What Just Happened?

Secret Duet [HIATUS]

We then started our hunt once again.

“Did we go there yet?” Wooyoung tapped my shoulder and pointed to a store.

I looked in the direction and read the name out loud, “YESSTYLE…” I glanced at the clothes they had on display.

“No we didn’t, but I think it’s the right one!” I grabbed his hand, something I really need to stop doing. “Let’s go!”

I stared in awe as we both entered the shop. One word could describe this place.

“Wow.” His mouth was formed in an ‘o’ shape, seems like I’m not the only who likes this place.

They have really good clothes. Well that’s an understatement.

We walked deeper into the store.

I quickly checked a shirt’s price. This place is also affordable! I should really come here often…

“Excuse me, can I help you?” A lady, probably in her late forties, asked as, smiling. Not one of those creepy, forced smiles. A real, genuine smile.

“Oh yes, could you give him a new look, that would make him unrecognizable?” I pointed to Wooyoung. She gave him the elevator look, nodded, and then whisked him away.

Yes! Now maybe I can buy some things for myself! I grabbed a whole bunch of shirts, pants, shorts, dresses, everything, and went to the dressing room. I probably will never even wear any of these, but I really don’t care.


It’s been about 30 minutes since I’ve been trying things on, and since I’ve seen Wooyoung. This place is perfect, I am in love.

“Miss, I’ve finished, I’d like you to see this!” the lady exclaimed excitedly. Good timing, I just finished too~ I smiled, grabbed everything, and came out.

Is that Wooyoung?

“H-Hi Jieun…” his face flushed pink. Although I don’t see why he would.

He wore a black vest on top of a white undershirt, skinny jeans, and those big nerdy glasses. But the lady didn’t stop there. His hair was gelled down, which brought out his cheeks… I never noticed how chubby they were.

“Wooyoung you look so cute!” I gushed like a mom to her child, his face turned scarlet. It’s nice to see this side of Wooyoung. I went up and pinched his cheeks.

“Yah!” he “slapped” me away, I giggled, and so did the lady.

“Thank you Ahjumma!” I beamed at the lady. She smiled and nodded back, she then handed me a bunch of other clothes for him.

“That dress really suits you!” Huh? I looked down; I forgot to take off one of the dresses I was trying on earlier…

“Ah thank you…” I mumbled in response.

“You look really cute.” I barely heard Wooyoung say that, it’s like he was saying to himself.

“Not as cute as you!” I grinned. He face has no end to the shades of red and pink. “Wooyoung you need to stop turning red! I might mistake for a tomato!” I joked, resulting in him turning into a tomato. I laughed.

“L-Let’s just pay now.” He looked away from, attempting to cover his reddened face.

“Ok Mr. Tomato.” I made the ‘ok’ sign with my hands. “Ahjumma, we’re ready to pay!” this lady is very kind; she is just full of smiles! She went behind the counter, and started to scan everything.

$102.74

I didn’t realize we bought this much. I can live without Banana Milk…

I reached for my wallet, but Wooyoung grabbed my hand.

“I’ll pay.” He took out his wallet. I was really shocked, I have always had to pay for my things…

“Gomawo.” I shyly said.

“I’ll give you guess half off, don’t worry!” the lady said. Both of us were shocked.

“Ahjumma, why?” Wooyoung asked.

“I have never seen such a cuter pair!” she cooed.

E-Eh? Pair? As in like… couple?

“Ani Ahjumma! W-We’re not together!” I squeaked.

“Aww.” She frowned. “But I thought you were because of what-”

“Aniyo Ahjumma!” Wooyoung interrupted, shaking his hands furiously.

“Well you two should be,” she declared. “Well you’ll still be getting half off!”

$51.37

“Are you sure?” we both asked at the same time, this seemed her smile even bigger, if that were possible. She nodded.

He insisted on carrying the bag.

As we were walking out of YESSTYLE the Ahjumma called Wooyoung back, I guess he forgot something.

It was 5 minutes before he came back out.

“What was that about?” I curiously asked.

“I forgot something.” He quickly replied. Looks like I was right.

We were walking around aimlessly. I don’t know why it became so silent.

Something caught my eye, so I stopped staring at it.

Build-A-Friend.

I always wanted a teddy bear from one of those things… I sighed.

“Something wrong Jieun?” Wooyoung had stopped too.

“Aniyo.” I shook my head. “Just wanted to take a little break.” He raised his eyebrows, and then sighed. He gave me a smile.

“Wait here!” he then dashed off.

“Yah! Where are you going?” I yelled to him.

“I’m going to put the stuff in my car!” then I couldn’t see him anymore. Great, alone in a mall. I looked longingly at Build-A-Friend, maybe next time…

I felt someone tap my shoulder, “Hey cutie, you here by yourself?” I turned, it was one of the guys from school, and he wasn’t alone.

“No, I’m here with a friend.” I quickly replied. His friends joined in.

“Some kind of friend they are, leaving a pretty girl alone.” One said.

Another added, “You new here? I haven’t seen you around.” He slung his arm over my shoulder.

I tried to shrug his arm off, but I couldn’t. “How about you come with us?” the first guy said, “Let’s have some fun, lots and lots of fun.” He put his face near my ear.

“F-Fun?” Whatever fun he is talking about, I really doubt it will be fun. Where are random passing by people when I need them?

“Yah what are you doing with my girl!” Wooyoung? … Wooyoung! Wait. My girl? HIS girl? I looked into his eyes, my eyes telling him, what the heck?!

Just go with it. That’s what his eyes told me. I mentally sighed. It’s a good thing he didn’t change back, they would’ve recognized him.

“Your girl?” the guys looked confused. “Why would a hot girl like her, be with a nerd like you?” He does not look like a nerd! He looks cute!

“He is not a nerd!” I screamed without thinking. “He’s cute! Way cuter than you!” What did I just say.

“Excuse me? I happen to be a Kingka at school.” I scoffed, what a liar, there are no Kingka’s at school, only those Populars! “Besides, I bet I’m a better kisser than him.” He smirked. My eyes widened, he is leaning towards me.

No! I haven’t had my first kiss yet! I shut my eyes.

“Don’t kiss her!” I felt the arm around me disappear. I kept my eyes shut, I heard a lot of grunting and yelling. I felt like fainting, I was never the type to take much. I started falling, but someone, who smelled like banana milk, and right before I fainted I felt something soft on my lips.

What just happened?

~ ~ ~

Wee~ over 1000 views :D

Thanks guys!

Thanks for reading!

Don’t forget to comment and subscribe!