend his knees. 
“I can move.” he whispered, his eyes watering. “And in two weeks, you’ll be back home.” dad said, smiling happily.
 
                “Are you in pain, Luhan?” mom asked. He shrugged.
 “It’s not as bad as it was before.” he said and shifted a little on the bed. He slowly tried to lift his arm again, but it fell back to the bed and he sunk on the pillows. 
“I’m exhausted, just from trying to lift my arms and bending my knees,” he whispered.
 
                “Well, you just got out of surgery, . No, duh, you’re exhausted doing simple things.” I grumbled. “Oh-Xi Sehun!” mom cried. 
But Luhan smirked at me. It was tired, but it was honest. “Shikireo.” he said and laughed lightly.
 
                He turned to mom and dad.
 “Can you guys go get me food?” he asked and they stood up and nodded. They left the room and Ailee and I turned to him. 
 
“I have to piss. I’ll be right back, Luhan.” Ailee said and smiled at him. She got up and left the room too.
 
                I leant down and kissed Luhan deeply. 
“I’m so happy you can move.” I whispered.
 “Help me out here.” he said, nodding at his arms. I picked them up and wrapped them around my neck. Luhan smiled and slowly lifted his head off the pillow to press his lips to mine.
 
                “I love you so much, Sehun.” he whispered. 
“Yeah, me too.” I said and he rolled his eyes and laid back down on the pillows, his face pale.
 
                “Hey, stop over exerting yourself. It’s best just to rest.” I said gently, holding his hand. 
“I wish I could hug you, really hug you.” he said with a sad sigh. I kissed him carefully and smiled. “Soon enough, Luhan.”
 
                He smiled softly. “Wo Ai Ni, Sehunnie." he whispered. 
 
"Nado, Saranghae, Luhan GeGe. ” I said and released his hand as the door opened and our parents came back in the room to feed Luhan.
 
(A/N Okay, I just noticed I never use any Chinese honorifics are phrases and crap like that. So yeah, I decided to throw some in. I'm not a person who likes using Korean or Chinese phrases in my stories that much, only once in a while to make it more Asian...? I guess, lol, comeeennnnt.)
 P.S. I also want to explain the Jordan thing. I posted this story on another website but it's not an fan fiction website, and I always post on there first then post on here with different names, obvi. So if you catch any different names just tell me and I'll fix it.