Chapter 19

Angel

(A/N UPDATE! WOOOOOT.)

I sometimes walk and stop
I look around and our eyes meet
I quickly turn my head away
I look at my toes and
then slowly look up

My eyes that get larger
My lips that open up slightly
My heart rings in my ears

60 seconds is all I need for this story
You came into my heart
I don’t doubt it
That you took me away
The time that wasn’t short
You’re that kind of person
A story that’s enough for me
I don’t need any reasons
You made my heart flutter and look for you
That first time

(60 Seconds – Kim Sunggyu)

We sat at dinner the next night, silent. The only sound was that of forks scarping on plates and dad occasionally clearing his throat. Luhan and I didn’t look at each other.

“You kids are so quiet,” mom said, glancing at each of us. Only Ailee looked up from her food, she shrugged and took a sip of her milk.

“There’s not really anything to talk about,” she said with another shrug. I nodded in agreement.

Well, actually, there were things to talk about. But they were the kind of things that I, being a straight boy who knew how disgusting was, didn’t want to talk about and would kill Luhan if he decided that he did.

But Luhan remained silent, which was rare for him.

“Luhan, are you feeling okay? Do you feel better?” mom asked, also noticing how odd it was that he wasn’t talking. Luhan glanced at her and shrugged.

“I’m okay,” he said quietly and poked the steak on his plate with his fork, not actually eating it.

Mom frowned and pressed her hand against his forehead. “You don’t really feel warm,” she said, also feeling his cheeks. “But maybe you are coming down with something. We’ll keep an eye on it.”

Yeah, he was coming down with lovesickness, for his little brother, ing . That was just sick and wrong, and he knew it. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he knew it. But like with everything else, Luhan didn’t care about right and wrong. He just did his thing and disregarded the rules.

He looked up and noticed me staring at him. He narrowed his eyes at me.

“Take a picture, nerd. It’ll last longer,” he snapped. I glared right back. Dad brought his hand around to smack Luhan.

 “Stop treating your brother like that!” he snapped.

“I’ll treat him however I damn well please!” Luhan growled viciously. Dad got up and pulled Luhan to his feet.

“You come with me,” he snarled and dragged Luhan away from the dining room and upstairs. We listened as Luhan’s bedroom door slammed, and they started screaming at each other.

“Well, family dinners in this house are always nice,” mom grumbled, standing up and grabbed Luhan’s plate. She dumped his food into a container and put his plate and glass in the dishwasher.

“You and Luhan just can’t get along, Sehun. You guys don’t even try,” Ailee said, glaring at me.

“You’re brothers. You could at least try to get along for once. You don’t always have to freaking fight with each other. It’s immature. You both act immature. Grow the hell up.”

“Ailee’s right, Sehun. You and Luhan need to grow up and stop fighting. It’s driving your father and I crazy, too,” mom said with a deep frown as she came back over to the dinner table and sat down to finish eating her meal.

I picked up my fork and shrugged.

“I didn’t even do anything,” I pointed out. “Maybe not tonight you didn’t, but you two always manage to get in a fight somehow and I am so sick of it. Do your dad and I need to lock you boys in a closet together until you make up and stop this immature foolishness?”

Panic rushed through me at the thought of being locked in a closet with Luhan. The feel of his lips on mine came back to me and I shook my head violently.

“No,” I said quickly and mom raised an eyebrow at me. “Stop fighting,” she said simply, announcing that this topic was currently closed and easing my panicked state.

 

I finished eating my dinner and put my dishes in the dishwasher before going upstairs. Dad was just coming out of Luhan’s bedroom. He glanced at me and came over.

“Where you going, Sehun?” he asked.

“To study,” I grumbled, suddenly not in the mood to talk to my dad. He had probably hit Luhan for snapping at me. As mad at him as I was, I still didn’t think it was right for our dad to hit him like that.

“Alright. Have fun with that,” dad said with a shrug before going downstairs to finish eating his dinner. I glanced at Luhan’s room. His door was half open.

I peeked in curiously. Luhan was sitting in the corner of his room, his arms hugging his knees. His head rested on them gently and his eyes were squeezed shut. The side of his face had deep red marks from where dad must have kept slapping him.

Not wanting him to see me watching him, I quietly walked away and went into my bedroom. I pulled my glasses off and looked at myself in mirror, again amazed at just how much I looked like Luhan. And the two of us looked so much like our dad.

I put my glasses back on and pushed them up on my nose so they wouldn’t slide off. I went over to my closet and began to dig around until I found it. The ball Luhan had hurt himself retrieving for me. The memory of that day came back to me and I sat down heavily.

He had gotten hurt for me. He had risked his life just so that I wouldn’t cry. He could’ve easily broken his neck falling out of that tree, but he had climbed it anyways, just so that I could have my ball.

And now dad hated him. Something about that day made dad hate Luhan and favor me. But he should’ve hated me and loved Luhan. I was the whole reason Luhan had climbed the tree and gotten hurt that day. If I hadn’t been such a ing cry baby, Luhan never would’ve gone up in the tree. We would’ve just waited for our dad to get the ball down for us.

I had kissed my brother last night, and I knew it. There was no denying it. I had kissed my older brother and liked it. I buried my face in my hands, dropping the ball. I had a crush on my brother, and I knew it. I had a crush on Luhan.

 

(A/N God, Sehun, stop being such a dense mofo, bro.)