Chapter 16

Angel

(A/N ATTENTION I DO NOT REMEMBER WHAT I WROTE ON HOW LUHAN HURT HIS BACK AND I’M TOO LAZY TO ACTUALLY GO BACK SO YEAH, IT’S DIFFERENT.)

Geu saekkiboda naega motan ge mwoya
Dodaeche wae naneun gajil su eomneun geoya
Geu saekkineun neoreul saranghaneun ge anya
Eonjekkaji babogachi ulgoman isseul geoya

Neon geu saram yaegil hal ttaen haengbokhae boyeo (You look happy)
Ireokerado useuni joha boyeo (I’m happy)
Geureul jeongmal saranghandago machi yeongwonhalgeorago
Mitneun ne moseubi i don
t know what to say no more

Neoui chingudeul modu geureul jal ara (Yup they know)
Ppeonhi da boineungeol neoman wae mot bwa (It’
s you)
They say love is blind oh baby you so blind
Jebal heeojigireul baralge

(That XX – G-Dragon)

-Luhan’s POV-



 

 

“Throw it like this, Sehunnie!”

 

 I said and took his hands in mine, bending his arms and snapping them forward. The ball shot from his hands and whipped a fair distance before falling with a thud to the ground. Sehun stared in wonder and awe.

 

“Wow, Luhan hyungie! Can I try?” he asked eagerly and I nodded and ran to retrieve it for him.

 

 I handed it to him and he bent his arms carefully, a look of pure concentration on his face. His arm snapped forward and the ball flew neatly from his hand, landing at the base of the tree in our backyard.

I smiled widely and clapped for him.

 

“That a boy, Sehunnie!” I said and ran to retrieve it for him again. I handed it to him and he smiled and giggled.

He set his arms again and let them snap forward again. The ball flew up and landed on one of the branches in the tree. Sehun gasped in terror.

 

“My Ball!” he cried, clearly upset.

 

 “Appa! Appa, get my ball!” he called, his head whipping to the side.

Our dad looked over and up at the tree.

 

 “I’ll get it in a few minutes, Sehun. You and Luhan just sit tight,” he said with a small smile before turning and going back to t the bushes, headphones in and head nodding along with the beat of the music.

Sehun’s eyes watered a little.

 

 “My ball,” he whimpered.

 

“Don’t cry, Sehunnie! I’ll get it for you!” I said with a smile. I didn’t want to see him cry.

 

“Really?” he asked hopefully and I nodded.

 

“How?” he asked, his face dropping into a depressed one.

 

“I can climb the tree! Here; watch,” I said and moved to the tree.

I gripped the branches and pulled myself up onto them. I steadied myself and smiled reassuringly down at Sehun before giving him a thumbs up and crawling up on another branch. I continued my climb up the branches until I had reached the ball.

I gripped it and shifted to crawl back down the tree. The branch my feet were resting on suddenly gave out under my weight and I went plummeting down towards the ground.

I let out a terrified shriek as I fell and heard my dad scream in terror. I hit the ground and agony rocketed through me. I started shrieking, gripping Sehun’s ball tightly.

 

“Hyungie!” Sehun cried in horror.

“Luhan! Luhan, I’m going to take you to the hospital. You’re going to be okay,” dad said, trying to sound reassuring.

 

I didn’t care. I wasn’t listening to him. I was still shrieking and crying. Dad picked me up and I screamed louder, hurting my own ears.

I passed out. A wave of agony had crashed over me and dragged me down into the depths of pain and unconsciousness. I could feel agony and hear voices, but none of it mattered because I couldn’t find the light. I couldn’t remember how to open my eyes. My ears would ring and stop, ring and stop.

When I finally opened my eyes, I was lying in a hospital bed and my parents were holding each other by my bedside. They looked at me and my mom burst into tears. Seeing her like that terrified me and I tried to shift, but I ended up screaming as my back began to send waves of indescribable pain through my body. My dad’s eyes watered, and I passed back out.

After I fell out of the tree, I had spent 2 weeks in the hospital and another 2 weeks resting in my bed. That was when my dad began to favor Sehun over me. It was a slow but sure process. And my back, which had always given me trouble, began to confine me to my bed more and more often.

 

I had been 7 years old when I fell out of the tree.

Here I sat, 10 years later, still having not forgiven Sehun for it. If I hadn’t gone up into the tree to get his stupid ball so that he wouldn’t cry, I wouldn’t have fallen and my back wouldn’t be so bad. And who knows; maybe my dad wouldn’t hate me so much. Something about that day made him hate me.

He had cut down the tree while I was still in the hospital. I hadn’t gotten surgery, which was a relief in itself, but I was bedridden for 4 weeks when I was only 7 years old. I became terrified of heights, and in constant pain for quite a while. Jerky movements sent me back to my bed for days or even weeks. It was terrible. And it had all been for Sehun.

But now, sitting on my bed at 17 years old, I felt bad for what I had done to him yesterday. Our parents hadn’t found out, thank god. My dad would absolutely murder me if he ever found out what Kai and I had done to Sehun yesterday.

I sighed, deciding I needed to apologize to the nerd for having embarrassed him the way I did. I wasn’t usually that kind of person. Never that cruel to someone. I had just been so angry and hurt that I guess I barely even realized just what it was that I was doing to Sehun. And now the regret was eating at me wildly.

 

I got up off my bed and slowly made my way to Sehun’s room, trying to plan out exactly what it was that I was going to say to him. He was going to be beyond furious with me for what Kai and I had done to him, and that was understandable. I needed a really good apology.

Ah, who the hell was I kidding? I was Oh-Xi Luhan. I didn’t plan what I was going to say; I just said it. Praying that my mouth would be kind enough to keep me out of more trouble than I was already in with Sehun, I went into his room.

He looked up and glared at me in hate.

 

 “What do you want?” he demanded coldly. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

 

“To apologize. I’m sorry for what Kai and I did.”

 “Sorry doesn’t make anything better, Luhan!” Sehun cried furiously.

 

“Well, how do I make it better?” I asked, suddenly desperate.

 

“You can’t!” Sehun snapped and looked away from me, embarrassed. “You can’t,” he said quietly.

I went over to him and wrapped my arms around him.

 

“I didn’t mean to…I…I’m sorry, Sehun.” I whispered and kissed his forehead.

And then a powerful urge hit me. It made me release Sehun, almost in terror. He stared at me, suddenly curious and confused looking. But I could see the same terror in his eyes. He…no…he couldn’t have had the same urge. The urge had disgusted me deeply. I was tired. That had to be it.

That had to be the only explanation for my sudden urge to kiss my brother’s lips.

 

(A/N OH .)