Chapter 30

Angel
 
 
                I jumped up in terror as Sehun sat back and groaned.
             
               “I’ll be back, Sehun!” I cried and rushed out to get the phone. I dialed my dad’s cell phone. He picked up on the second ring.
 
                “Appa! Get home now! Sehun just threw up blood!” I cried in terror. Dad froze before barking at mom to turn the damn car around and get home NOW.
 
                I hung up and went back into Sehun's room. I gripped his hand and brushed his hair out of his face. 
              “Luhan...I…did I just throw up blo....Luhan.” he whimpered and coughed. 
              
              “Sh, Sehun. It’s going to be okay. You’re going to be okay,” I promised.
 
                I sat with him until I heard the front door open. My parents rushed into Sehun's room and their faces paled as they saw the blood in the bucket. Dad hurried over and I released Sehun's hand. He carefully picked Sehun up and we all got into the car.
 
                Dad sat in the back, holding Sehun. Ailee sat shotgun while mom drove. Dad kissed Sehun's forehead as Sehun began to cough again.
             “Hey, you’re going to be okay, Sehun.” he promised gently.
 
                We got the hospital and got out of the car. Dad rushed Sehun inside and mom, Ailee, and I went to the waiting room. Dad joined us a few minutes later. Mom jumped up and wrapped her arms around him.
 
                “Please, tell me he’s going to be okay, Soo Man. Oh, please for the love of god tell me my little boy is going to be okay." she begged. Dad hugged her back, but even he looked terrified.
 
                “I don’t know, with Luhan, we knew the problem, with Sehun, we don’t. Luhan throwing out his back and Sehun coughing up blood are two completely different things. If Sehun’s coughing up blood like that, something is seriously wrong with him.” dad whispered. He and mom sat down, him keeping his arms around her.
 
                Ailee grabbed my hand, fear in her eyes. I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her forehead.
 
              “He’ll be okay,” I whispered, wishing it was true. But even I knew just how bad coughing up blood was.
 
                "Appa, he’ll be okay, right?” I asked nervously. Dad bit his lip, pain in his eyes. 
 
               “God, why does this happen to my kids?” he moaned. He looked at Ailee. 
               “Ailee, swear to god, if you get hospitalized, I’m going to kill myself."he said.
 
                Mom hit him. “Stop it Soo Man, don’t say that!” she said furiously.  
 
              “But I mean it. I swear this is karma for all the I pulled as a kid.” he said miserably. He looked at me and Ailee and shook his head.
              “I was a huge up as a kid. And now my kids are ending up in the hospital. I can’t do anything right.”
 
                His voice sounded so full of pain. It made me feel bad. I had heard a lot of stories about the way my dad used to be when he was a kid. Hell, the way he had been when mom got pregnant with me. Get drunk, get high, and es. That had been my dad. Then little Luhan came along. Oops, guess daddy can’t sleep around anymore. God forbid he has any more children.
 
                “Appa, do regret having kids?” I asked quietly. He looked me straight in the eyes. 
       
              “Never. I have never once regretted having kids. Yeah, we didn’t mean to have you, Luhan. But if I could go back in time, I wouldn’t change it. I love you, Ailee and Sehun, and if Sehun comes out of whatever the hell this is okay, then thank the freaking gods.” he said seriously.
 
 
                If. 
                If Sehun came out of this.
 
                A while later, the doctor came out and shrugged helplessly. 
 
              “We’re going to keep him overnight. We’re not sure what’s wrong with him. Mr. and Mrs. Oh-Xi, I can’t promise you he’s going to be okay until we know exactly what is wrong with him.”
 
                We thanked him and left. mom began to silently cry as we drove home. We got home, and I went upstairs and into Sehun’s room. I looked around his room and went to his closet. I opened the door and my heart dropped.
 
                The ball. He had kept the ball after all these years. I sat down and picked up a picture frame off the ground. It was us together with Ailee; when we were all little, and our parents were smiling with us.
 
                I dropped my face into my hands and began to shake. Sehun. Why the hell was this happening to him? He was a nerd and he could be an , but I loved him. I really, really loved him. And we could so easily make it. It was so simple to hide our relationship. I didn’t know what we would do in the future, when I was off to college. But who cares? For right now, we were together and we were happy. But now poor Sehun was in the hospital, coughing up blood.
 
                What if he didn’t make it out of whatever the hell was happening to him? What if I lost my little brother? The boy I was in love with?
 
                Kill myself. I wouldn’t let Sehun die alone. No, no, no. I needed to stop thinking like that. Of course Sehun wouldn’t die. He just couldn’t die. I gulped and wrapped my arms around my knees, wishing Sehun was here.
 
                “We believe ~" I sang softly and felt tears come to my eyes. Sehun had to be okay. I picked up the ball and bit my lip hard. 
 
         “You’ll be okay, Sehunnie.” I whispered and squeezed my eyes shut, hugging the ball to myself.