Chapter 14

Angel

(A/N Okay, so this is going to be like my second to last update I’m going to post one more chapter after this, so, look forward to it!)

 

Even when walking on a wire

Even when I set myself on fire

Why do always feel invisible

Invisible

Every day I try to look my best even when I know inside I’m such a mess

Why do I always feel invisible, Invisible

(Invisible –Skylar Grey)

 

-Luhan’s POV-

 

“Oh-Xi Luhan, did you cheat?”

 

 My trig teacher asked, staring at me as she passed back tests two days after my study session with Sehun. I shook my head, rolling my eyes.

 

“No. I didn’t cheat. I got someone to tutor me,” I explained, not at all embarrassed to admit that.

 

“Oh? Who?” she asked suspiciously.

 

“Sorry ma’am; that information is strictly classified,” I said with an affirmative nod.

 “Mr. Oh-Xi, who helped you?” she asked, annoyed with me.

 

“I plead the 5th!” I cried and buried my face into my hands.

 

She shook her head in disgust and set my test down on my desk. I grabbed it and flipped it over to check my grade. My heart literally stopped and a huge grin spread on my face.

 

“TAKE THAT YOU ES! OH-XI LUHAN GOT A ONE-ING-HUNDRED!” I cried triumphantly, fist pumping like a boss in my seat.

 

“Mr. Oh-Xi! Principal’s office now!” the teacher snapped.

 

“You know? the 5th! I passed something in this class! yeah detention; here I come!” I cheered joyfully, jumping up and grabbing my bag before skipping out of the room and down to the principal’s office.

 

“What did you do now, Mr. Oh-Xi?” the principal asked with a sigh.

 

“Swore. But I couldn’t help it. Do you see this? I got a one hundred! In trig! And I didn’t even have to copy to do it!”

 

 I smiled widely, realizing how proud my dad was going to be when he saw this. I was basically trembling in anxious excitement, dreaming of his proud smile and they way he’d ruffle my hair and tell me that I had done a good job.

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll let you off the hook this one time. Go back to class,” he said and waved me away with a small smile. For all the trouble I got in, I knew the principal had some soft spot for me. I was one of his favorites despite my behavioral issues.

I went to my next period class when the bell rang. When the end of the day came, I was shaking violently, my heart slamming as the bus neared my house. 100% on both my trig and history tests. My dad would be so damn proud of me.

 

 “Proud of you, little guy.” That’s all I wanted to hear from him. That was it. And I would finally get to hear it today.

I stepped off the bus and went over to Sehun as Ailee went inside the house.

 

 “Well?” he asked, a bit anxiously. “100% on both,” I said proudly.

 

He smiled. “Cool, Luhan. I’m happy for you.”

 

I couldn’t help but fling my arms around him. He stumbled back a little but laughed and hugged me back.

 

“Thank you, Sehun,” I whispered, hugging him tightly and never wanting to let him go.

 

“Go show, Appa. Don’t tell him I helped you,” he said and I released him and nodded.

 

 We walked inside and I rushed over to my dad. He glanced at me.

 

 “What, Luhan?” he asked.

A huge smirk broke out on my face and I held up the two tests.

“Look, Appa! I studied really hard and I got 100% on both of these!” I said, pride radiating off of me as he took the tests and examined them carefully. My palms grew sweaty as I waited for him to ruffle my hair and smile at me lovingly, pride in his cold eyes. But that didn’t happen. Instead, his eyes grew furious.

 

“You cheated, didn’t you?” he hissed.

 

My eyes widened and my face dropped. I shook my head violently. “Appa, I…I studied. I swear I did,” I whispered weakly.

He threw the tests at me and glared in absolute disgust.

 

 “You’re a liar and a cheater, Luhan! You’re not smart enough to get grades like that!” he snapped.

 

I felt like I was going to throw up.

 

 “Get out of my sight, you ing cheater!” he screamed, pointing at the stairs.

“I didn’t cheat,” I choked out and he slapped me.

 

“Don’t you lie to me, Luhan!” he growled dangerously.

 

“Don’t you dare lie to me. Now get out of my sight and get in your room.”

 

He sighed in annoyance. “You’re not smart enough to get those grades. Ailee and Sehun are and they-”

 

“Shut up!” I shrieked furiously. “Shut the up about Sehun! He’s not perfect! I’m smart too!”

I whirled around and rushed up the stairs before he could hit me again. I slammed and locked my bedroom door, sliding down against it as I fought back tears. I clenched my fists tightly. He was always dad’s favorite, no matter what I did or how hard I tried. He always loved Sehun more than he loved me. Sehun, Sehun, Sehun. Sehun was perfect.

And suddenly, I felt a burning rage and hatred.

 

Sehun.

 

I hated Sehun. I hated him so, so much. If it weren’t for him, maybe my dad would actually love me. But no, It was perfect Sehun he loved, and broken Luhan that he hated. I would get Sehun for this. I would humiliate him, like my dad had just humiliated me. I would make Sehun feel the same hurt I felt right now. I hated my brother so deeply. And by tomorrow, he would feel the same god damn pain.

(A/N I know, I’m a , but what do you expect? UNICORNS, RAINBOWS AND DAISIES AND HUNHAN RUNNING IN MEADOW? No, there is a reason it’s in the “angst” category. COMMENT.)