Chapter 12

Angel

(A/N ANOTHER UPDATE? VAAAAT YOU SAY? Yes, people, I’m making another chapter, bow down to me my loyal minions. LOL. ENJOY~)

[All] And, Can you smile?
[Sunggyu] niga wonhajanha
Niga barajanha
Nae mam maneuroneun
Neol jabeul suga eomneungabwa
[All] And, Can you smile?
[Woohyun] naega garajanha
Nan gwaenchantajanha
Majimak neoege
Nan igeot bakken mot junabwa

(Can U Smile – INFINITE)

-Luhannie’s POV-

I sighed in annoyance, glaring at my homework. I had been bedridden for 3 days, and forced to stay home and rest for another 2 days before my parents finally sent me back to school. I was still in pain, but I tried to pretend I wasn’t. I was too hyper of a person to be stuck in bed for 5 days.

“Sehun!” I called, hating that I had to do this. Still, if I didn’t pass math, dad would probably break my back for real this time. I had gotten the worst combination from my parents. I had my dad’s drive and my mom’s brains. Basically, it meant I wasn’t very smart and I was too lazy to do anything about it. My dad was a genius, but he was too lazy to apply himself. My mom wasn’t the brightest, but she had the drive to work hard and study and get good grades. Sehun had my dad’s brains and my mom’s drive. Ailee had my mom’s brains and her drive. Sehun was top of the freshmen class right now. Ailee was generally on honor roll every marking period. Me? I was lucky if I passed everything. My parents absolutely haunted me about that.

“Work harder, Luhan!”

“You’re smarter than this, Luhan!”

No, I wasn’t smarter. If I didn’t pick it up when it was being taught, I just didn’t learn it. Exams ed me up. And to add to all of that, I had a attention span of a goldfish, yup, three seconds. All this did not make a smart Luhan. Yoda, for the ing win, es. Sehun came into my room.

“What?” he asked in annoyance.

I was lying in my bed with my notebook in my lap. It hurt too much to it up for too long. I had to constantly find excuses to stand up in class.

“Help me with my math.” I said and pointed at it. He sighed and cam over. He picked it up and raised an eyebrow at me.

“Are you stupid? Number one you just convert degrees to radians, so its 30 degrees times pi over 180, which is pi over 6. The second one is just the arc length equals’ theta, which represents the central angle times the radius. And the third question you just divide by sin squared theta.”

I stared at Sehun utterly lost.

“You lost me after you said number one.” I said in confusion.

He sighed. “Do this one first, it’s the easiest. You Pascal’s Triangle.” He said and handed me my notebook back.

“What the is Pascal’s Triangle?” I asked, more confused than ever. Sehun rolled his eyes and yanked my notebook back out of my hands. He took my pencil and quickly scribbled something on the notebook before handing it back. What. The. Actual. . My 15 year old brother had all 10 lines of Pascal’s triangle memorized. What. The. .

“I don’t get it.” I said in confusion. What the was (3x-18y) to the 8th power supposed to equal? Sehun rolled his eyes again and sat next to me. I sat up a little.

He patiently began to explain my homework to me, surprising me. I thought he’d be incredibly annoyed at having to help his 17 year old brother with trig, but he didn’t get irritated once.

The most surprising part? I actually understood what he was saying. I never understood when my teacher’s tried to explain it to me, but what Sehun said made perfect sense to me. Well, about as much sense as trigonometry could possibly ing make. Which wasn’t much. Still, I was understanding it for the moment.

“Do you get it?” Sehun asked once we had finished the homework. I nodded, surprised.

“Yeah.” I said honestly, “I actually do get it. Even the composite functions. Who knew finding X of G of F was so easy?” I said sounding smart to myself.

“It’s really easy stuff.” Sehun said with a shrug.

“Wait, how do you understand it? Dude, you’re a freshman. You’re only in geometry.” I said, feeling dumber than ever. Sehun laughed and shrugged again.

“I study this stuff. I want to graduate a year early, so I work hard to learn everything ahead of time and still keep up with the current stuff. Don’t worry about it, Luhan; trigonometry is really hard. Appa didn’t even understand it when he was our age. He told me once, you know how smart Appa was.”

“So smart he forgot a and ended up with a kid.” I grumbled, pouting. I just had to be his first mistake. Lucky me, way to go, Luhan. You just had to be so ing fast. Guess I didn’t have a bad back when I was a .

“You’re thinking something stupid. And who cares? It’s not like he flat out hates you.” Sehun said with a casual shrug.

“Yeah, he does.” I said with a sigh.

Sehun bit his (A/N yummy) lip. “What if I tutor you? Then you’ll get 100, or somewhere close to it on your next trig test? You do that, he’ll be impressed.”

I eyed Sehun suspiciously. “Why would you do that?” I asked.

“Because. Deal or no deal?”

I sighed realizing I would probably regret it, but not really caring. I’d do anything to make my dad proud of me. Anything.

I stuck out my hand and Sehun grabbed it. “Deal.” I agreed and we shook. I became aware of how warm Sehun’s hand was in my own.

He smirked at me, “Good.” I also became aware of something odd. Iwas excited to sit down and study with my brother every night.

(A/N Can anybody smell Hunhan coming? Or is just me? NAW. COMMMENTTOOOOS.)